Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sullivlo wrote: »
    Not cool :( resurrection of zombie threads is very frowned upon :(

But zombies are kind of like werewolves, so it should be ok :pac:

Seems like it went under the radar anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Not cool :( resurrection of zombie threads is very frowned upon :(

Turn that frown upside down :)

I don't understand why its frowned upon so much. The boards search engine is designed to find old threads first and we are encouraged to search before opening a topic, and if we find the topic, as we were encouraged to do, why not post in it.

Its designed to annoy somebody, somewhere, somehow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

sKeith wrote: »
    Turn that frown upside down :)

I don't understand why its frowned upon so much. The boards search engine is designed to find old threads first and we are encouraged to search before opening a topic, and if we find the topic, as we were encouraged to do, why not post in it.

Its designed to annoy somebody, somewhere, somehow. :)

Because it results in reported posts. It also results in people responding to questions that were asked years ago, or trying to engage a discussion with posters who have since closed their accounts.

We are also not meant to use AH as a recruitment area for WW - and dragging up the thread with the sole purpose to get sign ups goes exactly against that. If it was a genuine discussion about what WW is (like the thread a few weeks ago) that’s different. But it comes across as spam-my.

Posting the sign up thread in multiple threads is also frowned upon. I understand the rationale, but we have the “new WW game” notification for a reason. Resurrection of old threads for simply advertising a game is not cool.

I think a few games back the exact same post was in 7 threads, all of which I had subscribed to. 7 notifications! Of the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I think a few games back the exact same post was in 7 threads, all of which I had subscribed to. 7 notifications! Of the exact same thing.

I get so excited..."ooooh 7 new things!!".... "grrrr" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sorry about that :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sullivlo wrote:

Tbf at the time I don't think the thread was active... could be wrong. But yeah it's overkill now we have the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Notification thread has been going since Buffy, so would have incorporated 6 of the last games iirc.

Notification thread probably should (or maybe was) spammed when it was created one spam to end them all

Came up in the other thread and thought I'd ask people here.

What would be your role if a game was themed on the Boards Community?

I'll go first.

I think a Charlatan role would suit my playstyle perfectly.

Accuse anyone that moves.

Acts first, intends to apologise later, never does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Necrominus wrote: »
    Came up in the other thread and thought I'd ask people here.

What would be your role if a game was themed on the Boards Community?

I'll go first.

I think a Charlatan role would suit my playstyle perfectly.

Accuse anyone that moves.

Acts first, intends to apologise later, never does.

who was henry in BTTF? that is a charlatan!! make up anything you want and front it out

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

who was henry in BTTF? that is a charlatan!! make up anything you want and front it out

BJ.

Beaker was Henry in BTTF. Hmmm... I was going off the role as per the WW roles threads.

Fraudster better describes Beaker's playstyle :P (Not RL... I think :pac:)

Edit: May have just made that role up

I'd probably be the Statistician or something - anything that involves tables and spreadsheets.

I have that MO. Remember The Mickeyslayer too. All bullplop

I will lie to survive!

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd probably be the Statistician or something - anything that involves tables and spreadsheets.

The vote tally collecter - The person who gets the lynch votes if not maybe public.

quickbeam wrote: »

As per the roles thread, perfect one for ya QB:

Tally Counter - Can see all lynch votes in advance on the day the Tally Captain/counterfeiter use their power. Cannot affect lynch result.

I've been bg more than any other role and that suits me fine. I've been accused of being a white knight previously and its hard to refute it.

That being said I'm a **** bg

Does sKeith automatically get labelled as the Serial Killer because of his initials.... :pac:

Mick - The Role Claimer. - If he does not claim at least 6 roles a day he dies :D

Ok, someone tell me to stop.

• Advertisement

Vale for some kind of vig sk hybrid.

Good mayor too tbf

Were Vale still with us of course

Necrominus wrote: »
    Mick - The Role Claimer. - If he does not claim at least 6 roles a day he dies :D

Ok, someone tell me to stop.

That's more an Andy thing, I'd have thought.

Flush is 100 percent someone good who appears bad on seer checks. Always wolfy when good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I don't know how to make a 'cantankerous git' role :)

sKeith wrote: »
    I don't know how to make a 'cantankerous git' role :)

The Grumbler: Must blame the mods at least three times a day that the game is fixed against their side. Can be wolf or village role.

(Ok, stop making me do this please... I'm addicted enough)

Also, just messing sKeith - but thought I tried to put 'Cantankerous Git' into a role :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Was going to say I was the wolf, as everyone thinks I am one lol.

Funny though... when playing anon, folk didn't guess who I was. So just goes to show, people do read into usernames!

Was going to say I was the wolf, as everyone thinks I am one lol.

Funny though... when playing anon, folk didn't guess who I was. So just goes to show, people do read into usernames!

What folk ;) I do a side list for myself for sh1ts and giggles to see if I'm right each anon game.

I don't use it for the game, I just do it to see if I can guess correctly and reward myself with praise and beer for each correct guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So Necro what role would you put me as?

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote:
    So Necro what role would you put me as?

Such a wolf thing to ask

Advertisement