If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lg blu-ray player ?

Options
  • 13-09-2016 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi- I see you don't stock these any more.. Has LG stopped producing them or is there another reason you don't sell them anymore ?

Reason for question is that I recently got an LG smart TV and I am very impressed with the smart functionality ( the amount of apps for various countries) and was hoping to buy a blu ray player with access to the same app store in order to smarten up another TV .

The LG smart functionality is so much easier to use than an android box.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi- I see you don't stock these any more.. Has LG stopped producing them or is there another reason you don't sell them anymore ?

Reason for question is that I recently got an LG smart TV and I am very impressed with the smart functionality ( the amount of apps for various countries) and was hoping to buy a blu ray player with access to the same app store in order to smarten up another TV .

Thanks
    HI Happy_Harry, thanks for the post

Unfortunately we don't have the LG blurays listed for stock, and to be honest I don't know why we don't have them available to us. I do agree with you that the LG smart platform is one of the better ones
    Would you be interested in any other manufacturer, or are you purely looking for LG?

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Thanks

Unfortunately we don't have the LG blurays listed for stock, and to be honest I don't know why we don't have them available to us. I do agree with you that the LG smart platform is one of the better ones
    Would you be interested in any other manufacturer, or are you purely looking for LG?

Regards
    Brian
    It is not so much of a big deal, but my 2 main TVs I have now are LGs, I have one LG Blu-ray, which I would call semi-smart (I can watch netflix but that is about it) and I thought it would be neat to have LG TVs and blu-rays- should save me a remote lying around.

Do you have/know of any other blu-rays that have a very good smart functionality ? What impressed me most about the TV was that by simply switching country settings I have all apps for that country available- and there seems be to loads of apps.

And yes, main purpose would be to have smart functionality using the one remote, don't watch too many Blu-rays

BTW it is very hard to find any LG Blu-ray from 2015 or newer anywhere online, so maybe they have stopped production ?

Thanks

Thanks

Regards
    Brian
    It is not so much of a big deal, but my 2 main TVs I have now are LGs, I have one LG Blu-ray, which I would call semi-smart (I can watch netflix but that is about it) and I thought it would be neat to have LG TVs and blu-rays- should save me a remote lying around.

Do you have/know of any other blu-rays that have a very good smart functionality ? What impressed me most about the TV was that by simply switching country settings I have all apps for that country available- and there seems be to loads of apps.

And yes, main purpose would be to have smart functionality using the one remote, don't watch too many Blu-rays

BTW it is very hard to find any LG Blu-ray from 2015 or newer anywhere online, so maybe they have stopped production ?

Thanks
    HI Happy_harry

They do have some blurays listed on their website, so I'm pretty sure they are current, but not sure if they're for UK market or what the story is.

Our other main blurays would be the samsung range, which use android for the dmart platform, or Panasonic which use their own platform, which is slightly restricted compared to the android but still would have the majority of the main apps

The Panasonics start with the DMPBD84 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201958-dmpbd84eb.aspx at £59/€79 and the Samsungs start at the BDH6500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200443-bdh6500.aspx at £84.95/€119 although this one os unavailable for shipping at present

Regards
    Brian

Thanks Brian.. do you have any working in the shop, so I could come and see the interface ?

Thanks Brian.. do you have any working in the shop, so I could come and see the interface ?
    Yea we have a fair amount out on display, so it wouldn't take much to hook one up to a TV on display to let you see it.

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks Brian, next time I'm up North I will drop in.

Cool, thanks Brian, next time I'm up North I will drop in.
    No probs, see you then

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.