Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Same could be said for Jonny - but seeing as nevelator sniped him out of his hammers, I think we know which one was playing :pac:

I think the main clue was HAMMERS!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    I think the main clue was HAMMERS!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Maybe ye could draft me up some official looking letter that pardons me form all parental duty during competition time!!!

See thats where your going wrong..... you should be subtly suggesting she go visit one of her family members with the child :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

At this stage I think I'd have been better off pulling out altogether for The Destiny pvp tournament:p

FYP

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hey now....... don't make me get nathan to kick yo ass on destiny brah :pac:

It's usually "I'll get me da"
    Now it's "I'll get me sprog"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

In my case, I informed the lads Id miss the first match. I didn't intentionally ignore arrangements for the second match, I just really forgot how busy the house can be with a new born in it. Sorry for any inconvenience caused...I would've genuinely liked to give it a go. At this stage with the new baby and other **** going on I think I'd be better off pulling out altogether so ye can re-organise the teams accordingly. Once again sorry for any hassle caused....Maybe I'll be available for The Destiny2 pvp tournament:p

We seriously need to sort out a Boards edition of Dads of Destiny!

I'd be better off pulling out altogether

54488681.jpg

It's usually "I'll get me da"
    Now it's "I'll get me sprog"

Shurrrrrrrrup you or i'll let him lose on you too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We seriously need to sort out a Boards edition of Dads of Destiny!

Cool, good luck getting yourselves online within the same year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Are there any matches going ahead this wknd?

• Advertisement

I can be available if given some prior notice whenever really. Today, Sat, Sun

Should be on at some stage tonight.
    I'm available from early Tomorrow night.

Many apologies for my absence. I have had a whole mess of work to do for my final year project in college, and that was before I even started back to college this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Many apologies for my absence. I have had a whole mess of work to do for my final year project in college, and that was before I even started back to college this week.

New phone, who dis?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Two match nights in a row we've been made to show up while only 1 or 2 opponents do.

Don't wanna sound like a dick about it, but it seems the only way to get this thing progressing at this stage is by forfeiture.

How about trying to agree here on a date where yet-to-be-played matches can be played?

Set a deadline for decision, any team that hasn't reached a decision by then forfeits their match, and the same goes for any team that doesn't show up to play their match on the decided date.

I haven't even tried to see if Destiny is Playable on my new dodgy internet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think myself Dude and Totz have been around a few times but the opposition has only had two players each time. Its a shame - though understandable - that timing is difficult for people.

I'd almost stick a fork in this comp, to be honest. The longer we go without games, the less likely we are to get it going again (imo).

Might be a time to call it and get a new comp going - but set the time frame out prior, and get a list of people who WILL be available and want to take part.

12 people, 4 teams of 3, 1 afternoon. Only people who have been available so far taking part. 12 people should be easy to get, I can count 15 or 16 people from the original list that I would be confident on turning up.

4 team league setup, 3 rounds of matches giving us a final table. Maybe a final between the top two (rematching a previous game)

12 people, 4 teams of 3, 1 afternoon. Only people who have been available so far taking part. 12 people should be easy to get, I can count 15 or 16 people from the original list that I would be confident on turning up.

I'd be up for this.

Be better craic and banter over a short period too.

I'm going to suggest Saturday Feb 11th - cause I know my other half is away all weekend (back sometime Sunday afternoon) so I know I'd be clear for anytime on that Saturday.

If we kept it to first 12 in - then sorted. Only allow any extra players once a further 3 are up. Though I can see the more people on the list the more difficult it becomes to ensure no one pulls out (as family issues may dictate).

4 teams would mean 3 matches each - maybe a 4th match for 2 teams.

If we got to 5 teams it would be 4 rounds of matches for each team, with each team sitting out one round of matches..

• Advertisement

Put my name down.

Provisionally put me down, not too sure if it suits yet but as it stand I should be home about 2 or 3 that day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Working that weekend. For that reason I'm out.

I'm out for Feb 11. I'll be out of country and wont be back till that night.

I won't be back until the evening of the 11th. Be offline until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm looking forward to this 1v1 between Generic & Conovar.

Sticky grenades only, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Not sure if I can do it that early that day. If I can I will be up for this.

I don't get out of bed till like 2pm and I need about 3-4 hours to wake up and sober up on weekends

I don't get out of bed till like 2pm and I need about 3-4 hours to wake up and sober up on weekends

Go back to sleep :pac:

• Advertisement

the 11th was simply a day that suited me best. If a different day suits otther people ore then so be it. I think finding 12 people on a particular day for a couple of hours is the goal. If it goes well we can look to do more, so that people who missed out or enjoyed it can go again.

From my perspective Saturday Feb 4th might suit me as well - the wife might be working that weekend too. I just don't know right now if that is the case (while I am positive she is away the weekend of the 11th).

Advertisement