Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashtown

Options
  • 13-09-2016 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I am moving to Dublin with my husband & toddler. Looking at Ashtown as a potential area to live in. My husband got a job in the city centre & will be taking public transport. Ashtown is kinda built up with high rise apartments and I'm wondering if anyone has experience living in that type of environment with a toddler. Most places we've looked at our 2 bed apartments close to the Giraffe creche. Any info or advice appreciated. We are not really used to living in built up areas! Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

I've moved your thread to the Dublin 15 forum as this is more relevant for your query about Ashtown as a place to live.

If you wish to get advice on apartment living with a toddler, I'd suggest checking out the Newborn & Toddlers forum.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I assume you're talking about the apartments in Rathborne, not sure if there's a giraffe in Royal Canal Park.
    These new developments have sat in quite nicely in the area, and seem to be quiet and settled already. There are lots and lots of families with toddlers living in the area so it seems to be ok for children. There is a reasonable playground in Rathborne and some green area, I'm not as familiar with Royal canal park though so not sure if they have similar. There is also a new primary school just opened in Rathborne, and you're well serviced with shops. For travel to town there is the 120 bus and the train (luas on the way nearby), you'd be mad to drive from there! Anyone I know living there seems to like it the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Lived up where you're talking about for two years and liked it so much we've bought down the other end in the new houses.

It's a great area, lots of toddlers around and the 2 bed apartments are a good size for a one child family. A lot of them (and the duplexes) open onto a terrace at the back which opens onto a common shared outdoor area. Might be worth targeting one of those if you're worried about feeling cooped up. Even without that, there's a nice playground in the crescent park and the walk along either the canal or the Tolka is lovely.

Pretty much everything you need is within walking distance and good links to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

If you can get one of the apartments or houses with access to a shared garden it is fantastic for young kids and getting to know other parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dorlydoo

We have lived near ashtown in phoenix park racecourse for 2 years now and its really nice. I think its a better location for us because of the accessibility and the better parking. There are lovely shops and restaurants in ashtown and train station! I love the halfway house and canal bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Thank you all!

Advertisement