Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote: »
    I suggested the workaround months ago in relation to the (a), (b) etc, and I was ignored hence I took a full game number without bringing it up again.

But I had planned for WW 30 tbh so I'm a little annoyed that I was originally ignored as I knew this would come up again.

So you ignored your own advice as well then? Look i dont have a horse in this race i didnt plan around the game number for July so i dont mind. All im saying is i think its up to the game mods, and that no-one can be guarenteed a game number......why should they? Im not saying this confrontationally btw...just stating my opinion as an occasional game mod and poster.
    sKeith wrote: »
    We give naming priority to those who have queued up for months and planned their games months in advance. Those who squeeze in a game, we enjoy it and all, but don't mess up the queued names, they take the letters.

Im unclear if this is a statement on how we do things or how we should do things (i.e. a plan going forward).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Feel like we should have waited until WW LXXXVIII for the bttf game!

Numbers dont need to go in order give Necro 30 and get back on track later or never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pter wrote: »

Im unclear if this is a statement on how we do things or how we should do things (i.e. a plan going forward).

As with most of my ideas, they are possible suggestions. I won't dictate what should or shouldn't be done. Only offer suggestion of what we could do.

Numbers dont need to go in order give Necro 30 and get back on track later or never

This is true. If the July game is due to be XXX, you can have it as far as i mind. Ill ask the others but dont see why there would be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So you ignored your own advice as well then? Look i dont have a horse in this race i didnt plan around the game number for July so i dont mind. All im saying is i think its up to the game mods, and that no-one can be guarenteed a game number......why should they? Im not saying this confrontationally btw...just stating my opinion as an occasional game mod and poster.

Of course I ignored my own advice given everyone else did when I brought it up previously! If it's up to the game mods, then I want the number 30. Simples. Already put my name down under it and brought in co-mods so I bagsie 30. In August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Ah Mick, numbers obviously have to go in order what do they do if they don't go in order!

I've no objection to the live games being letters and big games being numbers, it makes no odds to me either way I rarely notice what number game we're playing, I save my noticing stuff for the wolves

As with most of my ideas, they are possible suggestions. I won't dictate what should or shouldn't be done. Only offer suggestion of what we could do.

Well no-one has done this or suggested you were doing so, but thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    This is true. If the July game is due to be XXX, you can have it as far as i mind. Ill ask the others but dont see why there would be an issue.

Does this mean we're August now?

We do have precedent for 2 big games in one month, don't remember when, but it happened defo

Does this mean we're August now?

We do have precedent for 2 big games in one month, don't remember when, but it happened defo

AFAIConcerned we are still July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AFAIConcerned we are still July.

Unless my June game creeps in...................its madness I tells ya!

Well no-one has done this or suggested you were doing so, but thanks for the clarification.

Sure.

Of course I ignored my own advice given everyone else did when I brought it up previously! If it's up to the game mods, then I want the number 30. Simples. Already put my name down under it and brought in co-mods so I bagsie 30. In August.

I dont know that everyone else did, but who were you waiting for the go ahead from? Its everyone's list, you can change it if you want to?
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Unless my June game creeps in...................its madness I tells ya!

Are you going early or late June do you think?

Sure.

A plan going forward. A plan. Not THE plan. A plan.

I dont know that everyone else did, but who were you waiting for the go ahead from? Its everyone's list, you can change it if you want to?

Are you going early or late June do you think?

Ah we shall see how we are fixed when the scheduled May game begins and ends. Im flexible

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Given from after this post there was a negative reaction to my suggestion, I felt I shouldn't bring it up again. But now it's directly affecting my plans that I put in place a while back I felt it pertinent to bring it up again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104948070&postcount=442

Given from after this post there was a negative reaction to my suggestion, I felt I shouldn't bring it up again. But now it's directly affecting my plans that I put in place a while back I felt it pertinent to bring it up again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104948070&postcount=442

Good suggestion a couple of posts on from that imo....linky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

How about a poll? I loves a good poll!

Good suggestion a couple of posts on from that imo....linky

Can't do July for modding. If I could I would have put myself down for it. I picked August because:
    A: I'm free
    B: It was 30

duffman: I'm not in favour of a poll, just your post made me burst out laughing here in open plan office. So, thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Can't do July for modding. If I could I would have put myself down for it. I picked August because:
    A: I'm free
    B: It was 30

Ill go back to my original suggestion. Talk to the game mods between now and then. I dont see anyone objecting, but make sure and there is no issue.

duffman: I'm not in favour of a poll, just your post made me burst out laughing here in open plan office. So, thanks for that.

Can we have a poll to see if Duffman gets his poll? I vote yes obviously

Ill go back to my original suggestion. Talk to the game mods between now and then. I dont see anyone objecting, but make sure and there is no issue.

I'm not sure why I'm being viewed as the bad guy here and being shot down when I'm giving up my time to mod a game.

Look, it's quite simple.

I signed up to mod 30, in August.

If those parameters now change, then I simply won't mod.

I'm not sure why I'm being viewed as the bad guy here and being shot down when I'm giving up my time to mod a game.

Look, it's quite simple.

I signed up to mod 30, in August.

If those parameters now change, then I simply won't mod.

I dont know that I or anyone else is accusing you of being the bad guy.

The procedure up to now, from what i can see, is to change the upcoming game numbers to reflect games being added/delayed. If you are proposing a change to that, which you are, just ask the game mods between now and then if you can have 30 in August? I dont see what the issue is?

I dont see what the issue is?
    I'll summerize.

Necro wants game 30 and august.

aprils game is now may.
    extra game inserted which makes necros game 31
    This could continue to happen as we add more and more live or extra games.
    Mick make good suggestion about having 31 and 32 come before 30, but it caused upset with peoples OCD.
    I sugested naming interim games a b c, so keeping scheduled games names the same. but this would somehow diminish these interim games as they dont have a full number.

The poll has been seconded.

I'll summerize.

aprils game is now may.
    Mick make good suggestion about having 31 and 32 come before 30, but it caused upset with peoples OCD.
    I sugested naming interim games a b c, so keeping scheduled games names the same. but this would somehow diminish these interim games as they dont have a full number.

Yeah but i dont see what the issue is with checking if you can keep the number and month you want with the mods ahead of you in the queue? It was suggested PMing future mods to make sure there are no theme clashes, why not do the same for game number if its important and game month (which obvs is important). The game mods in between now and then will either say yes or identify if there is an issue, and both sets of mods can sort it out between them?

I'll summerize.

aprils game is now may.

Surely this is the most obvious solution. A lot of Whoo Haaa about nuffin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Surely this is the most obvious solution. A lot of Whoo Haaa about nuffin

Im offering my opinion on this based on what we have and havent done to date. The above probably is the best solution, but as SK pointed out, thats not for me or anyone to dictate.

If we get consensus on the above system and sorting it so that not only can Necro have game 30 in Aug, but also that this doesnt come up again, then happy days and lets do that.

I apologise if I came off condescending previously. I'm just annoyed because I had put a bit of detail and planning into the whole '30' moniker but it's kinda spoiled it for me now so it doesn't really matter.

I do agree with sKeith's suggestion so this kind of conflict doesn't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think the letter system would work better as it will also make game easy to identify as to whether they are short games or the full week games.

Advertisement