Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I only stumbled across this now, I'd be up for it if one is happening in the future, anything I need to do first?

git gud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Great job on the spreadsheet lads. Looks great. Thanks to whoever filled it in so well.

Hate to be dragging up old threads an all but I'm ready to get this going.

I've been thinking that the best option for running this is through a league system. If we try to go for knockouts it limits the games people get to play but also makes it important that everyone sticks to the schedule or the whole thing grinds to a halt.

With a league, games can be played out of sync if needed so no biggy if games need to be re-scheduled. I also propose an optimal team size of 4 (if possible from signups), this keeps it varied from regular crucible and we could still play objectives like Control if needed but I think Clash is probably the way to go.

I also say we just use the Elo from 6 man game types as this is definitely the most accurate.

I'm ready to start later this week :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »

I've been thinking that the best option for running this is through a league system. If we try to go for knockouts it limits the games people get to play but also makes it important that everyone sticks to the schedule or the whole thing grinds to a halt.

With a league, games can be played out of sync if needed so no biggy if games need to be re-scheduled. I also propose an optimal team size of 4 (if possible from signups), this keeps it varied from regular crucible and we could still play objectives like Control if needed but I think Clash is probably the way to go.

I also say we just use the Elo from 6 man game types as this is definitely the most accurate.

Im good to go whenever really :D

But i would imagine it wold be hard to get others going on it as we have IB and SRL etc coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Good idea on the league format. Especially around christmas when people can have family commitments or work stuff.

I'm certainly in for this - i'm usually around to play each night but this league format would make it easier as there will be nights that don't suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Good thinking dude. A league system would work out better.

Can we get a sponsor? Carling? Barclays? Siteserv? IW?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Im good to go whenever really :D

But i would imagine it wold be hard to get others going on it as we have IB and SRL etc coming up.

I hear ya, I was only saying I'm ready to get this moving! We'll get the signups going and take it from there. I'll post up in the PSN chat today and see if anyone wants in from there.
    Can we get a sponsor? Carling? Barclays? Siteserv? IW?

Tough one this but if ya want to throw in a few quid I don't think there will be any objections! If we go down the beer route then it would have to be Desperados.

I also had a look over the names that had previously signed up just to see how the teams would pan out, what I did was sort elo from high to low and then evenly picked teams based on their rank in that list, fairest way I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Speaking of said lovely table can I borrow someone's Xbox when I come up against Mcsirl.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Speaking of said lovely table can I borrow someone's Xbox when I come up against Mcsirl.

Mine is available to rent :P

Dude, the ELO's may have to be updated. I know mine has changed a good bit since that chart was taken :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Are they season 2 elo's in the table?

• Advertisement

Mine is available to rent :P

Dude, the ELO's may have to be updated. I know mine has changed a good bit since that chart was taken :P

Gotcha, we'll wait on the signups to update. FYI we're going to schedule all your games during school hours just to be sure.

Updated my ELO (from guardian GG) for Clash, Control and Iron Banner. Haven't played enough Rift yet to be ranked - that should be sorted this week.

Gotcha, we'll wait on the signups to update. FYI we're going to schedule all your games during school hours just to be sure.

Make sure its school hours on Mondays please :Dhehehehe dude doesnt know nathan isnt in school on mondays :P

PetKing wrote: »
    Are they season 2 elo's in the table?

IIRC it was a mix, as some people didn't have ELO rating for some game types. I think most people were missing at least a game type or two.

I hear ya, I was only saying I'm ready to get this moving! We'll get the signups going and take it from there. I'll post up in the PSN chat today and see if anyone wants in from there.

Tough one this but if ya want to throw in a few quid I don't think there will be any objections! If we go down the beer route then it would have to be Desperados.

I also had a look over the names that had previously signed up just to see how the teams would pan out, what I did was sort elo from high to low and then evenly picked teams based on their rank in that list, fairest way I believe.

Desperados said they will sponsor me, they dont take scrubs :P

Updated my ELO (from guardian GG) for Clash, Control and Iron Banner. Haven't played enough Rift yet to be ranked - that should be sorted this week.

Clash, Control and IB should probably do for everyone to be honest, if we average out the elo's for these then we should have a good base of a persons skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd be up for a league or a one day cup over christmas, not played in ages though!

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd be up for a league or a one day cup over christmas, not played in ages though!

Congratulations on the win Adam... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »

We're gonna have to think of some way to handicap you. You can only use the KF handcannon and a side arm or something. No sniping! :pac:

We're gonna have to think of some way to handicap you. You can only use the KF handcannon and a side arm or something. No sniping!

He was a shotgunner the last I saw.

• Advertisement

Fine then, the only loadout he can have is an all white loadout :P

Fine then, the only loadout he can have is an all white loadout :P

And light level matters.

Done and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We're gonna have to think of some way to handicap you. You can only use the KF handcannon and a side arm or something. No sniping! :pac:

I joined the dark side with all of the sniper nerfs!

Haha I'll probably be awful tbh. Last game played October 31st :pac:

Dude,

I'll let you decide how this is going to be run regards rules etc and how the winner/winners will be chosen. As of right now I will put up $50 (Or basically 2 tshirts from the bungie store) as 2 prizes for this :)

Fair play Jonny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads I'd sign up for this but I'm I've only got the game and levelling up, likely to get slaughtered but if there's uneven teams I can jump in.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads I'd sign up for this but I'm I've only got the game and levelling up, likely to get slaughtered but if there's uneven teams I can jump in.

Join up for some IB you will get drops that should fly you up over the next few days and see how you are then by the end of the week :)

Plus light level won't matter in this.

Could be at a disadvantage in terms of actual weapons (may not have a mattador (JCD!!!)) or a clever dragon - but in terms of light level, there wouldn't be an issue.

If you won't some easily obtainable near meta weapons:

Palindrone - Hand Cannon on sale from crucible quarter master, great gun with a very good roll.
    The Waltz - Future War Cult Pulse Rifle - not sure about the roll on this but it is the Clever Dragon archetype.
    Heard Chaotic Neutral is a good LMG too, again from the crucible quarter master.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Palindrone - Hand Cannon on sale from crucible quarter master, great gun with a very good roll.

If memory serves, the vendor Palindrome is God Roll, or near enough as makes no difference. Tyson, if you like and can use HC's go for that one.

• Advertisement

If memory serves, the vendor Palindrome is God Roll, or near enough as makes no difference. Tyson, if you like and can use HC's go for that one.

My PvP game has moved on from HC's entirely. I tried Thorn once I got it again a while back and it's still my most comfortable HC even when needed into the ground.

Advertisement