Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

After one of the games where I was shot or choke slammed expectantly and had withdrawal due to the unexpected death I did spend ages looking at the roles thread and wrote up a 30 character Mario game, named all 30 characters and gave the vast majority of them roles and powers.

Anywhere to submit ideas to be stolen / ridiculed ?

we're good ppl!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think I'll send Pter the first one, given the time difference to me I dunno if i'd be a great mod anyway but maybe down the line as part of a team and probably with a topic I know better. Think Mario would fit a game well though with the characters they have hence me messing about with the notion, was also curious tbh if I ever did more

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Think I'll send Pter the first one, given the time difference to me I dunno if i'd be a great mod anyway but maybe down the line as part of a team and probably with a topic I know better. Think Mario would fit a game well though with the characters they have hence me messing about with the notion, was also curious tbh if I ever did more

Do you wanna join our July game crew? We are toying with a theme, but whether we use Mario or not, would be great to have you on board.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pter wrote: »
    Do you wanna join our July game crew? We are toying with a theme, but whether we use Mario or not, would be great to have you on board.

Whats the deal with Mods playing? Let me know the dates anyway. Got some stuff in July but also the misses might be travelling which would be ideal for WW.

Whats the deal with Mods playing? Let me know the dates anyway. Got some stuff in July but also the misses might be travelling which would be ideal for WW.

Ill fire ya over a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

game mods don't play their game, but we have other fun ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Not completely true :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Apart from with shower emojis :(:(

Modding means you get to see everything happen in real time.

The players thoughts, who they wanna kill if they're wolves, who the roled goodies suspect.

It's a decent buzz tbh.

sKeith wrote: »
    Not completely true :D
    Well, mostly true, 'cept for Frank & desmonds fun at the start of Buffy.

we're good ppl!

TB speaks the truth here Bounty Hunter (unlike in our most recent game :))

I expressed interest in modding, and before I knew it I was on a team for the August game with QB and Necro, who are super sound and welcoming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So... next game... any info on its release date? :P

(I probably won't be playing unless it's before week of 30th, but would like DR access please)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

duffman13 wrote: »

Is this the April game or will there be a Full week long April game?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Is this the April game or will there be a Full week long April game?

Was wondering that myself actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Don't think this is the main April game as that was due to be modded by Digital Solitude, Partyjungle & raze_them_all. Think its just a bonus game.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Don't think this is the main April game as that was due to be modded by Digital Solitude, Partyjungle & raze_them_all. Think its just a bonus game.

Correct, the clue was in the post :) Speaking of April game, any craic on sign ups for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

duffman13 wrote: »
    Correct, the clue was in the post :) Speaking of April game, any craic on sign ups for that?

Waiting until after the live game yet anyways, it may be early May for the game

Cool, next Saturday is winning out in the poll currently.

Have you guys got access to COP yet? Can sort now for ye if not.

Edit: And... done.

Kick me whenever you like. Not sure if Pter still has access to or not.

Ill update the game schedule if its going to be May.

Need to add in the live game as well anyways.

• Advertisement

Does this mean we lose our WW XXX?

200.gif

And are we going to have two games in a month to fix the months back or is our game now being pushed to Nov?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Does this mean we lose our WW XXX?

200.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5366678
    And are we going to have two games in a month to fix the months back or is our game now being pushed to Nov?

That would depend on the mods in between now and your game tbf. If the guys are doing early May for their non-live game, maybe MrsF and MJ will do late May, maybe not - id imagine the schedule will sort itself out between now and Oct; but its up to the game mods.

To be honest I had plans on marketing around the 30 mantle so it's kinda sh1tty tbh.

Especially when we don't even know if this live game is going ahead or not.

Just name live games between the monthly games, a b c d e etc, therefore preserving the full digits changes for the big games.

so, necro does his XXX thing, and there is four live games in same month after that game, his main game is XXX, and the four live games are XXXa, XXXb,XXXc and XXXd.

We have 1 precedent that that, but that was for a supplementary game after the Community themed game was abandoned.

Each of the other live games, including the last one ran by Necro, has taken a 'full' game number.

As a poster, i would kind of think you go with whatever the number coming up is. Dont know if we can reserve game numbers for our games; ultimately, i think its up to game mods. If game mods wanted to run a second full game in a month, should they not play the game, or is the game not a full one because there is another full game in the month? I feel sorry if you have put work into a theme to fit the game number, but i dont know if we should be changing how we organise the games so people can reserve game numbers.

We have 1 precedent that that, but that was for a supplementary game after the Community themed game was abandoned.

Each of the other live games, including the last one ran by Necro, has taken a 'full' game number.

As a poster, i would kind of think you go with whatever the number coming up is. Dont know if we can reserve game numbers for our games; ultimately, i think its up to game mods. If game mods wanted to run a second full game in a month, should they not play the game, or is the game not a full one because there is another full game in the month? I feel sorry if you have put work into a theme to fit the game number, but i dont know if we should be changing how we organise the games so people can reserve game numbers.

I don't mind getting pushed forward one number to 33, them i'd create a cool jesus theme, but if we got pushed again, it wouldn't make sense, cause he be dead.

I suggested the workaround months ago in relation to the (a), (b) etc, and I was ignored hence I took a full game number without bringing it up again.

But I had planned for WW 30 tbh so I'm a little annoyed that I was originally ignored as I knew this would come up again.

We give naming priority to those who have queued up for months and planned their games months in advance. Those who squeeze in a game, we enjoy it and all, but don't mess up the queued names, the extra squeezed in games should take the letters. It doesn't make them any less or any more of a game.

• Advertisement

We give naming priority to those who have queued up for months and planned their games months in advance. Those who squeeze in a game, we enjoy it and all, but don't mess up the queued names, they take the letters.

I'd agree with this tbh, live games often have less posts than sign up threads, if people go out of there way to mod a certain game number for theme reasons etc then it's best to reward them for their advanced planning

Advertisement