Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best First Car for 19 year old.

Options
  • 13-09-2016 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

What car is cheapest for insuring a 19 year old who recently passed his driving test? price range between 2500 and 3000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

We cannot tell you which model would be cheaper to insure as that depends on too much different parameters and is highly dependent on your individual situation...

However, we can give you some models to look into. A petrol yaris is quite popular as a first car here on boards. I'd recommend a Suzuki Swift myself, won't break the bank, reliable, easy/nice to drive.

Get insurance quotes before you buy and you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

In short, generally something that wouldn't appeal to a 19 yr old, I drive a Citroen C3, it's my first car and was a few hundred cheaper to buy and insure then a polo and the likes

I agree with the other poster though, get quotes on a few makes and models, you'll probably need to stay around the 1.2 mark or below to get any way of a decent quote

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

mitsubishi colt (04 - onwards)

easy to drive and super reliable

Advertisement