Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    No spankings? Dammit that's it I'm setting up my own forum!

Spankings are QBs gig.

Baggly wrote: »
    100% agree

I disagree those bots are human not yet at least
    Necro wrote: »
    Wasnt me this time... Baggly never lets me live down the time I advertised on MU for players and we had loads of randomers 'viewing' the forum.... :o
    I don't actually mind at all :)

I wonder how high we could get it.....

I never checked but MsFD sex or no sex (or somthing like that thread must have gotten us high enough)

I'll look into the cost of getting the rock to hit us with a post from his twitter, maybe boards will pay :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I never checked but MsFD sex or no sex (or somthing like that thread must have gotten us high enough)

If you ever want eyes on the forum just bump that thread :pac:

Or don't, old threads being bumped is frowned upon :D

While you are at it see if Justin Bieber will play a game.

That's still a thing with the kids isn't it.... Justin Bieber like?

Necro wrote:
    Or don't, old threads being bumped is frowned upon

In Ah yeah. Bump away if you think it will help the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Probably needs updating with the newbs anyway.

Speaking of which, I wonder if my string of wolf roles is down to MrsF not playing any more?? It's all coming together now. I've taken over!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    we are all human beings here, lets learn from our mistakes.
    100% agree

This is me wondering if you actually got the ref to the game that was broken by people discussing the content of PMs.....

community game nrvs were human beings.

I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Forum games is hopping to be fair. Even when I joined there was WW and codenames but now you have all the In/Outs, Peehs, Sheep.

I do be buzzing when a new post goes up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Forum games is hopping to be fair. Even when I joined there was WW and codenames but now you have all the In/Outs, Peehs, Sheep.

I do be buzzing when a new post goes up :D

I'm still firmly committed to ww. The fact that in/out is too difficult for me and sheep makes my brain hurt has nothing to do with it though. Honest

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »

Finally, with all the interest currently in modding and playing, could we have a case for running bi monthly themed games. Might dilute the rosters but could give players a chance to get their favourite themes out there. Of course we have the slow burners running which are an excellent addition. Thoughts?

Sorry Kolido, I wanted to respond to this as well. The current schedule is cool, but it gives a kind of... closed shop impression with it being so long imo.

Now there's nothing specifically wrong with it but I'm of the impression that if you want to run a game, and there's a gap to the next one, throw up a sign up thread and see how many you get. No reason that WW can't run in similar fashion to say Peehs or Sheep where there might be two or three sign up threads on the forum at once.

As long as the theme isn't booked on the main schedule then I say plough on ahead, no reason why we couldn't have one or two games running concurrently even. It's more down to mod availability than anything, so a quick chat with the game mods for the next long game and it should work out the kinks.... in theory anyways?

tusk wrote: »
    I'm still firmly committed to ww. The fact that in/out is too difficult for me and sheep makes my brain hurt has nothing to do with it though. Honest

I consider myself a vital component of sheep and peehs. I make everyone else look good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Sorry Kolido, I wanted to respond to this as well. The current schedule is cool, but it gives a kind of... closed shop impression with it being so long imo.

Now there's nothing specifically wrong with it but I'm of the impression that if you want to run a game, and there's a gap to the next one, throw up a sign up thread and see how many you get. No reason that WW can't run in similar fashion to say Peehs or Sheep where there might be two or three sign up threads on the forum at once.

As long as the theme isn't booked on the main schedule then I say plough on ahead, no reason why we couldn't have one or two games running concurrently even. It's more down to mod availability than anything, so a quick chat with the game mods for the next long game and it should work out the kinks.... in theory anyways?

Yeah I didnt think my idea through very well. Scheduling a game every two weeks would leave no flexabilty for start dates. But throwing a game in every now and then where there is a confirmed 4 week gap is a great idea.

Kolido wrote: »
    Yeah I didnt think my idea through very well. Scheduling a game every two weeks would leave no flexabilty for start dates. But throwing a game in every now and then where there is a confirmed 4 week gap is a great idea.

Yeah, that's the thing - if we can add to the schedule rather than detract from it then it's win win imo. Gives the regular schedule mods time to plan and plot their masterpieces while there's still a fix for the WW junkies in the audience :D

Yeah, that's the thing - if we can add to the schedule rather than detract from it then it's win win imo. Gives the regular schedule mods time to plan and plot their masterpieces while there's still a fix for the WW junkies in the audience :D

I'm already worrying that I'm missing out hahahaha. The addiction is a problem

quickbeam wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I wonder if my string of wolf roles is down to MrsF not playing any more?? It's all coming together now. I've taken over!!! :D

not sure what it is down to but you are now the wolfiest of wolf/sk. Just a little over 40% of the times with a good sample size

Although necro nears 43% of bad roles from his games

Kolido is bang on the 40%

But Andy125 comes in with a whopping 46% of people Ive checked over 10 games

not sure what it is down to but you are now the wolfiest of wolf/sk. Just a little over 40% of the times with a good sample size

But Andy1 comes in with a whopping 46% of people Ive checked over 10 games

I'm most happy with my win-rate as a wolf :D

I'm most happy with my win-rate as a wolf :D

that is quite impressive now ive looked

Edit actually itd be higher if the community game didnt count towards a loss

Trit's village stats are really impressive, over 50% from 34 games.

• Advertisement

Trit's village stats are really impressive, over 50% from 34 games.

It deffo is, all sample sizes are small (obviously the smaller the more open to variance where 1 or 2 wins losses can change the percentage massively) but he is getting up there nearing a good sample size so the record is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

About running more than one game at a time.

It can be hard enough trying to keep all available variables in your head at once for a complex game. Trying to keep two going at the same time sounds like a situation where neither would get the full attention they need/require.

fixxxer wrote:
    It can be hard enough trying to keep all available variables in your head at once for a complex game. Trying to keep two going at the same time sounds like a situation where neither would get the full attention they need/require.

Fair point, what I'd be suggesting in that scenario is that players sign up to the one they'd prefer, multitabling is very difficult.

It likely won't happen anyways, I think Kolidos suggestion of slotting in where theres 3/4 weeks of a gap makes the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Fair point, what I'd be suggesting in that scenario is that players sign up to the one they'd prefer, multitabling is very difficult.

It likely won't happen anyways, I think Kolidos suggestion of slotting in where theres 3/4 weeks of a gap makes the most sense.

Don't make me choose papa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'd agree with it likely not happening unless we see a large increase in players on the forum but there is definitely merit to slotting in games where there is a gap. We've had a couple of times where it's been 5 weeks or more to a game.

But Andy125 comes in with a whopping 46% of people Ive checked over 10 games

Yeah but look at my stats for just this year?

BTW, I’m counting Lordy & Co’s Hunger Games win as a wolf win for me too :P

Lordy is eternal wolf in my mind, and that was even before this latest game went down. I remember as far back as last August when modding the Stephen King game and thinking 'Oh surprise surprise, Lordy randed wolf!'

Necro and QB have joined Lordy in the last 9 months or so. They blitzed us villagers during Sherlock, and have gone to successfully complete more modules at Wolf College since then.

quickbeam wrote: »

BTW, I’m counting Lordy & Co’s Hunger Games win as a wolf win for me too :P

7DA0B3AB-3F7E-4AD9-B28F-A29C67883646.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Has anyone ever done a boards.ie version of WW? The villagers could be the ones asking questions, few roles that equate to mods. Wolves could be the ever present pack of people who reply to almost everything with a story about themselves or finding a way to put the op down.

NRV could be the occasional poster who try to help but get lost amongst the wolves.

Backrooms could be different topic areas with a skill equated to the mod from that area. Like video games are mod get an extra life and the after hours mod can, I don’t know, be able to force someone to answer a question honestly that isn’t are you a wolf.

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever done a boards.ie version of WW? The villagers could be the ones asking questions, few roles that equate to mods. Wolves could be the ever present pack of people who reply to almost everything with a story about themselves or finding a way to put the op down.

NRV could be the occasional poster who try to help but get lost amongst the wolves.

Backrooms could be different topic areas with a skill equated to the mod from that area. Like video games are mod get an extra life and the after hours mod can, I don’t know, be able to force someone to answer a question honestly that isn’t are you a wolf.

Some cool ideas there dandy! Could be super fun.

Advertisement