Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one really popular band/artist that you simply can't grow to like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

JoannieG wrote: »
    U2 - can't see what others see in them.

Agreed

Also King's of Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Guns 'n Roses

Whoah oh oh oh sweet child of...argh my ears, turn that absolute ball of cheesy crap off. Played every night in every establishment I went to from my youth right up. Queue an onslaught of culchies playing air guitar...cringe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - stupid name, stupid songs and the lead singer sounds like he's singing with his tongue sticking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Same here!
    As already stated, never got U2,always thought the Frank and Walters were a much better band in all respects!(they both hit the scene about the same time) and think Coldplay are the most depressing and boring band around!
    Neither have a vocalist,and the one backing track would account for 95% of their musak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Coldplay

They were once described to me as "Jeremy Clarkson Rock".

Boring,boring stuff.
    The only band that I dislike more is Kodaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

invicta wrote: »
    Same here!
    As already stated, never got U2,always thought the Frank and Walters were a much better band in all respects!(they both hit the scene about the same time)

U2 hit the scene around when I was born while the Franks not till I went to secondary school, much prefer the Frank and Walters but dont dislike everything U2 have done.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Coldplay

They were once described to me as "Jeremy Clarkson Rock".

Boring,boring stuff.
    The only band that I dislike more is Kodaline.

Re: Kodaline

EA9CEF15-1B9A-4475-9B71-339630B7B7C2_zpsamjswsej.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

EA9CEF15-1B9A-4475-9B71-339630B7B7C2_zpsamjswsej.png[/QUOTE]

Jaysus, sounds great to me :p

(replace 'X Factor with 'Match of the Day')

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SoloOwners

Yeah...
    Well what about the bands that I absolutely love when they debuted and then hated as they hit their stride and went off the rails in "new directions"? The Beatles come to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Kadser

As already mentioned, Talking Heads. Yer man can't sing they're just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Their first two albums Iron Maiden and Killers was a lot heavier and rawer with their first singer Paul Di'anno. With a user name like yourself, you just got to be a Wishbone Ash fan, am I right. :)

Afraid not! Just a madey up username. Maybe it's a sign from the Gods that I should listen to them!

Advertisement