Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I jut keep getting 404 page not found when I click post button.

This makes. Me. Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Uriel. wrote:
    I can't post in the game thread for some weird reason. Am I banned?

Bold boy

Should we have a new game alert thread thats locked barring when a sign up thread goes live that way people could follow it and get notified everytime a game goes live might save hassle of pming people and save people been hassled who dont want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Should we have a new game alert thread thats locked barring when a sign up thread goes live that way people could follow it and get notified everytime a game goes live might save hassle of pming people and save people been hassled who dont want to play

No
    What time?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Good idea Mick, I nearly missed a few games due to not checking the forum regularly. Well I suppose I could have sub to it but I like this idea. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Never know where to put this, but there's an Overwatch themed game happening on Facebook the 15th October if anyone wants in.

PM me a link to your account, or just setup a Messenger account and link me it (no Facebook necessary).

Note that the standard is much lower than here on Boards however, it can be frustrating.

All welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Never know where to put this, but there's an Overwatch themed game happening on Facebook the 15th October if anyone wants in.

PM me a link to your account, or just setup a Messenger account and link me it (no Facebook necessary).

Note that the standard is much lower than here on Boards however, it can be frustrating.

All welcome.

Can't yiu get those guys to sign up here and run your game on Boards. Nothing to say you can't have a private game on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jayop wrote: »
    Can't yiu get those guys to sign up here and run your game on Boards. Nothing to say you can't have a private game on here.

Hmm, I had invited some of them to boards before, only three or four moved across and they didn't stay, might do that again though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

after the last game, i think we should look at revising timelines a bit. it is of great benefit to the wolves to have the end game rushed, cos its he villagers that need to take the time to research and look for inconsistencies in wolf play, vote patterns, etc.

one way to save time at the end would be to reduce the night phase to say 5hrs. actually maybe that wouldn't work, cos the timings would change everyday, and the 2nd kill would be announced at 2am.

maybe increase the pace at the early game? but then someone might only be in the game for like 6 hours, which sucks.

we could increase the time frame to say 7 days? not ideal either for people busy with RL stuff.

less players? not ideal, cos we are trying to recruit new people.

i dont know how to best acheive this, but someone might have an ingenious solution.

this isnt aimed at the last game, it was a great game, thanks mods. it happens in most games, and i would hazard a guess that most wolf wins are partly due to the speed of the end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I agree timings wise the the length of phases could be better. But it's really difficult to work in considering people's rl commitments.

We could do night phase from 9am to 10 am day from 10 to 4 night from 4 to 5 day from 5 to 10 and lock the threads from 10pm ? That way wolves only have 1 extra live plotting hour over villagers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

We could do night phase from 9am to 10 am day from 10 to 4 night from 4 to 5 day from 5 to 10 and lock the threads from 10pm ? That way wolves only have 1 extra live plotting hour over villagers?

I like that idea. Sk and Tigger, I imagine, might not like the thread locking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I know this is being discussed partly due to my tantrum (*morto*) but I do think it's something that needs looking at. Changing timings might not be ideal and I know I appreciated the regular day /night schedule this week as I'd a couple of really busy days in work where I really needed the chance that the normal schedule allowed me to catchup.

Two things I'd suggest. In a big numbers game maybe increase the kill rate for the baddies and compensate for that advantage by increasing village power roles. I LOVED the numerous apprentice roles in the last game. The other suggestion is that if there is a definite end day, announce it early so people can plan accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I was thinking of sugesting speed days from tue or wed onwards (assuming sun start). Will allow players time to get to grips with it and not make any rash dicisions at the beginning. Also allows any specail game roles if included to be fully understood.

Especially in bigger games, more kills and or speed days might help.

Would there be an issue with triple action days where it's munch Lynch munch and the following day is Lynch munch Lynch?

Having said all this, I am in no way criticising the last game. It happened in the st game as well that we had to speed things up at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I think the last game could have gone differently if the wolf kills were spread out over the two teams, and not one team at a time, as it would have kept the kill rate up. It is impossible to know what way the game is going to go before it happens though.

It may be beneficial for each game to have a template for how a speed day/super speed day will work, and potentially a timeline in the OP for when they can be used.

i suppose we could be fluid. if the seer comes out, and names x as bad and everyone is on board with lynching x then we could speed up that phase. not too dramatically, cos you need time for a counter argument, etc.

i know all this means more work for the mods. the games wouldnt happen without them so we have to respect what way they want to go about it.

instead of speeding up the game we could also slow it down over the weekend, and finish on the following mon/tues. that way people get to do whatever at the weekend, mods get some sort of a break, players have time to gather their thoughts.

would people burn out though with a game lasting 10 days? i dunno. some people probably would. extending the game will also allow some dead people to take the burden off the mods, by subbing in as a mod for a day or 2.

would also like to replay a few of the games, to see how they would play out. we could replay the GOT game when the new season kicks off for eg.

instead of speeding up the game we could also slow it down over the weekend, and finish on the following mon/tues. that way people get to do whatever at the weekend, mods get some sort of a break, players have time to gather their thoughts.

would people burn out though with a game lasting 10 days? i dunno. some people probably would. extending the game will also allow some dead people to take the burden off the mods, by subbing in as a mod for a day or 2.

Solid ideas there yoss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A big contribution to the mess the last day was that one wolf team was wiped out early stretching things a lot. Rick didn't get his two kills either.

• Advertisement

i suppose we could be fluid. if the seer comes out, and names x as bad and everyone is on board with lynching x then we could speed up that phase. not too dramatically, cos you need time for a counter argument, etc.

i know all this means more work for the mods. the games wouldnt happen without them so we have to respect what way they want to go about it.

could add in something like a mob lynch in a game maybe with on thread voting or something where once the majority reached a decision the person was lynched straight away. (might need to be kinda self regualting as it may be too much work for mods) 1 vote you can't change once voted and it'd run along side the normal vote. If majority not reached no lynch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I think that if by Wednesday night lynch you do not think it will in anyway be over on time, then somewhere half way through the death story add something like the following, in unremarkable write, no bold, no asterisk, etc. , on walking away from the village center a villager notices a gun, he checks the chamber and see's six bullets, the next perons on thread who says, oh this will be fun, will be give the gun, then we play by 10 minute popcorn rules or until either bullets are all gone, should be a fun hour can will reduce the head count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Game starting over on IPB if anyone interested.

I am not modding, a guy Andy is. I feel I best take a break after the events of the last week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cheap plug mark II:

Buffy sign up thread is now LIVE: Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Why you all leaving? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Why you all leaving? :(

Well I'm not so much leaving as picking my games. I was way too busy this week (unexpectedly) and so I was a liability to my 'team' which I hated. If I have the time in future I'll definitely play but the new career is pretty demanding time wise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Well I'm not so much leaving as picking my games. I was way too busy this week (unexpectedly) and so I was a liability to my 'team' which I hated. If I have the time in future I'll definitely play but the new career is pretty demanding time wise :(

Ditto. Last game I couldn’t dedicate enough time to it. This game I don’t think I even opened the thread I had that little spare time.

All of this leaving talk has Necro convinced. We need more one nighters and short games so those with demanding jobs/hours can still participate.

If I can get it off the ground I have no issue running a bi-monthly live game for those who still want to play but can't commit to the week long slog of the normal monthly games.

Lucky enough that I have a schedule that allows me to do this at present. You guys welcomed me in and now I'm comfortable with backrooms and modding (although not perfect) I want to give back!

• Advertisement

Advertisement