Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving other cars extension [DOC].

• 13-09-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

My car insurance is comprehensive with a DOC extension.

I hold a full motorcycle licence but don't own one.

I notice that my DOC extension does not extend to cover riding motorcycles.

Is there any problem about getting a DOC extension on car insurance to cover riding motorcycles ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    My car insurance is comprehensive with a DOC extension.

I hold a full motorcycle licence but don't own one.

I notice that my DOC extension does not extend to cover riding motorcycles.

Is there any problem about getting a DOC extension on car insurance to cover riding motorcycles ?

There is no problem, you just won't get it.

Driving of other cars is just that, driving other cars, not driving anything with an engine.

I'd be very surprised if you can find any insurer, certainly in Ireland, that would allow this.

The only scenario i can think of is if the company that holds your car insurance also insures motorbikes. The motorbike insurance market is very narrow over here so i don't know if that's an option.

Best bet is to try a couple of brokers and see what they can do but I'd say you face an unwinnable quest.

Advertisement