Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You guys need to hire a project manager or something :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Conar wrote: »
    Should we have a meeting to discuss all this lads? I'm available yesterday at 7pm and tonight at 4:26am.

Can't do 4:26, I have an appointment to get my nose hair trimmed, any chance we can make it 18:06am? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Myself, Knave, madra and jcd are on most nights. So if anyone wants to get our games out of the way. Set up chat away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Myself, Knave, madra and jcd are on most nights. So if anyone wants to get our games out of the way. Set up chat away.

myself, dude, totz and neglit are to play you guys in our next game.

I'm probably around most nights, think Neglit said to Dude that weeknights are best for him. Totz and Dude seem to be around most nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm probably around most nights, think Neglit said to Dude that weeknights are best for him. Totz and Dude seem to be around most nights.

Far be it from me to use outdated meh-mehs

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

After getting on early last night, running a few solo games to get ready, and the whole thing going down the swanny, tonight has been set aside as a "No Man-Cave" night.

Your next game could very well be our first.

We have 6 confirmed for 9pm tonight for our next round of this so we're going ahead.

I'll throw it up on the ole Twitch later.

Prepare to get sweaty.

And remember kids, my connection is not bad, my Blink skills are just that good :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

We've booked a game for 10 tonight, also looking like 3V3.

Right, lets go PvP Comp!

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

Great Display of How-to-whiff-Nova-Bombs lads

We won 3-2

:pac:

• Advertisement

I am fooking throwing this comp. shocking. absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

3-2 to The Inquisition vs Scream Team.

5 horrible, sweaty, snipey matches, apart from the first on Anomaly.

The last match was the only one I was happy with in terms of my own play - got a nice team wipe golden gun on the heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Me after the games tonight

FmYjcHV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Great Display of How-to-whiff-Nova-Bombs lads

We won 3-2

:pac:

Here are the games, got them from destiny tracker.
    kb2ZZTl.png

How does this affect the league table?

And can we change the settings so match don't run down to the timer, we had 3/5 that involved running the clock out by either team :/

"Don't revive yourself, suicide Abuses! suicide god damn it! And stay down!"

Me after the games tonight

FmYjcHV.gif

This is my new favourite gif for 2 reasons:
    1. It made me spit my coffee out
    2. It's Quantum Leap

This is my new favourite gif for 2 reasons:
    1. It made me spit my coffee out
    2. It's Quantum Leap

Why didn't I pick up on that.

Great premise for a show :)

Why didn't I pick up on that.

Great premise for a show :)

It was. Shame the network cancelled it before we saw the real ending, though the ending we got was actually quite good, and sad. Poor Sam.

It was. Shame the network cancelled it before we saw the real ending, though the ending we got was actually quite good, and sad. Poor Sam.

Can't remember the "endings" of shows back then.

Kind of enjoyed how stuff like that, the X-files and Star Trek TNG all had most of their episodes as self contained stories but with some over arching themes throughout the show.

Noawadays you either watch all 10 episodes or something or you may aswell not have bothered.

Kind of why I enjoyed Gotham and Defiance a lot

• Advertisement

How does this affect the league table?

And can we change the settings so match don't run down to the timer, we had 3/5 that involved running the clock out by either team :/

"Don't revive yourself, suicide Abuses! suicide god damn it! And stay down!"

What score would you suggest though? 2500? 3000?

Your lot have moved on to 10 points. (two games played)
    My team (Inquisition) is on 7.
    Bridesmads on 6 (one game played)
    Cheer Squad on 3 points (two games played)
    Scream Team on 2 points (one game played)
    Uber Disappointed on 0 points (no games played)

Think I am right on that.

POS Team Played Rounds Won Wins Points
    1 The Tea Party 2 6 2 10
    2 The Inquisition 2 5 1 7
    3 Bridesmaids 1 4 1 6
    4 Cheer Squad 2 3 0 3
    5 The Scream Team 1 2 0 2
    6 Uber Disappointed 0 0 0 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Can't remember the "endings" of shows back then.

Kind of enjoyed how stuff like that, the X-files and Star Trek TNG all had most of their episodes as self contained stories but with some over arching themes throughout the show.

Noawadays you either watch all 10 episodes or something or you may aswell not have bothered.

Kind of why I enjoyed Gotham and Defiance a lot

I liked those bitter sweet endings. QL's self contained finale wrapped it up nicely, DS9 did the same style after that epic final season arc.

What score would you suggest though? 2500? 3000?

I dunno, I legitimately didn't check what we did yesterday.

All I know is that heavy spawned 2 mins before the match ended.

Watched ye (well Dude) play yer last 3 games, that Firebase Delhi game was pretty low scoring for example.

Also, we couldn't hear you on twitch, if you were saying anything. Same with Totz. Dude, do you have your stream set to include Party Chat Audio in Stream?

Couldn't hear Optimus on Solvables stream either if he was saying much at all

Watched ye (well Dude) play yer last 3 games, that Firebase Delhi game was pretty low scoring for example.

Also, we couldn't hear you on twitch, if you were saying anything. Same with Totz. Dude, do you have your stream set to include Party Chat Audio in Stream?

He probably wasn't saying much, as I defo had it set to broadcast party chat

Could hear Madra alright

Salty sailor that he was :p

Be thankful you didn't watch Bannerfall. That match was POISON. Firebase was infinitely better!

I still reckon heavy should be waved (didn't get consesus last night so it was played). It coming in with 2 minutes left slows the game down massively and can utterly decide the match. Maybe being the decisive factor in the game isn't a terrible thing, but imo there isn't enough time to recover from heavy if it goes badly.

on Twighlight gap, for example, it was close up to that point - I managed to take out all three on the heavy which meant we went into a small lead but had both heavy crates. Game was done at that point, with 2 minutes left. Not much fun.

On the other hand Heavy ammo does draw both teams out (if required) and forces close engagement.

EDIT: Also, our game stayed in game chat - but of sh1t talk in the breaks and the game splits the audio once you start loading in.

If we end up in 3v3 scenario, should just play Skirmish with standard rules maybe?
    EDIT: Also, our game stayed in game chat - but of sh1t talk in the breaks and the game splits the audio once you start loading in.

Well we could hear all of Solavbles team, and just Dude on his stream fwiw.

If we end up in 3v3 scenario, should just play Skirmish with standard rules maybe?

Well we could hear all of Solavbles team, and just Dude on his stream fwiw.
    Would skirmish change the game up much?

Would add revive points but I'm not sure what difference it would really give over Clash.

Would skirmish change the game up much?

Would add revive points but I'm not sure what difference it would really give over Clash.

Would be balanced in terms of Score/Match Time/Heavy Timing

Also Revives make the game a bit more strategic

Just from a player and spectator POV, running down clocks and hiding and hard-camping etc are not really how we normally do things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The way I was supposed to set up my new headset didn't actually work. I had to work a solution myself.

I'm going to have to get another of the gold headsets.

Advertisement