Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for BER cert?

Options
  • 13-09-2016 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a BER cert in the north Kildare/South Dublin area?

House built in 06.

Apparently needed for sale of house.

Any idea of prices I should expect etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You want a basic BER cert.
    Its a bit of a stupid requirement- because something as simple as changing your light bulbs can significantly affect its rating.

We don't allow personal recommendations on thread- but price wise, I've seen two people in Leixlip and Maynooth pay 100 and 125 for certs recently (which is probably on the low side of normal).

It is not a structural survey- or anything like it- nor does it cost akin to one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Any recommendations for a BER cert in the north Kildare/South Dublin area?

House built in 06.

Apparently needed for sale of house.

Any idea of prices I should expect etc?
    You want a basic BER cert.
    Its a bit of a stupid requirement- because something as simple as changing your light bulbs can significantly affect its rating.

We don't allow personal recommendations on thread- but price wise, I've seen two people in Leixlip and Maynooth pay 100 and 125 for certs recently (which is probably on the low side of normal).

It is not a structural survey- or anything like it- nor does it cost akin to one.

+1

Typical 3 bed semi should cost about €150ish when you include VAT for a BER. Its required for sale under a Particular SI, its also required for renting out the property.

It will give the new owners advice on how they can up the rating etc

You can get a list of people from the SEAI website, so you can pick from people local to you, call them for a quote and pick from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Thanks for the replies.

Seems like another unneeded layer of bureaucracy to me, but I know its gotta be done.

Anyway, I've fired off all relevant details to tradesmen.ie for a quote.

Didn't realise they covered the likes of that.

Advertisement