Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lance chickens out.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

If anyone hasn't already burnt their copy of "It's Not About the Bike", outside the RDS on 21st October might be a good opportunity. Any old Livestrong gear could be added to the bonfire.

I only bought mine last year (second hand of course). Fascinating to read it for a first time after we know the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

1bryan wrote: »
    he was still innocent back then!

no he wasn't .. he did it , he even admitted it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AndyPandy123

It's crazy the amount of fans Armstrong still has.
    Wouldn't pay a cent to listen to this narcissistic piece of work justify his existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

If I had a free ticket, I'd ask Armstrong if he wished he was around today so he could take advantage of the generous TUE allowance allowed by WADA and backed up by Travis Tygaart given what was released today by the WADA hack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

he was still innocent back then!

We knew enough I was badgered by a workmate to go and refused. Explained why. Got dogs abuse for it and laughed at. Hardened my resolve. Still glad I didn't go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

no he wasn't .. he did it , he even admitted it

eh, I put a "!" at the end of my post

was it a bit too subtle for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

eh, I put a "!" at the end of my post

was it a bit too subtle for you?
    that's an exclamation mark , maybe you should learn when to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

that's an exclamation mark , maybe you should learn when to use it

ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Looks like Paul was rather shocked at first, his first message seems very defensive. By the time he replies again, he's thinking about it...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/heres-a-thought-lance-armstrong-challenges-journalist-paul-kimmage-to-a-dublin-showdown-35085636.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Paul would be better off staying away.We all know Armstrong is a drugs cheat.Armstrong is only trying to get Kimmage to do the interview to make himself more important.What benefit will it do Kimmage?? We already know he's a great writer,is'nt afraid to stand up to bullys and was a fine sportsman in his day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Ewan MacKenna the journalist who was lined up for the interview has tweeted he'd be happy to step aside for the Kimmage V Armstrong.
    This has all the excitement of a McGregor press conference!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Ototh which is a more interesting offer & one more likely to turn up again - do a one-on-one with Lance Armstrong or for instance some long exclusive interview getting into the nuts and bolts of what it is that makes Joe Brolly the genius that is Joe Brolly?

To add, while it's still very plausible to me that LA does everything very much with his own perceived best interests at heart, it's still a gutsy enough offer to make as he's certainly putting himself in line for a far more uncomfortable & confrontational evening than he would have otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

Ticket sales must be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paul would be better off staying away.We all know Armstrong is a drugs cheat.Armstrong is only trying to get Kimmage to do the interview to make himself more important.What benefit will it do Kimmage?? We already know he's a great writer,is'nt afraid to stand up to bullys and was a fine sportsman in his day.

agree, kimmage has that youtube clip and that should be enough! to link up with Armstrong for an interview will be pantomime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

That whole conference is just a festival of bull****.
    He will be the steaming pile of crap at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

It's not about the legacy of Kimmage or what's in it for him, this is more to the point of an interviewer who is qualified to interview Armstrong.
    I had a fear that this event would be similar to the Wiggans/Marr interview, but with the likes of Kimmage or Walsh they would probe where Oprah failed.

Armstong has thrown it out there, it has to happen! Oh I can just imagine the One Zero guys jumping for joy when LA sent that tweet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Kimmage was on the Last Word on Monday with the organiser. Was an interesting, and valid, take on it. Also played a podcast clip that Armstrong did with the actor who played him the Walsh movie (complete idiot, based on that!)

My remaining issue with Armstrong isn't the cheating, it's even at this stage he won't come completely clean about it. Even the likes of Digger are perpetuating the myth that the lifetime ban compared to what the others got is harsh and just because it's Lance etc. No, the others got the 6 months ban for cooperating with the USADA investigation. Armstrong refused, even when the writing was on the wall. That's why he got the lifetime ban. If he'd been man enough to hold his hands up, there's probably a chance he might even have kept a Tour de France title or two, and most likely would be lining up in Kona Saturday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Dow99 wrote: »
    It's not about the legacy of Kimmage or what's in it for him, this is more to the point of an interviewer who is qualified to interview Armstrong.
    I had a fear that this event would be similar to the Wiggans/Marr interview, but with the likes of Kimmage or Walsh they would probe where Oprah failed.

Armstong has thrown it out there, it has to happen! Oh I can just imagine the One Zero guys jumping for joy when LA sent that tweet!!!!

Walsh is a ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

velo.2010 wrote: »
    So the last time Lance was in town, he did the famous ride in the Phoenix park... some seven years ago now! Damn, where does the time go?

I thought your story was going to end with Lance giving you a can of Coca-Cola :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I thought your story was going to end with Lance giving you a can of Coca-Cola :D:D
    Cortisone injection in the thigh for hayfever?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Iron Maiden tickets on sale Friday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Just checked Twitter.... Still no notification of a cycle in the Phoenix Park! Would anyone turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Just checked Twitter.... Still no notification of a cycle in the Phoenix Park! Would anyone turn up?
    To run him over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Best comment I've seen so far on the whole LA/PK thing

"In fairness to Armstrong, he has some ball challenging Kimmage. "

Credit to Plutonium7 in the comments section on the lndo report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/784286385582714880

Might be worth a listen as long as they stick to how they've previously discussed the man, although I don't think they got too long to interview him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ThisRegard wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/784286385582714880

Might be worth a listen as long as they stick to how they've previously discussed the man, although I don't think they got too long to interview him.

They'll fawn over him.
    OTB is all about them, they are a bunch of self important tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Armstrong on Off the Ball... there's gotta be a great joke in there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Is Gilroy doing the interview ? He's well educated on the topic but don't think I've heard him do confrontational interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

terrydel wrote: »
    They'll fawn over him.
    OTB is all about them, they are a bunch of self important tossers.

Nah, they never took a soft line on him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nah, they never took a soft line on him.

but have they every spoken to him directly?

Advertisement