Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    The rules say no.

That said, the rules for EP around campervans also say no, and I see 'unsuitable' vans there constantly (pretty sure there was a couple sleeping in a horsebox last year).

That said, EP has a much larger campervan site, and therefore security are a bit more lazy with how strictly they enforce rules.

I haven't done campervan at B&S before, so maybe someone who has can say whether they've seen similar vans let in before.

The B&S FAQ says this, by the way:

Transit van with a couple of mattresses beside us in the campervan field last year. Reckon its not an issue.

That horsebox is there every year btw.. AFAIK, it has proper sleeping facilities just like a campervan, many of them do. I love that they have a full blown dinner table and chairs in the horse section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Just announced for the comedy stage:

Eleanor Tiernan
    Al Porter
    Andrew Stanley
    Fred Cooke
    Joanne McNally
    Karl Spain
    Allison Spittle
    Chris Kent
    Damien Clarke
    Colum McDonnell
    Niamh Marron
    Bingo Loco
    Dublin Improv
    Andrea Farrell

Not once have I made a comedy stage at any festival yet I love going to comedy gigs. It just doesn't strike me as something I'd like to do at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Not once have I made a comedy stage at any festival yet I love going to comedy gigs. It just doesn't strike me as something I'd like to do at a festival.

Same... Always see great names on comedy stage line ups and think "right I'll deffo go this time"... never happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Same, although at EP I blame its 'out of the way'-ness for that a bit. Still, I think when you're with a group, people are nearly always on the go at festivals and it feels weird to sit around for an hour.

That said, plenty of people go to them because the comedy tents I see are nearly always packed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MJohnston wrote: »
    Same, although at EP I blame its 'out of the way'-ness for that a bit. Still, I think when you're with a group, people are nearly always on the go at festivals and it feels weird to sit around for an hour.

That said, plenty of people go to them because the comedy tents I see are nearly always packed!

Yeah Dylan Moran's set last year at EP was packed out had to content myself with one of the screens outside the tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Saw Foil, Arms and Hog in the comedy tent for the first time at Body and Soul 2015. Was crying with laughter for about 40 minutes. It's a great early day activity I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chris Kent is an absolutely fantastic comedian. Have seen him twice over the past few years, and each time he was amazing. Definitely will be heading to see him this year.

Think I've seen Collum McDonnell and Damien Clarke as well at some comedy nights, and both were solid acts.

I think the comedy is a nice day time addition, tbh.

PARTY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

PARTY!

Starting early BD :D

I see B&S have extended the installment system until June 17th, you'd imagine they're have problems shifting tickets still.

Bonobo etc should give sales a bit of a lift, will be interesting to see if it's less crowded than last year on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BikesKilleen

Post on the FB page about possibly opening the Us&You and general campsites up on the Thursday for an extra 20 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I see B&S have extended the installment system until June 17th, you'd imagine they're have problems shifting tickets still.

I think that is a given , extension of tier 2, extension of installment, endless endless tweets. Reason is lack of high profile headline acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Just noticed a few DJs like Robert Hood, Steffi and Virgina are playing in Ireland the same weekend as B&S.
    Not a bad start to the lineup for the Absolute stage ****robot, DJ Decce.. http://nialler9.com/absolut-midsommar-dj-lineup-for-bodysoul/

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Spied a few comments on FB from Body & Soul yesterday

For family campers who had trouble last year:
    It's in a whole new area separate to the general and us&you camping.
    Family camping has its own entrance this year at the other side of the site which should help with traffic!

And also Sunday tickets going on sale May 23rd

I had no idea that Bonobo had played EP before I just noticed he played in the 2010 line up and on very early in Sunday afternoon, so probably watched him but wasn't aware of who they were at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Was at that, good chilled out gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is there still the ridiculous rule in the fine print that you're not allowed to bring your own booze to the festival? So I can't really go in and out to my car each day to collect cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Isn't it usually that you have to bring it all in on the first go?

Go out to the car and drink a few cans or just pay inside.[/quote]
    Not sure, I haven't been to B&S in a few years so can't rememeber exactly - I think I remember having to hide my cans in my bag one year but I could be mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dulux99 wrote: »
    Not sure, I haven't been to B&S in a few years so can't rememeber exactly - I think I remember having to hide my cans in my bag one year but I could be mistaken

Taken directly from the website FAQ:
    How much alcohol am I allowed to bring with me? Each individual is permitted to bring:
    EACH INDIVIDUAL IS PERMITTED:
    24 X 500 m"l cans of beer, cider or ready mix drinks
    Or
    1 X 750ml bottle of spirits
    Or
    3 bottles of wine (decanted into a plastic bottle) / or 1 x 2 litre wine box
    NOTE: No alcohol permitted on Sunday day passes.
    1. This applies to all ticket holders, performers and event staff.
    2. You will be checked at point of wrist-banding.
    3. Absolutely no re-entry with alcohol once wrist-banded.
    4. Sunday ticket holders are not permitted to bring any alcohol – it will be confiscated at point of wrist-banding.

You can bring your drink into the arena wherever you want. The past two years I've went they weren't enforcing any of the above drink limits too strictly on entry.

• Advertisement

That is definitely not a thing! Taken from the FAQ section on their website:

"Each individual is permitted to bring:

EACH INDIVIDUAL IS PERMITTED:

24 X 500 ml cans of beer, cider or ready mix drinks

Or

1 X 750ml bottle of spirits

Or

3 bottles of wine (decanted into a plastic bottle) / or 1 x 2 litre wine box

NOTE: No alcohol permitted on Sunday day passes.

This applies to all ticket holders, performers and event staff.
    You will be checked at point of wrist-banding.
    Absolutely no re-entry with alcohol once wrist-banded.
    Sunday ticket holders are not permitted to bring any alcohol – it will be confiscated at point of wrist-banding."

Perfect lads thanks - the 24 cans on entry is the rule I was thinking of!

Perfect lads thanks - the 24 cans on entry is the rule I was thinking of!
    I've found that depending on what time you arrive, it differs with how strict they enforce this rule.

If you arrive at peak times where the volume of people going through the gates is fairly high, you can get away with more. A friend of mine arrived down a bit later last year with cans for himself and his gf who was already inside and he was told that only 1 crate could go through.

With the free flow policy, 24 cans over a weekend can vanish pretty quick ;)

Yeah I imagine i'd be able to slip in another 8 cans on the saturday once I catch the security lads in the right mood...one last question lads, does anyone know anything about the lockers? Checked the b&s website and it sends you to an invalid link for more information on them. Anyone know how much they are for the weekend etc? Wouldn't fancy leaving my keys in the tent

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is there a nialler9 spoifty playlist yet? He usually has the best festival playlist going that includes everyone playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Really enjoying New Jackson and Talos' latest albums. Excitement is well and truly kicking in with 5 weeks to go.

Mini bus organised, gazebo purchased. Just waiting for set times to be released so I can get the highlighter out!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

That sunshine has me absolutely itching for Body & Soul to roll round. Hopefully no wash out like Sunday last year. Been listening to a lot of Rüfüs and they'd be perfect in the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Can anyone recommend some electronic acts? Have been listening to Vitalic who are good. Would usually listen to Kiasmos, Jon Hopkins, Chemical Brothers - something along them lines?

• Advertisement

LG1234 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some electronic acts? Have been listening to Vitalic who are good. Would usually listen to Kiasmos, Jon Hopkins, Chemical Brothers - something along them lines?

Just look back over the thread dude

Advertisement