Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd imagine he'd be grand getting into the normal campsites with a Family camping ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Wouldn't be sure of that at all, they presumably allocate capacity for different campsites and would be reluctant to let additional people into the regular campsites who don't have tickets for it.

Best case scenario: 2 months of anxiety, followed by a few days of more anxiety, followed by a few hours of extreme anxiety just before you arrive at the festival location, and then you manage to get in anyway.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Wouldn't be sure of that at all, they presumably allocate capacity for different campsites and would be reluctant to let additional people into the regular campsites who don't have tickets for it.

Best case scenario: 2 months of anxiety, followed by a few days of more anxiety, followed by a few hours of extreme anxiety just before you arrive at the festival location, and then you manage to get in anyway.

I'd imagine they'd plan for a certain percentage of overflow in the campsites.

And what about if you'd planned to bring kids but for some reason they can't go cos they're sick or whatnot, that means you can't go to the festival after shelling out 200 quid?

A simple email to B&S would sort it out i reckon.

This all seems rather moot given that there are still regular weekend camping tickets on sale.

True, DBFC have released a new single from their upcoming debut LP:

Not sure what to make of it, don't think it's as good as the stuff on the earlier EP's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They were very specific about this on their website and facebook about two years ago, they take themselves seriously as it being a family type festival, they said anyone showing up without children would be denied access with a family ticket. Perhaps they've relaxed this since, but could be a disaster.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

They were very specific about this on their website and facebook about two years ago, they take themselves seriously as it being a family type festival, they said anyone showing up without children would be denied access with a family ticket. Perhaps they've relaxed this since, but could be a disaster.

Could be wrong but i'm pretty sure they said people without children would be denied access to the family camping area, not the festival itself.

But there are normal tickets still available anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Hmm. I see now there are indeed regular tickets left. I checked Ticketmaster yesterday and there were only the family camping ones. On the main B&S site they have the regular ones though. Cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

CM24 wrote: »
    Hmm. I see now there are indeed regular tickets left. I checked Ticketmaster yesterday and there were only the family camping ones. On the main B&S site they have the regular ones though. Cheers anyway!

ticket master are not selling body and soul tickets this year

Posted on their Facebook page earlier this morning:

"We have some very exciting news to divulge in the next few days...If you haven't already grabbed your ticket to this year's bizarre and beautiful banquet we suggest you do so now.."

• Advertisement

Posted on their Facebook page earlier this morning:

"We have some very exciting news to divulge in the next few days...If you haven't already grabbed your ticket to this year's bizarre and beautiful banquet we suggest you do so now.."

I hope its to announce Little Dragon, the only chance we've got to nab them for a festival this year, playing Field Day and Glastonbury, plus they played before in 2012. There is a gap after 15th June till 20th July where they start a US tour. http://little-dragon.net/main/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

There's going to be a masquerade ball at Body & Soul this year, does this count as the 'exciting news'??

http://bodyandsoul.ie/experience/masquerade-ball/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't they do something like that every year? :confused:
    I definitely remember something similar a few years back.

e: although reading the link, it wasn't held in a sponsored champagne bar :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

There's going to be a masquerade ball at Body & Soul this year, does this count as the 'exciting news'??

If this is the exciting news that they are saying means you need to rush out and buy your ticket, I'm really going to start wondering if they're trolling us with their plans for this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Feck sake, I read their post yesterday saying expect an exciting announcement tomorrow and to make sure you don't miss out on your tickets.. At this stage I have accepted that the line up is going to be weak but for them to announce something that already happens every year is a big let down! I'm hoping there are at least some new areas considering they have jacked up the prices and the line up is weaker than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

**** sake, that's grim.

Really seems like they're stacking the deck against themselves this year, in terms of what people have come to expect from this Festival.

Charlie wrote: »
    **** sake, that's grim.

Really seems like they're stacking the deck against themselves this year, in terms of what people have come to expect from this Festival.

It reminds me of the stupid announcements from the Picnic last year, the Launderette area and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

It reminds me of the stupid announcements from the Picnic last year, the Launderette area and what not.

I can swallow that where EP is concerned, as it's not a boutique festival, and to be fair, that sponsorship provides a useful service that otherwise would have to be paid for.

For Body & Soul though, this just reeks of shoe horning in something that really isn't required, all for a few $$$. Laughable when the general feeling already is that this year is poor value for money (on the face of it).

That wasn't the announcement they teased, they've said on their FB that's coming tomorrow

• Advertisement

That wasn't the announcement they teased, they've said on their FB that's coming tomorrow

Could you link it as I have been scouring the B&S social media about it. :)

Quote from their Facebook:
    The secret's out! Bonobo will be joining us at Ballinlough this year along with Skott / Talos / Bambii and New Jackson

They've added Bonobo, Skott, Talos,, Bambii and New Jackson.

Still available as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They've added Bonobo, Skott, Talos,, Bambii and New Jackson.

I didn't expect one announcement of 5 acts to make me totally reconsider going to this, but there you have it.

Bonobo, New Jackson and Talos are top class additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Bonobo would be amazing on the main stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BikesKilleen

Amazing additions..

Now just move the main stage back to where it was and let Bonobo light it up!

Advertisement