Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hi, is a name change necessary if buying a ticket third party / from toutless etc?
    I've seen people say on toutless that they'll do a name change for x amount extra?

Not sure, this is the first year they've had this system so it's hard to say. And they are charging €10 to change the name on the ticket

But I'd be very surprised if they were turning away people with valid scanning tickets, especially as they seem to be struggling to shift tickets. Don't take that as gospel though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone travelling from Galway to Ballinlough on the 19th June Monday, will contribute towards fuel cost etc, thanks if you can help. :) Volunteering the Tuesday and Wednesday before the festival. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

Some of the stage times (mainly Midnight Circus) now live on that Muddy app.
    This drip feeding of information is very annoying. Just release everything together in an easy to read format.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Weather forecast is heating up pretty nicely - 18 on Friday, 19/20 on Saturday, 17 on Sunday. Unfortunately the chance of rain has also increased a little bit, Friday looks dry, but Saturday could have showers all day long, with some medium rain on Sunday afternoon into the evening.

Still plenty could change right up until Friday though, especially still over a week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

4th time in a row at B&S - can I just say that reading the board.ie B&S thread from about 2-3 weeks out, is a quintessential part of basking in anticipation of the actual festival weekend - incl. the repetitive alc/glass questions, the speculation over the fickle weather on such a small island where it can change thrice within 45 min, and especially the great suggestions on pre-listening to tunes to get into the swing of it.

Add to it my 5 days in a steady 27 degrees country until Thursday just ahead of B&S, and I just can't wait.

Stay safe (but not too much).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Agreed.
    What a **** app too.
    Gives you the time of an act but not the day it's on in your schedule / doesn't split each day out each day in the schedule.

If only someone filled in a clashfinder, someone else might make an app

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

dadoffay wrote: »
    4th time in a row at B&S - can I just say that reading the board.ie B&S thread from about 2-3 weeks out, is a quintessential part of basking in anticipation of the actual festival weekend - incl. the repetitive alc/glass questions, the speculation over the fickle weather on such a small island where it can change thrice within 45 min, and especially the great suggestions on pre-listening to tunes to get into the swing of it.

Bodhrandude's reviews are always a great way to get you pumped!

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/body-soul-2016-festival-review/

Bodhrandude's reviews are always a great way to get you pumped!

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/body-soul-2016-festival-review/

Thanks Freddie for yer recommendation. :) I'm probably going to read this all over again now to get my excitement level up again ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone have the midnight circus times to save me downloading the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Select 'Stage Times' from bottom tool bar, then select 'Times' from upper tool bar. Now you see an ordered list of acts and times for each day. Pity it couldn't be further ordered by stage.

Started putting together a clashfinder as the app is not user friendly at all.

https://clashfinder.com/s/bodysoul2017/

I wouldn't post 2 weather forecasts twice in the same day, but HOLY **** - GFS charts are currently showing 24 degrees on Friday, 22 on Saturday, 22 on Sunday. No rain until midnight Sunday/Monday.

That'll definitely change again by the time the next run comes around, but DARE TO DREAM (and pack suncream)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Started putting together a clashfinder as the app is not user friendly at all.

https://clashfinder.com/s/bodysoul2017/

Are the times right atm or is that just a rough guide? Avalon Emerson is playing less than an hour which doesn't seem right, unless herself and Optimo are doing a B2B for a bit because of Optimo20?

MJohnston wrote: »
    I wouldn't post 2 weather forecasts twice in the same day, but HOLY **** - GFS charts are currently showing 24 degrees on Friday, 22 on Saturday, 22 on Sunday. No rain until midnight Sunday/Monday.

That'll definitely change again by the time the next run comes around, but DARE TO DREAM (and pack suncream)

Or maybe bring a sky brush to sweep the clouds away and a special vacuum cleaner to suck up the wind. :)

MJohnston wrote: »

Are you sure about these figures? I had a look and I am only seeing mediocre temps.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Are the times right atm or is that just a rough guide? Avalon Emerson is playing less than an hour which doesn't seem right, unless herself and Optimo are doing a B2B for a bit because of Optimo20?

Yeah according to the app she is only playing for an hour. Wish DBFC were playing on the main stage in the late afternoon sometime, would hate if they clashed with one of the headliners.

Are you sure about these figures? I had a look and I am only seeing mediocre temps.

Yep:

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Ok I must be doing something wrong but this is what I see.

Ok I must be doing something wrong but this is what I see.

That's the older run from today (top left it says 06Z which is a timestamp). Like I said, it'll easily switch back and forth a lot over the next week, and personally I'd hate that level of heat while camping, but it'll be nice if it's dry at least!

• Advertisement

Ok my bad. I was looking at older charts. I'm glad ur right MJohnston!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

If only we had this weather next weekend!

Also - when will the rest of the stage times be out? Definitely later than usual :rolleyes:

I've been charging up loads of things today, I'm due on the festival site next Monday and start work on Tuesday morning, bring it on. Just have to charge the cameras, toothbrush, and weed vaporiser :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Are the stage times out for this yet? It's less than a week before and I can't find then anywhere.

Also can't believe I paid 200quid for a ticket for THAT line up, it's taking the piss really

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Those that have been before, are you able to bring cans into main area while bars are still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Those that have been before, are you able to bring cans into main area while bars are still open.

Yep once you get your alcohol in past ticket/wristband exchange you won't be checked again for alcohol, free flow policy into the main arena at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BikesKilleen

LG1234 wrote: »
    Are the stage times out for this yet? It's less than a week before and I can't find then anywhere.

Also can't believe I paid 200quid for a ticket for THAT line up, it's taking the piss really

Stage times for Midnight Circus and the Absolut tent are released through their app "Muddy" at the moment.

Got a notification through it today saying that the full lineup will be released soon so I'm assuming it'll be released tomorrow.

On site tomorrow, getting Galway bus to Dublin and getting off at Kinnegad and hitching from there to Ballinlough, so hopefully things go smoothly, does someone want to pm me their phone number if we're gonna have a boards meet up. I can't use boards on the phone although I do check up on it but can't post. That means I can keep in touch with someone and even send some photos of the site build and how its shaping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Advertisement