Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pter wrote: »
    Will you share with us what you did?

If required.

Have you set up many mybb forums? Have you read the manuals? https://docs.mybb.com/
    I don't wan't someone who has not read the manuals following what I say here and completely jocking it up, I'd very much rather most folk who haven't read the mybb manual to stay clear of the settings i tweaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    I don't wan't someone who has not read the manuals following what I say here and completely jocking it up, I'd very much rather most folk who haven't read the mybb manual to stay clear of the settings i tweaked.

I know my way around but if you don't want me poking around there then I will defer to your judgement.

I know my way around but if you don't want me poking around there then I will defer to your judgement.

PMed you. don't break anything.

We are going to have a 5 week break between the current game and the May game.

I think i can run a vanilla game in early May if people would be interested.

If you are, maybe like this post? Ill make a call on it after the weekend.

Ill leave the proposed game for now. Another time perhaps!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So during my very busy work hours ( :o ) I decided to peruse the game threads to see which games had the highest volume of posters.

And behold - the top 13 (because top 10s are so 1990s)

Highest Posting WW Games:

1. The Walking Dead – 5,719 posts

2. Marvel VS DC - 5,412 posts

3. Back to the Future – 5,120 posts

4. Star Trek – 5,096 posts

5. Stephen King Multiverse – 4,936 posts *

6. Simpons Mafia – 4,826 posts

7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer – 4,181 posts

8. Father Ted Werewolf – 3,865 posts

9. Overwatch – 3,848 posts

10. Jurassic Park Werewolf – 3,506 posts **

11. Eastenders Werewolf – 3,427 posts

12. Disney Classics Showdown – 3,373 posts

13. WWE Monday Night Wars – 3,219 posts

*Stephen King Multiverse played over 10 days

**: Jurassic Park Werewolf – 3,506 posts across 3 threads which places it in 10th position of all time posting levels
    Overall in the last 18 months the volume of posting in games has decreased, however the outliers show that is not always the case, with 5 in the top 10.
    Only 4 games have ever passed the 5k threshold, and only one of those games took place in the past 18 months. Stephen King came close, but no cigar for them.
    Three of the top 5 highest volume games all came within a 4 month period of 2017 - peak Werewolf as some may refer to it as.
    The highest posting game of all time is also the last game that the grandfather of Werewolf, Jayop ever modded :(

The above notes do not include backroom posts, however during my busy (:o ) days I may in fact decide to update the list to include backrooms and see how that alters the list. My suspicion is not very much, although Simpsons Mafia and Marvel may benefit as both have astronomical post rates on COP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And of course I had to go and check on the backrooms, which alters things a little...

Combined Game Thread and Backroom Posts Top 10:

1. Marvel VS DC - 10,875 posts
    2. The Walking Dead - 10,601 posts
    3. Simpsons Mafia - 9,264 posts
    4. Stephen King Multiverse - 8,051 posts
    5. Back to the Future - 7,740 posts
    6. Star Trek - 7,456 posts
    7. Disney Classics Showdown - 6,778 posts
    8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 6,561 posts
    9. EastEnders Werewolf - 5,984 posts
    10. Jurassic Park Werewolf - 5,355 posts
    And the other three:
    Fr. Ted Werewolf - 5,339 posts
    WWE Werewolf - 5,178 posts
    Overwatch WW - 4,814 posts

Interestingly the only game played entirely on COP comes in just below OW:
    Bad Moon Rising - 4,792 posts

The top three in that second list would feature in my top 5 all time fav games.

The top three in that second list would feature in my top 5 all time fav games.

Ah top 5 games, that would be tough for me tbh.

I'd have to have a think about it. When you consider favorite games do you include ones you've modded or just ones you've played in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Top 5:
    Eastenders
    BTTF
    Fr. Ted
    Simpsons
    Celebrity

Ok so Top 5 not including those I modded:

1. Bad Moon Rising - first is always the best, hooked me for life.
    2. Werewolf the Game Show - loved it, loved playing the countdown clock :)
    3. Deadwood - possibly as it's recent in my memory.
    4. Star Trek - high posting NRV on the losing side, many, many rows.... I bloody loved it.
    5. Sherlock - Can't forget the wolf sweep. :)

Of those I modded included:
    1. Lord of the Rings
    2. The Walking Dead
    3. Stephen King
    4. Bad Moon Rising
    5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    4. Star Trek - high posting NRV on the losing side, many, many rows.... I bloody loved it.

Was reading the last few pages of that game there recently because Ecto (I think) mentioned something about it on the current game thread. I was on the winning wolf team, my first win as a wolf. But (big meanie that I am) when the game was over I was calling you our honoury wolf. But I can't remember why? What was that all about? What did you do for us?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Was reading the last few pages of that game there recently because Ecto (I think) mentioned something about it on the current game thread. I was on the winning wolf team, my first win as a wolf. But (big meanie that I am) when the game was over I was calling you our honoury wolf. But I can't remember why? What was that all about? What did you do for us?

Something to do with me looking in the wrong direction all the time. However, on a read back - I was actually not as bad as I thought, my first FFA had two wolves on it :P

The misdirection by that wolf team was excellent though, the play is very under-rated imo.

Must have a read back of it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The current game is well on track to make the coveted top 13

Sorry, You can't talk about a current ongoing game outside of thread or deadrooms.

74-2.jpg?1521734349

Just a reminder folks that sKeith's game in the World Championships starts tomorrow, 10am. Gimme a PM if you want a discord hook up to discuss it as we can't discuss it openly during the game.

Best of luck sKeith, I'm certain you'll do us proud :) And...

giphy.gif

We are having a few deadly little games of mini werewolf on the sKeith fan club discord server if anyone wants to join us!

Seriously! Pter's stats need putting in check. Come over. It's great craic. PM for link if you don't already have it.

I now want Malteasers.

• Advertisement

Glad you folks can send on links as I'm not available to play this evening :(

Damn stupid night shifts.

Is there a discord invite?
    Work nite out

Not an alco

Promise

I'll sort you out tomorrow AM G&R if someone hasn't PMed you an invite before that :)

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

quickbeam wrote: »
    PM sent.

I too would like an invite if you’ll be playing at all again before the big game please :)

TheSkunk wrote:
    I too would like an invite if you’ll be playing at all again before the big game please

Done :)

See you there!

So this needs an update....
    Highest Posting WW Games:

1. The Walking Dead – 5,719 posts

2. Marvel VS DC - 5,412 posts

3. Back to the Future – 5,120 posts

4. Star Trek – 5,096 posts

5. Stephen King Multiverse – 4,936 posts *

6. Simpons Mafia – 4,826 posts

7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer – 4,181 posts

8. Silence of The Wolves - 4,016 posts***

9. Father Ted Werewolf – 3,865 posts

10. Overwatch – 3,848 posts

11. Jurassic Park Werewolf – 3,506 posts **

12. Eastenders Werewolf – 3,427 posts

13. Disney Classics Showdown – 3,373 posts

*Stephen King Multiverse played over 10 days

**: Jurassic Park Werewolf – 3,506 posts across 3 threads which places it in 10th position of all time posting levels

*** Silence of The Wolves - played over 3 weeks in 36/12 style phases.

Dropping WWE Werewolf out of the Top 13 highest posting games on boards.

And as for this.....

Combined Game Thread and Backroom Posts Top 10:

1. Marvel VS DC - 10,875 posts
    2. The Walking Dead - 10,601 posts
    3. Simpsons Mafia - 9,264 posts
    4. Stephen King Multiverse - 8,051 posts
    5. Back to the Future - 7,740 posts
    6. Star Trek - 7,456 posts
    7. Disney Classics Showdown - 6,778 posts
    8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 6,561 posts
    9. EastEnders Werewolf - 5,984 posts
    10. Jurassic Park Werewolf - 5,355 posts
    And some others:
    Fr. Ted Werewolf - 5,339 posts
    WWE Werewolf - 5,178 posts
    Silence of the Wolves - 5,003 posts
    Overwatch WW - 4,814 posts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Personally I would consider high amounts of posts a bad thing. I know it is the main reason I don't get involved in too many games. I was in the Fr Ted game and that had way too many posts for me to keep up. I can only imagine what a nightmare the 'number 1' game must have been.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Personally I would consider high amounts of posts a bad thing. I know it is the main reason I don't get involved in too many games. I was in the Fr Ted game and that had way too many posts for me to keep up. I can only imagine what a nightmare the 'number 1' game must have been.

Agree. I think we ran away with ourselves for a while last year looking for the next bigger better game. It has calmed down since.

Posts per day rather than overall posts also matter which means Stephen King and Silence of the Wolves weren’t (quite) as crazy as the hard numbers would indicate.

• Advertisement

June mods, any dates nailed down for the next game?

Debating running another longer version if there was interest. Few more roles this time though :)

Advertisement