Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So I've been considering putting together a more up to date guide and posting it in the WW Forum in relation to the various stages of planning and modding a game.

Fellow users and previous game mods would be able to chip in as well then once it's created.

Does that seem like a good idea?

I know we have threads on how to use the backroom, and how the game runs but I can't seem to find a steadfast guide for new mods to follow if they want even some small bits and pieces of guidance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necro wrote: »
    So I've been considering putting together a more up to date guide and posting it in the WW Forum in relation to the various stages of planning and modding a game.

Fellow users and previous game mods would be able to chip in as well then once it's created.

Does that seem like a good idea?

I know we have threads on how to use the backroom, and how the game runs but I can't seem to find a steadfast guide for new mods to follow if they want even some small bits and pieces of guidance.

>Does that seem like a good idea?

Definitely.

The sharing of knowledge is always better than the alternative.
    Even if every word isn't to somebody else's taste, then at the very least there will be a smidgen that will benefit someone.

Its really great that our #1 ww game mod ( number of games modded : tie broken by ww games won ) is willing to put into words their experiences, so that others may benefit.

I'm actually about half way through on this and it's going to be a monster so I'll likely break it up into a series of posts rather than smash all the info out in the OP. Too much text in one post would likely make people's eyes glaze over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm actually about half way through on this and it's going to be a monster so I'll likely break it up into a series of posts rather than smash all the info out in the OP. Too much text in one post would likely make people's eyes glaze over :pac:

Do it in the style of Microsoft Clippy, but as Neccy The Countdown Clock

"It looks like you're trying a game role claim..."

And....

Here it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

That’s pretty cool thanks for taking the time to write it out, there’s no drafting rules was that just an experiment?

That’s pretty cool thanks for taking the time to write it out, there’s no drafting rules was that just an experiment?

Wasn't my concept so I wouldn't be able to explain it correctly really. I think the rules are on COP in the modroom though

Wasn't my concept so I wouldn't be able to explain it correctly really. I think the rules are on COP in the modroom though

Which part of the game was your concept?

Which part of the game was your concept?

Of the Christmas game? I wasn't involved in that, I just played it.

If you mean werewolf in general, that would be taking the basic game and applying my own finesse and mechanics to the core model, outlined here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

Of the Christmas game? I wasn't involved in that, I just played it.

If you mean werewolf in general, that would be taking the basic game and applying my own finesse and mechanics to the core model, outlined here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

So you mean because you haven’t tried the draft method that you can’t give an experienced opinion on a good way to do it. That makes sense maybe the mods who did it can add their experiance to the thread.

• Advertisement

So you mean because you haven’t tried the draft method that you can’t give an experienced opinion on a good way to do it. That makes sense maybe the mods who did it can add their experiance to the thread.

Yeah, I guess. Fwiw I wouldn't be a fan of it. I think Molly gave the best type of option for not using the normal randomisation process above, but tbh I've not looked into the draft method really.

Yeah, I guess. Fwiw I wouldn't be a fan of it. I think Molly gave the best type of option for not using the normal randomisation process above, but tbh I've not looked into the draft method really.

The idea that some players might be better suited to a role or less likley to drop out? As an outsider I found that highly insulting but I understand the rationale. As stated at the time I would appreciate being informed of a draft game format in advance as I would not participate.

Just making a post in here to raise awareness that boards.ie's werewolf community are sending a representaive werewolf/mafia player off to participate in Season 6 of the Mafia Championship over on mafia universe.
    The nominations to select said representive has been open since the 29th of March and that nominations period will be closing in a couple of days.
    You can find the thread for those nominations over here.

The current state of the nominations is at the end of that thread.

It even got a mention in the april edition of boards news.

Next week I'll be creating polls to select from those nominations.

I am hoping this new awareness post will get a few more nominations to present themselves before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Just been reading back on this thread and wanted to add my 2c on the draft. I've no issue with it as an occasional mechanic. I'm pretty sure I would be the last person selected for a role and yet I was (then got subbed out coz I'd forgotten to show up on time).

The biggest issue people seem to have with it is that they might not 'get a role' and that it can potentially be seen as preferential treatment and I get that concern but if it is only every now and then, I don't see the issue.

What I really wanted to make a point about though is that NRVs are important!!! They are a role in themselves. They are often among the last people standing and can decide games. I actually love playing as NRV. So this idea of being 'Just an NRV' should be knocked on the head.

NRVs are fake people too y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I genuinely hate being RV. Wolf or NRV 5lyfe

We are going to have a 5 week break between the current game and the May game.

I think i can run a vanilla game in early May if people would be interested.

If you are, maybe like this post? Ill make a call on it after the weekend.

interested.

sKeith wrote: »
    interested.

Doesnt count. You didnt like the post.

stop being a thanks whore ;)

sKeith wrote: »
    stop being a thanks whore ;)

While that may be true, i outlined the parameters of expressing interest quite clearly so..... :D:D

• Advertisement

Ehh, it wasn't entirely clear, you said maybe like the post, and if maybe something, then maybe post a reply saying you're interested is also acceptable. ;)

Yeah but then i clarified and said it didnt count because no like.

Did you notice cop improvement this game?

Yeah was much better. Did you change something?

Pter wrote: »
    Yeah was much better. Did you change something?
    Yes.

I done 3 things. Each would have improved it a little, but all three seemed to have worked a charm, but the 3rd tweak needs to be redone every so often, so if it gets slow again, I can have a look again, but that'll probably take over a year to happen.

sKeith wrote:
    I done 3 things. Each would have improved it a little, but all three seemed to have worked a charm, but the 3rd tweak needs to be redone every so often, so if it gets slow again, I can have a look again, but that'll probably take over a year to happen.

Will you share with us what you did?

Ummm no we aren't folks.

Mine and sullys game is starting the bank holiday weekend

We can have a quick and long game running at the same time.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's no problem, just that there isn't a five week break, it's about two weeks :)

Advertisement