Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Gutted!! Really wanted bonobo for ep! Not going this year due to me trying to adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Great additions to what I feel is an already excellent lineup. Im clearly in the minority but this is shaping up to be a dream festival for me! Metronomy and Lambchop, two of my absolute favourite acts, are headlining. Vitalic, Hundred Waters, Anna Merideth, Bonobo, New Jackson, Austra, AEMak, Talos, Loah, Parcels, DBFC, Avalon Emerson, Rufus, Weval, LaFemme, Idiotape, Formation, Moonlandingz. Songhoy Blues, Birdy Nam Nam - its all great stuff! A lot of the rest I don't know yet but what little I've heard sounds promising, particularly Sinkane, Kelsey Lu and now Skott. There's just a couple of acts on the list so far that I will be avoiding. Overall it seems like a really well curated selection of acts and I'm very much looking forward to Friday 23rd June. That said I wouldn't complain at all if Goldfrapp, The National and a few more decided to pop over from Glastonbury!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BikesKilleen

Looking like Bonobo will close the show on the Sunday as he's playing in Holland from the 23rd-25th

Metronomy Friday, Vitalic Saturday, Bonobo Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Looking like Bonobo will close the show on the Sunday as he's playing in Holland from the 23rd-25th

are those 2 definitely headlining those nights?

He's playing in Bristol on the Wednesday, and Glastonbury some night, so I'd imagine he'd do those and B&S together, then go to Netherlands on Sunday, as he's playing in Denmark and Belgium after that.

• Advertisement

are those 2 definitely headlining those nights?

He's playing in Bristol on the Wednesday, and Glastonbury some night, so I'd imagine he'd do those and B&S together, then go to Netherlands on Sunday, as he's playing in Denmark and Belgium after that.

Just my own guesses. Bonobo is on the Friday at Down The Rabbit Hole festival in NL according to their timetable. So that leaves either Sat or Sunday

Vitalic is on the Saturday according to his tour dates but I have a feeling he might not be on the main stage.

Not too sure on Metronomys dates though.

Edit: Just checked Lambchops dates and they're down for the Saturday. So either them or Vitalic on main stage Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Some other music additions mentioned by Nialler 9:
    The Bulmers Lounge will host Stephen James Smith, RED PILL Poetry Collective, John Cummins, The Tullamore Rhymers Club, Moth & Butterfly, and MissElayneous & DJ FunkTom, The Jimmy Cake, Fixity, Cranky Face, Percolator, The Ocelots, SYLK, Character Development Cypher, Liam & Hajime with Stephen Heffernan, and The Bonny Men.

And other stuff:
    Theatrical performances: Waterford playwright Conor Clancy’s ‘Will It Fit In A Van?’ about a poorly run drug distribution in a small fictional town delves into kidnappings, murder, biscuits, beloved horses, the clergy and a very important chipper!; while ‘Fizzy Drinks with Two Straws’, a play for anyone who has ever been told “you’re too young to understand”, comes to Body&Soul from Scene & Heard Festival and Theatre Upstairs.

Wonderlust’s line-up of live music, performance, conversations, talks and workshops in the walled garden will include Katie Kim and Crash Ensemble, while Women on Walls brings its movement to Ballinlough where Accenture’s Eithne Harley, Royal Irish Academy’s Pauric Dempsey and TCD’s Professor Lydia Lynch will discuss how underrepresentation of women in the RIA’s official portraits led them to take positive action and commission several female portraits now on permanent display at Academy House.

new to this year: The Library of Progress is a positive subversion of The Library of Congress, the United States’ repository of some of humanity’s greatest works and the largest library in the world. Highlights include Beats and Rhymes with Emmet Kirwan, a blitz of spoken word and hip hop performances and FACTION, hard-hitting political debate with Blindboy BoatClub of Rubberbandits.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Some other music additions mentioned by Nialler 9:

And other stuff:

The Jimmy Cake is another serious addition seen them I think at EP 2007 when they replaced Dan Deacon who had cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I didn't expect one announcement of 5 acts to make me totally reconsider going to this, but there you have it.

Bonobo, New Jackson and Talos are top class additions.

Great little announcement in fairness, will definitely be going to each of those 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Great little announcement in fairness, will definitely be going to each of those 3!

Caught Talos at St Luke's Church in Cork last week - stunning show.

On the right stage at the right time of day, it could be a festival highlight IMO.

• Advertisement

He is down for Saturday on his website, he is rumoured to be playing Glastonbury on Sunday. http://bonobomusic.com/#tour

Listening to Bonobo's North Borders live album, looking forward to this, excellent chill stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Don't want to de-rail the music discussion here, but I'm just wondering, if one wanted to dabble in some psychedelics (lsd/mushrooms) at this, would they be difficult to find?

Only come across lsd once in my life at a strange hippie festival in Australia but it was amazing!

Yeah yeah I know I keep raving about this guy Bonobo but this is from just under a month and a half ago in Glasgow, this would be a good representation of what his live show looks like. If he is closing the main stage we'll get the hour and a half set like this video clip and if he is subbing he will probably be doing an hour set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

CM24 wrote: »
    Don't want to de-rail the music discussion here, but I'm just wondering, if one wanted to dabble in some psychedelics (lsd/mushrooms) at this, would they be difficult to find?

Only come across lsd once in my life at a strange hippie festival in Australia but it was amazing!

Not really, the main campsite and the woods in general would be the place to go, there's usually a few unofficial chemists wandering about the place. :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Not really, the main campsite and the woods in general would be the place to go, there's usually a few unofficial chemists wandering about the place. :D:eek:

There's also usually a fair few undercover cops too..

I'd be inclined to advise the op not to be asking randomers for acid or shrooms..

B&S really isn't that kinda festival imho...

UsedToWait wrote: »

I'd be inclined to advise the op not to be asking randomers for acid or shrooms..

There was last year alright with the capacity increase, but B&S has always been a bit of a counter culture fest. There will be upper class D4 types at it alright but also a lot of harmless loopers. You just need to look at the actual festival crew, some of them have been to Mars and back, half the crew would be crusties and new agers that found employment working the festivals in the summer and more power to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I agree he shouldn't be asking around, but I had three LSD offers from different heads over the last weekend. Not cops either.

Keep the ears open and it'll be easy to find. The guys camping next to us were living in a kaleidoscope for half the weekend.
    Nice bunch.

• Advertisement

Aye, a friend of mine got nabbed for smoking a J before we hand finished setting up camp on Friday last year. Wasn't the best start to his weekend. Court appearance and a fine..

I'm sure op find what he's looking for if he make friends with the right people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Shrooms are a rarity at Irish festivals I find

It would be lovely to get this spell of weather at the moment for Body & Soul as well after the wet one last year.

Man that would be nice if he was announced or Max Cooper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

My campervan isnt going to be ready for this festival but I have a camper ticket. Would I be ok to just throw a mattress in the back of a rented van? Would anyone care?

LG1234 wrote: »
    My campervan isnt going to be ready for this festival but I have a camper ticket. Would I be ok to just throw a mattress in the back of a rented van? Would anyone care?

The rules say no.

That said, the rules for EP around campervans also say no, and I see 'unsuitable' vans there constantly (pretty sure there was a couple sleeping in a horsebox last year).

That said, EP has a much larger campervan site, and therefore security are a bit more lazy with how strictly they enforce rules.

I haven't done campervan at B&S before, so maybe someone who has can say whether they've seen similar vans let in before.

The B&S FAQ says this, by the way:
    Ordinary commercial vehicles of any type will not be permitted so please do not purchase a campervan pass for anything other than a purpose-built or adapted live-in vehicle. We would define this as having its own in-built kitchen facilities and toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

MJohnston wrote: »
    The rules say no.

That said, the rules for EP around campervans also say no, and I see 'unsuitable' vans there constantly (pretty sure there was a couple sleeping in a horsebox last year).

That said, EP has a much larger campervan site, and therefore security are a bit more lazy with how strictly they enforce rules.

I haven't done campervan at B&S before, so maybe someone who has can say whether they've seen similar vans let in before.

The B&S FAQ says this, by the way:

Ye see that. Last year we had the camper and the lads letting us in only seemed to care about glass bottles when letting everyone else in. But I think I remember there being a couple of vans around the place. But can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is there much more to be added to the lineup? I like the idea of something like Daniel Avery or Max Cooper getting announced

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Is there much more to be added to the lineup? I like the idea of something like Daniel Avery or Max Cooper getting announced

They referred to the lineup on Twitter yesterday as "ever expanding" so they might add more stuff, but at this late stage I don't think it'll be anything big.

Advertisement