Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Worth posting on the system chat too (for those who can reach it)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Add me to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Here's my idea for the Primary Round Robin Rumble:

It'll consist of 5 rounds. Rounds 1-4 will be for each weapon type, so HC/AR/PR/SR, and round 5 would be for your own personal preference. No UR or NLB. Primary Exotics are allowed if everyone agrees, otherwise Legendary only.

Scoring can be done 1 of 2 ways:
    1: Take individual end game score for the 5 rounds and total
    2: 1st place gets 6 points, 2nd gets 5, 3rd gets 4 and so on

Rumble
    HC AR SR PR Personal Total
    P1 6 3 6 2 5 22
    P2 2 5 3 1 2 13
    P3 1 4 5 4 3 17
    P4 4 1 4 3 4 16
    P5 5 6 1 5 6 23
    P6 3 2 2 6 1 14

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It'll consist of 5 rounds. Rounds 1-4 will be for each weapon type, so HC/AR/PR/SR, and round 5 would be for your own personal preference. No UR or NLB. Primary Exotics are allowed if everyone agrees, otherwise Legendary only.

I think you're over complicating it, maybe that's just me.

In these dedicated primary rounds, are you only allowed us primary weapon? Or can you use your secondary too (loaded question)

Cormac... wrote: »
    I think you're over complicating it, maybe that's just me.

In these dedicated primary rounds, are you only allowed us primary weapon? Or can you use your secondary too (loaded question)

Maybe I am. It's only a rough idea. I was thinking primary only (But nades are okay, as your more likely to have muscle memory of throwing a grenade at someone. For me it's easier to not switch to a secondary as apposed to not throwing a nade)

All these gimmicky modes will iron themselves out over time. As you suggested yourself, having private elimination matches would be very useful for trials practice. Some clan on clan clash/control/control lite games for useless epeen bragging rites.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Maybe I am. It's only a rough idea. I was thinking primary only (But nades are okay, as your more likely to have muscle memory of throwing a grenade at someone. For me it's easier to not switch to a secondary as apposed to not throwing a nade)

All these gimmicky modes will iron themselves out over time. As you suggested yourself, having private elimination matches would be very useful for trials practice. Some clan on clan clash/control/control lite games for useless epeen bragging rites.

Have a rule that anyone that uses a secondary or heavy have to get killed once by everyone on the opposing team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Up to 13 PS4 players (and one lone XBOX entrant...) - unfortunately, it is now obvious that most of us have played feck all skirmish - so we are going to have to discuss how teams for Skirmish would be selected (to try keep it fair/even).

I have updated the signup sheet with some Skirmish ELOs, from Guardian.GG where we have them.

My proposal for the first comp is 3vs3 skirmish - we can discuss no use of heavy, subclass restrictions (can't double/triple a sub class per team) if we start to get closer to actually getting a comp going.

Reason I am think a more standard Skirmish comp first time round, is just to try keep it simple/clean/non-gimmicky.

Oh, and BUMP for the signup sheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YIHxkcwrdhw9XvlJznM7qJC46oYzAvus6EpVeLrPuRs/edit#gid=0

Reason I am think a more standard Skirmish comp first time round, is just to try keep it simple/clean/non-gimmicky.

THIS!

We can add weird rules and restrictions later.
    For the 1st games, have no rules. You can do whatever you want, use whatever you want.

Do "Best of 5", the winners of each round face each other in a final.

Maybe just have 4 team captains to start, then we can take it from there

I think we should add other ELOs for other modes in other columns

A Salvage or Trials ELO would be a pretty good indicator of 3v3 skill if a player doesn't have a Skirmish one

Is there a way to see your current Season ELO for Salvage (and other modes? I can only see the man 6 up top of the screen)

EDIT: I actually started adding more columns cause it makes sense

I think we should add other ELOs for other modes in other columns

A Salvage or Trials ELO would be a pretty good indicator of 3v3 skill if a player doesn't have a Skirmish one

Is there a way to see your current Season ELO for Salvage (and other modes? I can only see the man 6 up top of the screen)

EDIT: I actually started adding more columns cause it makes sense
    i can only go on previous seasons ELO for Skirmish/Trials/Salvage - and because I have played so little my scores in both aren't bad (I have a higher salvage score than you!! :D:o:rolleyes:) so I'm not sure ELO will be the way to go - you are a way better 3vs3 player than I am but ELO (the little we can get) isn't showing that.

• Advertisement

So if we don't have a Season 2 ELO, just use the Season 1 figure yeah?
    Season 1 took place between Sep 15th, 2015 and Apr 12th, 2016

Still can't see my current ELO for Salvage etc.

you can search it on the leaderboards - you can filter to a guardian name.

That would be my thought.

Will the release of RoI create a new Season, so we would all have our Seasonal ELO's reset?

you can search it on the leaderboards - you can filter to a guardian name.

Here?

http://guardian.gg/en/leaderboard/2/11

But when I type my name into the filter box, nothing happens, there is no "search" button, I hit enter, nothing happens. I'm just left looking at the top 200 Salvage players.
    Will the release of RoI create a new Season, so we would all have our Seasonal ELO's reset?

Yup. I believe so.

But when I type my name into the filter box, nothing happens, there is no "search" button, I hit enter, nothing happens. I'm just left looking at the top 200 Salvage players..

Worked for me with hitting enter.
    http://imgur.com/jeLjACa

Here?

http://guardian.gg/en/leaderboard/2/11

But when I type my name into the filter box, nothing happens, there is no "search" button, I hit enter, nothing happens. I'm just left looking at the top 200 Salvage players.
    yeah - not working when i try for your name either. I know that happens with payers who are 'placing' rather than having a rank, but I would assume you have a proper ELO for salvage (unless you haven't played it since April, or only a couple of games.

I've played a lot of Salvage. I mean how many games do you need to play? 10? 20? 50?

It looks like 20.
    You are showing up for the other game modes.

Alright, maybe I made some assumptions.

According to DestinyTracker I've played 11 games in the last 2 months, the rest (according to Guardian GG) are over 4 months ago (even though that should still be within the current season)

I guess I'll do a bunch of Salvage to get an ELO in it for something to do

Ehhh.... according to this I've played 23 games since the start of season 2

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/ps/GenericDreadHead?mode=11

ELO lads, its all about the ELO

All_Over_the_World_ELO_cover.jpg

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    ELO lads, its all about the ELO

Sun is shinin' in the sky
    There ain't a cloud in sight
    It's stopped rainin' everybody's in a play
    And don't you know
    It's a beautiful new day, hey hey

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The skill rating isn't actually an abbreviation, it's Elo not ELO. Still, I'd like to think you're basing your matching system on the best rendition of of Mr Blue while playing a particular gametype than a skill rating :P

I magically have a Salvage ELO now after playing 1 game last night :rolleyes:

Also, apparently I'm the 5,000th best Control player on Playstation. Yay \o/ :)

EDIT: I did some investigating on the "Iron Banner" Elo.
    So Only Iron Banner Control counts as "Iron Banner" from filter/drop-down purposes for this season.
    Iron Banner Clash seems to just count as Clash. If you look at Destinytracker I have played "No Iron Banner since before the April Update", basically it looks like I only played Iron Banner when it was Clash. Conniver is showing as playing Iron Banner in this season since he's played in IB Control

On Guardian GG and Destiny Tracker:
    Iron Banner Control = "Iron Banner"
    Iron Banner Clash = "Clash"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I just added in my own elo, saves someone having to input all the data. Any errors will be strictly dealt with!

I have nothing for Rift so have used season 1.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I just added in my own elo, saves someone having to input all the data. Any errors will be strictly dealt with!

I have nothing for Rift so have used season 1.

I followed your lead there.

What part of ye thought someone else was going to go in and enter yer details for ye? :D

What part of ye thought someone else was going to go in and enter yer details for ye? :D

Everytime I go into the sheet it tells me I dont have the rights to edit it :confused:

I magically have a Salvage ELO now after playing 1 game last night :rolleyes:

Also, apparently I'm the 5,000th best Control player on Playstation. Yay \o/ :)

EDIT: I did some investigating on the "Iron Banner" Elo.
    So Only Iron Banner Control counts as "Iron Banner" from filter/drop-down purposes for this season.
    Iron Banner Clash seems to just count as Clash. If you look at Destinytracker I have played "No Iron Banner since before the April Update", basically it looks like I only played Iron Banner when it was Clash. Conniver is showing as playing Iron Banner in this season since he's played in IB Control

On Guardian GG and Destiny Tracker:
    Iron Banner Control = "Iron Banner"
    Iron Banner Clash = "Clash"

Is that some Freudian shot at me?

Jokes gone over my head there.

Conniver from the dictionary
    to cooperate secretly; conspire (often followed by with): They connived to take over the business. 2. to avoid noticing something that one is expected to oppose or condemn; give aid to wrongdoing by forbearing to act or speak (usually followed by at): The policeman connived at traffic violations.

Soooo.... I'm calling you sneaky snake is it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Actually don't know why I have no Season 2 for Rift, is there only details of 6 modes listed across the top for everyone?

Advertisement