Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Last chance to sign up for the live game, taking place tomorrow evening :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057802550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Roll up roll up peeps. There's a few places left for yet another Necro extravaganza.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Two things guys, is there any way to remotely log out/end sessions on boards? I opened Chrome there on Sunday and saw I was still logged in as Gabriel from the Buffy game.

Not a huge deal this game but it could lead to problems depending on the game setup and players involved.

Something to be aware of anyways.

Secondly, this is something I brought up in-game but worded it poorly. Imo, Pter and Raze should have had to go back and quote any posts from their own accounts from the Jake and Mary account, or better again repost exactly it anon. Just so we have somewhere to link it too, without defeating the purpose of the anons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Two things guys, is there any way to remotely log out/end sessions on boards? I opened Chrome there on Sunday and saw I was still logged in as Gabriel from the Buffy game.

Not a huge deal this game but it could lead to problems depending on the game setup and players involved.

Something to be aware of anyways.

Secondly, this is something I brought up in-game but worded it poorly. Imo, Pter and Raze should have had to go back and quote any posts from their own accounts from the Jake and Mary account, or better again repost exactly it anon. Just so we have somewhere to link it too, without defeating the purpose of the anons.

On first, if people changed the account passwords as soon as they get them then the account will not work from anywhere else. What you are seeing won't be recent, just a cached page of what you were looking at months ago.

not touching the 2nd, as my stance is lock WW forum to anon accounts only for anon games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Agree 100% I'm not saying anyone would or did do this but it would be very easy to post this way to plant ideas you don't want to have tied to your anon name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sKeith wrote: »
    On first, if people changed the account passwords as soon as they get them then the account will not work from anywhere else. What you are seeing won't be recent, just a cached page of what you were looking at months ago.

not touching the 2nd, as my stance is lock WW forum to anon accounts only for anon games

Ah okay, I didn't fiddle around with it now, logged out straight away so maybe I'm overworrying about it.

I'm really not sure why it was Gabriel and not Nigel though :D

That would probably be the preferred option but if that doesn't come about we need a solution imo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    not touching the 2nd, as my stance is lock WW forum to anon accounts only for anon games.

I agree with this. Save me from myself.

sKeith wrote:

Agree with this stance fully. Players have no need posting in the sub forum when anon games are going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

It’s doable to lock access to just the anon accounts for anon games. It would involve revoking access for everyone and then just granting access when required. I’d just need some notice.

Sorry about pulling out mid game :( I just had some RL stuff get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Would the admins permit an anon subforum to WW? Access grant to only the anon accounts, and it stops the messing about for constant revoking/granting access.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

How about making the Werewolf forum accessible to anon accounts only, and then moving the game thread to Forum Games when it's over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Virtanen wrote: »
    How about making the Werewolf forum accessible to anon accounts only, and then moving the game thread to Forum Games when it's over?

Sometimes the game is played not anon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

i said i wasnt going to weigh in here, but i never do what i say, does boards not have groups like C0P for instance, so, all you would need to do is have a stadard wwforum group and a wwanon group and whenever an anon game is upcoming, just allow wwanon group (its unchanging) and whenever you have standard, you allow wwforum group, the change over is simple, and when people request access you just add them to wwforum group. its seems very simple in my mind but ive never seen behind the scenes of boards forum, maybe sully or some of the other boards mods, we have a few in our community could tell we why this is silly and nothing is ever as easy as i ever think it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Boards does have groups, but like COP, only admins can assign/change them. I’m not sure if it would be feasible to do it that way tbh, as it puts a lot of work on the admins who don’t actually play the game. Plus any changes to the user groups have to be completed at certain times because of the gremlins, so it’s not as simple as it seems.

I’m not sure how a second subforum would work from an admin POV. I can ask, but when I requested a separate subforum for D&D it was denied. They had other suggestions for that so I’ll start a thread on it for discussion. I just genuinely have not had a spare moment in the past few weeks.

I’m happy to revoke all access to the subforum and just re-admit people as required. I have done it for a few folks over the past few anon games - taken their access and restored it when they died anon. It would just require a player list in advance of a game so I could update it then.

When I play anon I keep the anon account logged in on an incognito window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

sullivlo wrote: »

When I play anon I keep the anon account logged in on an incognito window.

That's what I do too, and it's really frustrating that others can't do the same.

I think all the suggestions of locking access to the forum are grand but we need a contingency for when that's not possible, like if god forbid sully goes on holliers during a game or we get a new mod who doesn't play/care about us.

That's what I do too, and it's really frustrating that others can't do the same.

I think all the suggestions of locking access to the forum are grand but we need a contingency for when that's not possible, like if god forbid sully goes on holliers during a game or we get a new mod who doesn't play/care about us.

Play on COP? :P Not to steal traffic or anything of course. Yeah I see your point, there's no simple solution, especially when, while a lot of the recent games have been anon - there's still a demand for regular account games.

Example, I'm planning on running a live game late next month after Disney again which will be non-anon.

Haven't made a decision on the actual long game yet, that will be up to the players of said game.

I actually do it the opposite way. My regular browsers host the anon account and I log into boards in incognito with my normal account if I need to. Phone has the app set for anon, and the browser on touch for my normal account. Still have managed to keep my nose clean from posting in the Necro guise during an anon game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thats what I do also and I unfollow the game on my private acc, havent misposted since.

Kolido wrote:
    Thats what I do also and I unfollow the game on my private acc, havent misposted since.

I never unfollowed on my work phone this game. That's where I got caught out. I was better this game though. Only 4 posts in the wrong account. Baby steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I blame the D&D game for my post this game. Before I just would've never logged into my own account during a live Anon game. I am especially dense about this incognito thing though. I tried it after I made my booboo and it didn't work so I'm clearly doing it wrong. I eventually just used Firefox for the Anon account and Chrome for my own account before I died.

• Advertisement

And here's another thread where Necro is NOW top poster :pac:

Uriel, come back and reclaim your crown from me - if you dare :P

Molly, Necro and I will be posting about the next game later this week! Keep your eyes peeled :)

Pter wrote: »
    Molly, Necro and I will be posting about the next game later this week! Keep your eyes peeled :)

Aye, whenever Kolido, Digi and Lough see this if they could hand over the backroom keys to us that would be great. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hey guys, I have admined you 3, you can kick me out when you login and I guess digi and lough will let you know when they are done.

Kolido wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have admined you 3, you can kick me out when you login and I guess digi and lough will let you know when they are done.

Thanks honey bunch. Hope I didn't make your week too stressful :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m done. Feel free to kick me out too :)

Jesus Christ don't make me an admin! I broke the whole board the last time I was an admin!

Molly is now un-admined.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ don't make me an admin! I broke the whole board the last time I was an admin!

It's ok Molly, we're good :P Game moderator perhaps :pac:

• Advertisement

Game mod is fine. Just don't let me deal with permissions.

Advertisement