Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBike recommendations

Options
  • 13-09-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

I'm currently looking at getting back into cycling as a commuter. My cycle is about 5 kilometres each way and has a slight gradient uphill on the way home.

After renting an assisted ebike on holidays in Munich I found them great for getting around town with minimum fuss.

Can anyone recommend one in and around 1000 Euro ? the only one I've found close was the G-Tech eBike which only has one gear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm currently looking at getting back into cycling as a commuter. My cycle is about 5 kilometres each way and has a slight gradient uphill on the way home.

After renting an assisted ebike on holidays in Munich I found them great for getting around town with minimum fuss.

Can anyone recommend one in and around 1000 Euro ? the only one I've found close was the G-Tech eBike which only has one gear.

For 10km commute without any heavy loads etc Imnot sure if its worth getting an ebike. Youll get fit enough after few months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

We have an ebike but generally our trips are a lot further - 15km. To be honest I wouldn't bother with one for a 5km one, just take your time. They're quite heavy (due to battery) and our one was €2.4k. Maybe see if you can get a loan of a regular bike to try the 5km journey on and see how it works out first?

Advertisement