Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Competitions - Boards Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If memory serves, the vendor Palindrome is God Roll, or near enough as makes no difference. Tyson, if you like and can use HC's go for that one.

Having Rifled Barrel, giving it range at 62 (along with its other base stats) make it damned good.

I'm still hoping Shaxx will give me a better one at some point - would love:

SureShot IS
    OutLaw/Icarus
    Rifled Barrel (only perk in that column to aim for, imo)
    Hidden Hand/Reactive Reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Palindrone - Hand Cannon on sale from crucible quarter master, great gun with a very good roll.
    The Waltz - Future War Cult Pulse Rifle - not sure about the roll on this but it is the Clever Dragon archetype.
    Heard Chaotic Neutral is a good LMG too, again from the crucible quarter master.

There's that shotgun from Dead orbit as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    There's that shotgun from Dead orbit as well.

Yup and if I remember rightly the Heavy from New Monarchy isnt too bad either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    My PvP game has moved on from HC's entirely. I tried Thorn once I got it again a while back and it's still my most comfortable HC even when needed into the ground.

I haven't used HC's in so long I wouldn't go near em now, even if one in particular is meta. If I was to look at my stats, I'd say Thorn is still my most used highest kill count weapon in the game.

Embarrassing side note: It took my then 2 year old daughter to show me that The Last Word's perk 'Rapid Fire' actually meant 'Full Auto'. Up to that point I'd been constantly pulling the trigger button, then she asks to have a go, holds the trigger down and completely empties the clip. :o

I haven't used HC's in so long I wouldn't go near em now, even if one in particular is meta. If I was to look at my stats, I'd say Thorn is still my most used highest kill count weapon in the game.

Embarrassing side note: It took my then 2 year old daughter to show me that The Last Word's perk 'Rapid Fire' actually meant 'Full Auto'. Up to that point I'd been constantly pulling the trigger button, then she asks to have a go, holds the trigger down and completely empties the clip. :o

For the first few KF runs, Generic didn't realise Touch of Malice was full auto - so he was getting repetitive strain issues at the sisters!

I'm a big fan of hand cannons, where the maps allow it. Have a Finnalas Peril with Rifled and Icarus which I am loving at the moment. Palindrome beats it for stability, but I don't think stability is much of an issue with hand cannons (as you should be letting them come back to rest anyway, so the recoil direction/velocity shouldn't be a big deal.

• Advertisement

Generic was getting repetitive strain issues at the sisters!

8fm6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was going f**king HAM on the R2 button. Might have explained at least one of the replacement pads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

For the first few KF runs, Generic didn't realise Touch of Malice was full auto - so he was getting repetitive strain issues at the sisters!

I'm a big fan of hand cannons, where the maps allow it. Have a Finnalas Peril with Rifled and Icarus which I am loving at the moment. Palindrome beats it for stability, but I don't think stability is much of an issue with hand cannons (as you should be letting them come back to rest anyway, so the recoil direction/velocity shouldn't be a big deal.

Was bored the other night so I pull out the Ace of Spades, having never used it. It's actually a solid enough HC, almost identical base stats to the Palindrome. Slightly less base stability, but slightly better range and reload. Very usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Embarrassing side note: It took my then 2 year old daughter to show me that The Last Word's perk 'Rapid Fire' actually meant 'Full Auto'. Up to that point I'd been constantly pulling the trigger button, then she asks to have a go, holds the trigger down and completely empties the clip.

Um... Full auto what now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads I'd sign up for this but I'm I've only got the game and levelling up, likely to get slaughtered but if there's uneven teams I can jump in.

The gunsmith, make sure you rank that guy up.

So far we have 23 players, almost 6 teams of 4. Think we should leave it open until Sat/Sun and then take it from there. Was thinking we could play 5 rounds of 7 minute clash and get awarded a point for each round won which would hopefully keep it as close as possible.

Thats only about 40mins and say a round of regular crucible to warm up and you're still done in an hour. If we each can play once a week then no hassles and it would be all over in 5 weeks.

• Advertisement

Um... Full auto what now?!

Whip it :eek: out and just hold that trigger. :D

Whip it out and just hold that trigger.

Ah ffs... And this after my totes scarleh' momo with the Vex...

This song might or might not be appropriate.

what about the Vex?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

what about the Vex?

He didn't know they were robots.

what about the Vex?

I didn't know that was full auto for months either. :/

He didn't know they were robots.

Some of them don't even know they're robots...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I*'d like to sign up.

*May not be me**. Let's just say it could be a younger version of me at the controls.

**Because. I. Suck. At. PVP.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I*'d like to sign up.

*May not be me**. Let's just say it could be a younger version of me at the controls.

Ah jaysus, Jonny 2.0

Yakuza wrote: »
    I*'d like to sign up.

Nope! I'm putting age restrictions on this.

Because I have seen the pvp carnage your kid inflicts! I ain't dealing with that!

• Advertisement

Nope! I'm putting age restrictions on this.

Because I have seen the pvp carnage your kid inflicts! I ain't dealing with that!

Too late, I've added him to the chat. However, please note that games commence no earlier than 10pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah jaysus, Jonny 2.0

Hey now, you lads are just lucky I didnt put nathan on the opposite team to you..... youd know all about it then :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hey now, you lads are just lucky I didnt put nathan on the opposite team to you..... youd know all about it then :P

Yeah well, when we are running it this weekend, we want a running commentary from you over party chat, so we can prove it's you playing and not Nathan. Silence is Golden, but in Nathan's case, it's also fupping deadly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How are we supposed to be making fair teams so if people are account-sharing? ELO being wildly misleading in that instance and all that? :confused:

How are we supposed to be making fair teams so if people are account-sharing? ELO being wildly misleading in that instance and all that? :confused:

It'll be grand, I've been intentionally losing in crucible for months in anticipation of this going ahead. Elo at an all time low.

Another option would be to give them the group average under each game type and work from there.

Yeah well, when we are running it this weekend, we want a running commentary from you over party chat, so we can prove it's you playing and not Nathan. Silence is Golden, but in Nathan's case, it's also fupping deadly. :D

I will only see nathan on Sunday this week so yis are safe :D

Ah my ELO is only up on Trials and Supremacy and elimination because of nathan and he hasnt acted touched the PS4 in months cos I have the xbox in the house now too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have we got even numbers now? Could draw teams

Ah my ELO is only up on Trials and Supremacy and elimination because of nathan and he hasnt acted touched the PS4 in months cos I have the xbox in the house now too :D

Clash, Control, Rift and Iron Banner are used to calculate an average elo.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Have we got even numbers now? Could draw teams

Yep we curently have 24 so that will make 6 teams of 4, I was going to leave it open until the weekend and then pick teams and game schedule. I say we lock it at this unless we actually get another complete team of 3 rather than change team size across the board. It's been known long enough at this stage.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Clash, Control, Rift and Iron Banner are used to calculate an average elo.

So his ELO makes no difference to me :cool:

• Advertisement

So his ELO makes no difference to me :cool:

Yep, you'll only be limited by your own ability now jonny, no excuses :D

Advertisement