Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »
    I was team shotting Jonny but helpfully stepped aside allowing Nev to get a clean shot. We have 100% better callouts on our team you see :P

Yep, couldn't have got the kill without PetKing priming him? Go Team Go!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Delay on Twitch is really high though

Shhhhhhh im maintaing my stance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

No need for callouts when you have AdamD.

AdamD was not on our team. Our callouts were along the lines of, where is Doyler? Let's teamshot the crap out of him... He's on my orb, run!... Etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The Tea Party took a narrow (well on paper anyway) victory last night 3-2.

Round 1
    v5N6lmzl.jpg

Round 2
    s51YPFAl.jpg

Round 3
    TZtGlnvl.jpg

Round 4
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=6016169071&characterId=2305843009252938600

Round 5
    p7IARhll.jpg

• Advertisement

So the table so far:

POS|Team|Played|Rounds Won|Wins|Points
    1|Bridesmaids|1 |4|1|6
    2|The Tea Party|1|3|1 |5
    3|The Inquisition|1|2|0|2
    4|Cheer Squad|1|1|0|1
    5|The Scream Team|0|0|0|0
    6|Uber Disappointed|0|0|0|0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The scoring system is sooooo Irish, even if you lose there's still a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Our nation was built on the glorious draw, just look at the War for Independence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

So when's the next one?

PlainP wrote: »
    So when's the next one?

Keen aren't we! Must have enjoyed your victory last night.

That's up to each team to organise between each other. If we had set dates too many games just wouldn't go ahead. We, The Inquisition, have started a PSN chat with The Scream Team trying to organise our next game, we actually started that a few days ago, unfortunetly at least 2 of us are not available again until at least the 28th.

Round 1
    The Inquisition 2-3 The Tea Party
    The Scream Team v Uber Disappointed
    Bridesmaids 4-1 Cheer Squad

Round 2
    The Tea Party v Cheer Squad
    The Scream Team v The Inquisition
    Uber Disappointed v Bridesmaids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hopefully with full representation going forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

dudeeile wrote: »
    Keen aren't we! Must have enjoyed your victory last night.

That's up to each team to organise between each other. If we had set dates too many games just wouldn't go ahead. We, The Inquisition, have started a PSN chat with The Scream Team trying to organise our next game, we actually started that a few days ago, unfortunetly at least 2 of us are not available again until at least the 28th.

Round 1
    The Inquisition 2-3 The Tea Party
    The Scream Team v Uber Disappointed
    Bridesmaids 4-1 Cheer Squad

Round 2
    The Tea Party v Cheer Squad
    The Scream Team v The Inquisition
    Uber Disappointed v Bridesmaids

I had great fun, my team are amazing :)

So there's others who haven't played any yet I see. I'll get on the PS messages and see what the story is for the next one. I'm not back at work until next Thursday so should have loads of free time before then.

Rochfor is gone which puts Uber down to 3. So it's either 3v3 or we just give a loss to both and move on. If doesn't happen by Tuesday it never will.

Or, stay with me here this will seem crazy, postpone till the June Bank Holiday and we'll all go to dude's house for the long weekend. Should get it done and dusted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rochfor is gone which puts Uber down to 3. So it's either 3v3 or we just give a loss to both and move on. If doesn't happen by Tuesday it never will.

Or, stay with me here this will seem crazy, postpone till the June Bank Holiday and we'll all go to dude's house for the long weekend. Should get it done and dusted then.
    We lost one of ours too. We got permission to add a different player (who subbed in for our game) but I don't know if they want to commit.

I honestly don't know what to do with this situation. Ya see the problems with subs will be the varying levels of skill (sic).

On the other point, can it not be sooner than June, I understand visa applications from residents of Carlow generally take that bit longer but 6 months seems excessive.
    We lost one of ours too. We got permission to add a different player (who subbed in for our game) but I don't know if they want to commit.

There has been no word back from the sub.

So now it looks like we have 2 teams of 3, maybe just maybe, they could become the subs? I'm happy to bow out and just be a sub, in fact I'm happy to stay out and just coordinate the replacement player which would keep everything above board:D

So if we kick you out, we only need to get rid of one more person and we have a replacement team of 4!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah lads, try and keep this as close to the original plan as possible :(

So if we kick you out, we only need to get rid of one more person and we have a replacement team of 4!

Yes and no but yes.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah lads, try and keep this as close to the original plan as possible :(

Have always thought that would be tough, with so many people, over such a long period.

At the moment we have two teams of 3 - and no good way of dealing with that. I don't think we have even got a full round of matches done.

I think the last game of the first round is involving one of the 3 player teams.

As Dude said, bringing in a sub isn't easy as the teams were made with a goal to make them as fair as possible. If you lost your 3rd or 4th best, a sub could end up being WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better. Though that doesn't have to be a big deal, for fairness it would be imo.

Honestly, not sure how to deal with the 3 player issue.

I said to Dude the night it happened with our team is that we had to leave it up to the opposition; whether a sub was allowed (and which people) or whether we had to go in with 3. I was ready to go in to a 4vs3. We'd have lost (worse than we did) but its not their fault they got their 4 and we didnd't.

Have always thought that would be tough, with so many people, over such a long period.

At the moment we have two teams of 3 - and no good way of dealing with that. I don't think we have even got a full round of matches done.

I think the last game of the first round is involving one of the 3 player teams.

As Dude said, bringing in a sub isn't easy as the teams were made with a goal to make them as fair as possible. If you lost your 3rd or 4th best, a sub could end up being WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better. Though that doesn't have to be a big deal, for fairness it would be imo.

Honestly, not sure how to deal with the 3 player issue.

I said to Dude the night it happened with our team is that we had to leave it up to the opposition; whether a sub was allowed (and which people) or whether we had to go in with 3. I was ready to go in to a 4vs3. We'd have lost (worse than we did) but its not their fault they got their 4 and we didnd't.

Ok, well if thats the case why not change this up completely??

We scrap this idea and go to a 1v1 system, points based system like we were doing. People can play their games at times that suit the 2 people involved. (I had always thought we were going to go 1v1 hence the prizes but I will have a monetary value for them instead)
    We dont time restrict it to say oh all games have to be played in 2 weeks etc. We set out a finish date a month or 2 away and thats it.

or

We keep it as is, reset all scores. We are currently down 2 people so what if we make it all 3v3 teams (But i do see the same thing happening again)

• Advertisement

Going 3v4 would be an option for a game but I don't think it's fair to play like that for all of them, its also not nice to have to drop a member of the other team thats ready to go.

Don't think a 1v1 would be a goer.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Going 3v4 would be an option for a game but I don't think it's fair to play like that for all of them, its also not nice to have to drop a member of the other team thats ready to go.

Yep - I agree.

Its a shame people committed to this, and have dropped out - life happens I guess. It was also somewhat predictable (no slight on your organizing Dude) that stuff like this would happen.

The best bet to get a PVP comp done is to pick a Saturday or Sunday in the future, get a list of people that will be available for a few hours on that day - and get it done in one afternoon - with less rounds per match to reduce the overall time too.

Well then how about we mark out the next 4 weekends with time slots etc and just get it done. (I would say no to a 3v4 as its so not fair that one extra person can make a huge difference in a game)?

Lost a player?

Want to get a Sub in who is better than the person you lost?

Fine

You take 1 Loss (out of 5) so you start the "Best of 5" at 0-1

Simples

Looks like we'll have our 2nd game going ahead on Thursday.

It really just takes people a bit of communication and accountability to get it going.

Untypical mare just set up a chat with the 8 of us in it and we picked a day/time that the majority can commit to.

It's not like there is much happening in Destiny (period) at the moment that people can't have a selection of 2 or 3 evenings to pick from

The way I look at it, there's 8 people to deal with, if you can get 6 out of 8 to commit to something in the next week or so, just go ahead with it.

Don't want to be still scheduling games in like April for this.

The teams are 4v4 but if you can get 3v3 going, or get a sub in, just crack on with the match and move along :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

It really just takes people a bit of communication and accountability to get it going.

Getting Christmas out of the way is a significant hurdle removed for a lot of people I think.

Looks like we'll have our 2nd game going ahead on Thursday.

Untypical mare just set up a chat with the 8 of us in it and we picked a day/time that the majority can commit to.

It's not like there is much happening in Destiny (period) at the moment that people can't have a selection of 2 or 3 evenings to pick from

The way I look at it, there's 8 people to deal with, if you can get 6 out of 8 to commit to something in the next week or so, just go ahead with it.

Don't want to be still scheduling games in like April for this.

The teams are 4v4 but if you can get 3v3 going, or get a sub in, just crack on with the match and move along :P

All well and good lad but whats your work email and I'll send you the transcript of our chat trying to organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TBH Christmas was probably the easiest time for me, gonna struggle to get on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Should we have a meeting to discuss all this lads? I'm available yesterday at 7pm and tonight at 4:26am.

• Advertisement

All well and good lad but whats your work email and I'll send you the transcript of our chat trying to organise.

I can only receive e-mails that are 5GB in size or less though

I mean, I have Abuses on my team, and he's not even here, in Ireland. Sort it out lads :D

Advertisement