Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Uriel. wrote: »
    It's been talked about but I'm not sure if there was ever a formal request made to Admins for this kinda thing?

It won't be allowed though.

Well the issue I suppose is if even one account got into the wrong hands they could cause untold carnage before being shut down. And that would not end well for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

gufc21 wrote: »
    Or a reason to create 30 profiles purely for the execution of these games on boards so boards doesn't lose the traffic. I mean the game wasnt 36 hours old and had 1200+ posts

Ha . . I was typing a response and included the very same suggestion. When I posted it and read through the page I didn't see my post for a second and thought "Wait a minute, I thought I just post that exact point" . . "Did I read somebody elses point and imagine it was my idea ?!! I got to go to bed.... Right now before . . Oh wait there it is . "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I can put it to the admin team, but I think we should hold off discussing this until after the game and until the game mods have a chance to figure a plan.

Cool beans.
    I'm sure accounts could be locked to posting to just the WW subforum too?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well the issue I suppose is if even one account got into the wrong hands they could cause untold carnage before being shut down. And that would not end well for us.

I'd say all that stuff can be locked off tho with limited access rights etc.
    What's probably more of an issue is that it would need to be maintained by a boards mod or probably admin. Like resetting account passwords etc is probably only doable by Admins. That's a bit of hassle for every game for them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cool beans.

The only issue is posting history. I'd imagine you'd have to get an admin to wipe the accounts after each game and... you know what? I'll leave it there until after this game is over.

• Advertisement

Cool beans.

Yeh and if mods wanted players to be accountable for normal infringements that would warrant bans or warnings, they could always have some sort of disclaimer pre game. In short , if you really take the piss in character in a way that would upset the overlords of boards, your personal user account will be disciplined.?!

Yep let's end the discussion for now and take it back up after the game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be honest there's nothing wrong with the game and how it's played on boards. Boards as it is, is the perfect vehicle for it.

I messed up. No excuses. I was half paying attention all day and just didn't think. Hopefully everyone will learn from my stupid mistake and this issue won't ever crop up again. Happy gaming everyone and I'm so sorry again.

So...

Yep let's end the discussion for now and take it back up after the game.
    Wolf!

• Advertisement

I don't know whats happening. Great opportunity to catch up properly :pac:

I don't know whats happening. Great opportunity to catch up properly :pac:

Enjoy the read. I'm going to have to increase the posts per page because it's almost at 100 pages in length for me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

If anyone can save it, it's geehead and cross :p
    ;)
    If you say geehead three times she appears
    :mad::pac:

Game thread is now re-open.
    homerr.jpg?1285254332

Just wanted to jot down some game ideas while they were in my head:

- Have vote during game to see if villagers want a specific extra power to a random villager. Vote helps spice things up because wolves do not want villagers to have powers but may have to take risk voting for the power to blend in- (used to speed up a slow day without forcing deaths)
    - Allow killed villagers to leave a note on their body when newsflash announces their death
    - encourage posting more with tasks and rewards (baddies not posting to blend in)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Drumpot wrote: »
    Just wanted to jot down some game ideas while they were in my head:

- Have vote during game to see if villagers want a specific extra power to a random villager. Vote helps spice things up because wolves do not want villagers to have powers but may have to take risk voting for the power to blend in- (used to speed up a slow day without forcing deaths)
    - Allow killed villagers to leave a note on their body when newsflash announces their death

How about a vote give an extra power to a random "player" (not villager) - ie, power could go to a goodie or a baddie?

You should sign up for the mod queue Drumpot - always looking for people to mod a game to keep things going.

Was thinking of doing the same thing myself actually. Drumpot, care to team up and mod a game so it's not so daunting the first time around?

Was thinking of doing the same thing myself actually. Drumpot, care to team up and mod a game so it's not so daunting the first time around?

Was thinking you and Lordy could team up for a Wrestling one? I've posted in the mod queue thread. Though I also suggested Lordy join Jay in modding, so that could leave you and Drum together to mod the following one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I remember seeing a thread / schedule of upcoming games and who is modding - whereabouts is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thanky!

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Was thinking you and Lordy could team up for a Wrestling one? I've posted in the mod queue thread. Though I also suggested Lordy join Jay in modding, so that could leave you and Drum together to mod the following one.

I'm cool with either. If Lord wants to take it on himself that's fine by me too cos I kinda jumped in straight after him. But yeah I'm good for co-modding one anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Whats the theme for next months game does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

TBA, I'm sure mrs fd will start organising when she's out of this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

TBA, I'm sure mrs fd will start organising when she's out of this game

I had wanted to do a teaser but Grumpy wants to surprise you all :) We have a theme (pretty sure we are running with it) and we plan on meeting up and doing the game design. Will see her at the weekend hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I had wanted to do a teaser but Grumpy wants to surprise you all :) We have a theme (pretty sure we are running with it) and we plan on meeting up and doing the game design. Will see her at the weekend hopefully anyway.

Are the rest of us not invited to the meet up?

sullivlo wrote: »
    Are the rest of us not invited to the meet up?

Sure! bring the suncream. It's getting HOT :)

Quiz in my place Saturday, BYOB. Pizza will be phoned in through the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Sure! bring the suncream. It's getting HOT

Awesome! I need a holiday!

I would be game for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Hang on a second... Grumpy is a she *mind blown*

Never trusted them dwarfs!

• Advertisement

Hang on a second... Grumpy is a she *mind blown*

Never trusted them dwarfs!

Grumpy is a really tall black haired goddess! I am only 5'2.75 and have to run to keep up with her stride lol.

Advertisement