Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extensions in Ongar

Options
  • 12-09-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that there doesn't appear to be any double height extensions in Ongar. Have there been rejected applications? I'd love to do it when the funds allow (hopefully in 2 or 3 years).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I wonder is it down to quite restricted back yard or side yard space that may not lend itself to suitable double height extensions for a lot of the properties? Especially the terraced high density housing around Delhurst/Hayworth/Stralem where significant overshadowing might be an issue. Obviously not an option for duplexes (of which there are many) either.

However, the more traditional type two storey housing in Willans or Lilys would be more accommodating I think. Maybe check the planning section on the Fingal website for Ongar to see if there are any precedents or indeed refusals.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

ongarboy wrote: »
    Maybe check the planning section on the Fingal website for Ongar to see if there are any precedents or indeed refusals.

Hopefully this will help.

http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/apply-or-search-for-a-planning-application/search-planning-applications-online/planningapplicationssearchbymap/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I looked at buying in Ongar when it was just built. I vaguely remember that there was restrictions on extending....I'll ask the OH and see if they can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I do see the odd home around me with single storey extensions but it really eats into their already small back gardens/yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ongarboy wrote: »
    I do see the odd home around me with single storey extensions but it really eats into their already small back gardens/yards.

They I bet are within the 40 sq meters your allowed to add with out planning permission

• Advertisement
Advertisement