Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshes Shopping Centre - Recreational Area

Options
  • 13-09-2016 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Someone at the weekend told me that as part of the original planning permission granted to build the Marshes Shopping Center, money was paid to the Dundalk Town Council for a recreational area close the the site

Some digging around on the online planning maps has provide this:

[font=arial, sans-serif]Application Number 05520001 online you can find that one of the conditions for the build was to pay the Dundalk Town Council 21,270 towards the provision of various community recreational and amenity facilites within the urban area (see point 3 in the picture below). Does this mean that there should be a park/playground built close-by? Or maybe I am just misinterpreting it [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]396865.png[/font]

?ui=2&ik=33f0cddff5&view=fimg&th=1571d3ccf530bed5&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_1571d3ad017456bc&attbid=ANGjdJ-ESA5i0DAoGWr0IOS75Y9oA-sqbKSHDS5snGeF3H6b4tmz8VmA_jHdrgh2G4bridacIrySuhdXk7s7wPFteG8on8-tucDLHn3JPN5S9S5iVDLWCuZPWnUzIIU&sz=w994-h1088&ats=1473747930255&rm=1571d3ccf530bed5&zw&atsh=1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

"Within the urban area" ...not in the immediate vicinity of the marshes. The council has done a lot of that type of work since so the money is long spent. What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

My point is... where is it? If they got the money, what did they spend it on. It would be nice to have another park in town (with a playground) and not just St Helena's

They have improved many areas in the urban area since the Marshes was built . Marian Park/Coxes playground for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Marshes itself needs to start catering for it's customers.
    Last Sunday i went there with 2 elderly people.
    There was nowhere for them to sit down and take a rest. Only 5 seats outside Penneys and none on the other side near Dunnes Stores at all. There used to be a lot more but they seem to have removed them. It wouldn't kill them to provided a few chairs for pensioners and the frail.

The Marshes itself needs to start catering for it's customers.
    Last Sunday i went there with 2 elderly people.
    There was nowhere for them to sit down and take a rest. Only 5 seats outside Penneys and none on the other side near Dunnes Stores at all. There used to be a lot more but they seem to have removed them. It wouldn't kill them to provided a few chairs for pensioners and the frail.

I agree, the seating has been drastically reduced in the last few weeks. I know what was there, e.g. outside the River Cafe, was a bit battered but leave it there until it's replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Seating in there isn't fit for purpose.

Leather couches and chairs. Why not just put in metal benches?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Seating in there isn't fit for purpose.

Leather couches and chairs. Why not just put in metal benches?

I don't agree. The leather and fabric chairs and couches were comfortable. We older people don't want metal benches: thank you but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Advertisement