Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

[quote="Generic Dreadhead;102177807", blame the 2 people who drop out/can't make it in that case :P
    [/quote]

I hope there's no blame pointed at me :( Yakuza couldn't play and at the appointed time my internet went to sh1t. I wanted to play but with Yakuza gone it made sense that the weakest of our team didn't play.

I see the others only had 3v3 as well.

Perhaps this would be the preferred teams seeing as we can never get the 4v4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    Less than normal, you must have had the whole village warned to stay off the net!

Don't forget that joke has an NCT coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

PlainP wrote: »
    I hope there's no blame pointed at me :( Yakuza couldn't play and at the appointed time my internet went to sh1t. I wanted to play but with Yakuza gone it made sense that the weakest of our team didn't play.

Not at all. Maybe if that happens in future, we could rotate games so one player doesn't get left out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PlainP wrote: »

Nah, just pointing it out in general. It's happened more often than not that the overall games have ended up 3v3
    Not at all. Maybe if that happens in future, we could rotate games so one player doesn't get left out?

Yeah, I was gonna suggest this anyhow provided all 4 of us were playing. Like 3 on, 2 off or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    If anything, this comp has been a great learning curve for any future ones. There will be a lot more constructive feedback given we all have a bit of play under the belt.

To be fair, we'd probably have had a lot more people going flawless in Trials if we'd run a few more of these 3v3 game modes within the clan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i could see a future comp being much smaller. Could be an option for running smaller, single day/two day comps more regularly.

I'd be on for some elimination practice too if we could get 6 people together. (providing it's not getting in the way of the comp dudeeile :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be on for some elimination practice too if we could get 6 people together. (providing it's not getting in the way of the comp dudeeile :) )

I'd be up for that Chimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My PvP skills are shot to shíte of late. My hunter could always goes positive in K/D, but since I've taken my break I'm really struggling. Aim on primary feels all wrong, and I'm throwing myself into line of fire too much. I've struggled in the comp because of it. :(

nevelator wrote: »
    I'd be up for that Chimp.

I'd be on for it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Moi aussi

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Uber Disappointed are next on the list for the Cheer Squad - but I see they have yet to play a game. Should we jump to the next team or wait for the Ubers to play their games?

Happy to play Comp against one of the remaining 3 teams we have yet to play on Thursday at 9pm if you lot can get your stuff together :P

(I do not speak on behalf of my entire team, just want to get the ball rolling)

nevelator wrote: »
    Uber Disappointed are next on the list for the Cheer Squad - but I see they have yet to play a game. Should we jump to the next team or wait for the Ubers to play their games?

Yeah, I'd look to start trying to organise your next match.

I hear that as long as you don't make eye contact with Beard, he doesn't exist.

So based on people not being online since this whole things inception, and people actually being online but ignoring messages (apparently) for those teams looking to schedule games, I think the best course of action is to move forward with 5 teams and move the guys from Uber around

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If I'm in the online but ignoring messages section, apologies, I've been in work til 9pm or 10pm all week but my housemates use the PS4 for Netflix and Sky Go. So I may well be 'online' but not even home.

AdamD wrote: »
    If I'm in the online but ignoring messages section, apologies, I've been in work til 9pm or 10pm all week but my housemates use the PS4 for Netflix and Sky Go. So I may well be 'online' but not even home.

My advice would be to use the PS Messages app to even just check every few days in case you are getting messages, well on top of checking here that is

So based on people not being online since this whole things inception, and people actually being online but ignoring messages (apparently) for those teams looking to schedule games, I think the best course of action is to move forward with 5 teams and move the guys from Uber around

suggested the same myself on the PSN chat - I think it is just Redzer and SirConar that would need to be moved (potentially) to other teams.

I know my team (Inquisition) is one player down. I think there is another team missing a player but I am not sure which it is. Is it Bridesmaids?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

suggested the same myself on the PSN chat - I think it is just Redzer and SirConar that would need to be moved (potentially) to other teams.

I know my team (Inquisition) is one player down. I think there is another team missing a player but I am not sure which it is. Is it Bridesmaids?

We played our first match with 3 and haven't heard from mcmafia in a while, but I don't think we are officially down to 3 atm.

• Advertisement

We played our first match with 3 and haven't heard from mcmafia in a while, but I don't think we are officially down to 3 atm.

You have Doyler... yer grand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

We (Cheer Squad) played our 2 matches without Yakuza, but it was bad timing for him in that regard.

PetKing wrote: »
    We (Cheer Squad) played our 2 matches without Yakuza, but it was bad timing for him in that regard.

2.5KDR Yakuza or 0.8KDR Yakuza?

Depends on the match.

You have Doyler... yer grand!:D

I still laugh at this quote from the beginning of the comp:
    You have AdamD on your team. You could play using only your feet and you still have a very good chance of winning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

In my case, I informed the lads Id miss the first match. I didn't intentionally ignore arrangements for the second match, I just really forgot how busy the house can be with a new born in it. Sorry for any inconvenience caused...I would've genuinely liked to give it a go. At this stage with the new baby and other **** going on I think I'd be better off pulling out altogether so ye can re-organise the teams accordingly. Once again sorry for any hassle caused....Maybe I'll be available for The Destiny2 pvp tournament:p

Same could be said for Jonny - but seeing as nevelator sniped him out of his hammers, I think we know which one was playing :pac:

McMafia77 wrote: »
    In my case, I informed the lads Id miss the first match. I didn't intentionally ignore arrangements for the second match, I just really forgot how busy the house can be with a new born in it. Sorry for any inconvenience caused...I would've genuinely liked to give it a go. At this stage with the new baby and other **** going on I think I'd be better off pulling out altogether so ye can re-organise the teams accordingly. Once again sorry for any hassle caused....Maybe I'll be available for The Destiny2 pvp tournament:p

Ugh.... look at you man going and having bloody kids
    Seriously, Destiny comp is on, sort it out Mafia. Have a word with your missus, set her straight

:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Same could be said for Jonny - but seeing as nevelator sniped him out of his hammers, I think we know which one was playing :pac:

Hey now....... don't make me get nathan to kick yo ass on destiny brah :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Maybe ye could draft me up some official looking letter that pardons me form all parental duty during competition time!!!

Advertisement