Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lala land

Options
  • 12-09-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I went online for a car insurance quote last week. By way of background...I am 45yrs old, full licence for 26yrs, no penalty points, claim free, I drive 5k km per year, car is a '05 1.6 VW Golf with 84k km. Car is kept in a secure private car park and I live in an area that woukd be considered very safe. I was quoted €1120 fully comp !!!! Can you please explain to me why the quote is so high. That quote would imply that I would be considered a high risk yet my details confirm the opposite. Can you please justify the quote.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

The Orb wrote: »
    I went online for a car insurance quote last week. By way of background...I am 45yrs old, full licence for 26yrs, no penalty points, claim free, I drive 5k km per year, car is a '05 1.6 VW Golf with 84k km. Car is kept in a secure private car park and I live in an area that woukd be considered very safe. I was quoted €1120 fully comp !!!!  Can you please explain to me why the quote is so high. That quote would imply that I would be considered a high risk yet my details confirm the opposite. Can you please justify the quote.
    Hi The Orb
    We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the price we have offered you. Our premiums are based on a number of factors including but not limited to driver details, address and vehicle details. If you want to PM me with your quote reference we will check that we have offered you our best price.
    Regards

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Hi The Orb
    We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the price we have offered you. Our premiums are based on a number of factors including but not limited to driver details, address and vehicle details. If you want to PM me with your quote reference we will check that we have offered you our best price.
    Regards7

Seán

Hi Seán, I wasn't actually disappointed with the quote, I was highly amused as the price is quute frankly absurd. The quote is double my current renewal quote. Can you list by reply the factors on which your premiums are based and how that amounted to €1120 in my case. I'm sure Liberty has nothing to hide. I've pm'd my quote reference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

The Orb wrote: »
    Hi The Orb
    Regards7

Seán

Hi Seán, I wasn't actually disappointed with the quote, I was highly amused as the price is quute frankly absurd. The quote is double my current renewal quote. Can you list by reply the factors on which your premiums are based and how that amounted to €1120 in my case. I'm sure Liberty has nothing to hide. I've pm'd my quote reference.
    Obviously Liberty HAVE GOT SOMETHING to hide .  Otherwise they would be upfront and give the requested information.

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I've always found Liberty to be more than double the other highest quote I've gotten. To the point I now don't even bother looking for a quote from them.

"Insurance as it should be, for Ireland"!

At least they're honest about their rip-off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Good going The Orb.

Its like they throw darts at a dart board, with the prices set randomly about it.

I'm 41, driving 20 plus years, went from driving a Subaru Impreza last year to a Toyota Yaris, insurance went up!

WDF, its a scam!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

we will check that we have offered you our best price.
    Why would you not offer the customer the best price (and to use the excuse that the quoted policy has wonderful add-ons would be insulting)?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Riva10 wrote: »
    Obviously Liberty HAVE GOT SOMETHING to hide .  Otherwise they would be upfront and give the requested information.

I was pm'd with a similarly vague response. Was all quite amusing really. I don't blame the staff or their reps here, they are just doing their jobs but I wanted to make people aware of Liberty's "pin the tail on the donkey" approach to premiums. I got a renewal for €620 less than Liberty's quote, no nonsense about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

I have no problem with "pin the tail on the donkey" so long as the donkey is not me.
    Also as far as a response to this thread, their 100% response rate and 4 hours seems to have evaporated

Advertisement