Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't think I've anytime to do back there, game is already archived so work away on booting me too.

Is there a way to batch set everyone back to registered? I'm wondering about kicking Dead folk out of that usergroup

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is there a way to batch set everyone back to registered? I'm wondering about kicking Dead folk out of that usergroup

Yep. The PC wizard sKeith taught me that a few months back.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yep. The PC wizard sKeith taught me that a few months back.

You just select everyone, hit change user groups and then registered? No trickery

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You just select everyone, hit change user groups and then registered? No trickery

Select the user group Dead room and change all folk in there back to registered.

I can do it if you like.

Don't do a Molly with everyone :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Careful now, or you do what molly did and remove admin from everybody.

• Advertisement

Select the user group Dead room and change all folk in there back to registered.

I can do it if you like.

Don't do a Molly with everyone :pac:

I'm just trying to figure it out, not in the backrooms atm, hold on let me try

*Edit* Got it, cool! Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So... anyone that fancies a WW fix there's a game starting on Sunday on Mafia Universe. It's got a US Presidents theme. They're looking for a few extra players so I said I'd give them a plug here.

As a game mod both former and upcoming I know how much work goes into these games. MU is actually fun once you get to grips with it, and very innovative in terms of roles etc.

MU Sign Up Thread

Hope to see one or two of ye there :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How long do their games tend to last?

Loughc wrote: »
    How long do their games tend to last?

The mashes are 12/12 very similar to ours. The thread closes at night too meaning you can sleep and stuff :pac:

Last game had 80 players and 6 days. Started Monday at 1pm, finished Saturday evening.

This game doesn't look like having as many so will probably run shorter, but that's the kind of timeline you'd be looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Am I reading it right? Their day phase is 4am to 4pm, 10 posts a day min with no posting at night unless instructed?

Also stupid question : in Boards, is the night phase considered to be the bit from Lynch to Munch? So the Munch would be at 4am and Lynch at 4pm?

Banjo wrote: »
    Am I reading it right? Their day phase is 4am to 4pm, 10 posts a day min with no posting at night unless instructed?

Also stupid question : in Boards, is the night phase considered to be the bit from Lynch to Munch? So the Munch would be at 4am and Lynch at 4pm?

Correct. It's Eastern Standard Time. Last 1 opened at 8am which was 1pm our time so it would more thank likely be 2pm to 2am no?

Google says it's 7:04 AM EST right now

https://www.google.ie/search?q=what+time+is+it+EST

So basically I'm converting 9am our time to 4am theirs. Because I'm clever like that.

Oh wait - the clocks go forward here this weekend don't they? Dunno if they do in the states but something to bear in mind since Sunday will be the first day it affects us if there's a discrepancy!

So basically I'm converting 9am our time to 4am theirs. Because I'm clever like that.

Oh wait - the clocks go forward here this weekend don't they? Dunno if they do in the states but something to bear in mind since Sunday will be the first day it affects us if there's a discrepancy!

Yeah. So timeframe is:

The day phase will start at 9 AM EST and will end at 9 PM EST.

So 2pm/3pm our time. End of Day can be a bit of b1tch admittedly.

The last one, the Simpsons game, opened at 1pm. Then End Of Day was at 1am. EOD is when the lynch happens. Once somebody is lynched, the thread closes until 1pm the next day. That was pretty much day 1. only requirement was to do 10 posts.
    Day 2 was a bit different. Day opened at 1pm with the munch results. Day 2 differs from day 1 due to having 2 In Thread Attack windows. ITA1 between 4pm and 5pm and ita2 between 10pm and 11pm.
    Each day, starting day 2, until whenever game numbers are reduced to a predetermined number, everybody is given a gun. During either ITA windows, you attempt to kill somebody. Most people have one bullet a day.
    When you shoot, there is a 20% chance it will hit (not sure of exact numbers). You can boost your chances of hitting, or dodging etc, buy buying in game goodies from an in games shop and you win in game money by winning events that happen sporadically during the day.
    Day 2 ends with a lynch, just like day 1 , and at EOD, the thread closes. Rinse and repeat day two until that predetermined user count. Then it drops back to rinse and repeat day1 (with a munch) until game is over.

sKeith wrote: »
    Day 2 was a bit different. Day opened at 1pm with the munch results. Day 2 differs from day 1 due to having 2 In Thread Attack windows. ITA1 between 4pm and 5pm and ita2 between 10pm and 11pm.
    Each day, starting day 2, until whenever game numbers are reduced to a predetermined number, everybody is given a gun. During either ITA windows, you attempt to kill somebody. Most people have one bullet a day.

Yep. MOST people ;)

Correct. It's Eastern Standard Time. Last 1 opened at 8am which was 1pm our time so it would more thank likely be 2pm to 2am no?

That is what i worked out too, but i don't know what will happen when the clocks change.
    9am est = 2pm dublin time.

Yep. MOST people ;)
    you're special :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is it not base on usa time? 9am in New York would be 2pm in Ireland.

Also, time changes in USA this weekend, in Ireland on the 25th.

For those 2 weeks, Ireland will be 4 hours ahead of New York I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fast moving game at the early hours of the morning, do you guys find it difficult to keep up?

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »

Fountain of knowledge here. So, you are saying i only have to stay up to 1am, not 2am .. Excellent!

duffman13 wrote:
    Fast moving game at the early hours of the morning, do you guys find it difficult to keep up?

First day with 80 players. Hell yes!

I'd respond to someone and I'd be three pages ahead of where I was in the thread. After that it wasn't too bad. The ITAs thin out the herd a lot.

Keiths description of the game is the best tbh

duffman13 wrote: »

In the 80 player 30000 post game, definitely too fast for me on day 1 and day 2 but by day 3 the pace had slowed down a lot, or maybe I was only playing one game by then, so able to keep up better, but I suspect this one should be slower paced as players capped at 44.

Kolido wrote: »

Sorry, I wasn't clear - "I'm clever like that" = "I'm a ****wit and did it backwards"

I took the plunge!

How do you get to last read post on there? I’m on me phone

How do you get to last read post on there? I’m on me phone

There is a little link called Reload just beneath the last post which if you hit loads them for ya :)

Sad news guys.

Won't get into it any further but our daddy has spoken.

:(:(:(:(:(

http://changeofplangames. com/wwforum/showthread.php?tid=1241

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Sad news guys.

Won't get into it any further but our daddy has spoken.

:(:(:(:(:(

http://changeofplangames.com/wwforum/showthread.php?tid=1241

Thanks for the heads up. I'd have missed it otherwise.

Need some help over in MU.

I worked out how to vote and unvote but I don’t see a drop down list of players on mobile.

I’ve also forgot what that other app is called. U know, the popcorn chicken place. And my username there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Need some help over in MU.

I worked out how to vote and unvote but I don’t see a drop down list of players on mobile.

I’ve also forgot what that other app is called. U know, the popcorn chicken place. And my username there.

So its going well then :D

Advertisement