Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number Porting Nigjtmare

Options
  • 13-09-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi.

We recently moved from Virgin media due to terrible customer service and were keeping our fingers crossed that Eir would be better. So far we arefar from impressed.

We had our Broadband , eir vision and landlines installed over 3 weeks ago. TV has been reasonably stable and hopefully remains so.

The engineer who installed everything said we had been allocated a new landline no. and our original no. would be ported within 48hrs. As it was a Friday we gave it until Tuesday but it had not been done.

We rang Eir and was told it would be another 24 hrs. It wasn'td done.

Rang again and was told it would take a further 48 hrs. It wasn't done.

Rang again. Appologies but guarantee it will be done in 72 hours. Again wasn't done.

Rang again to be told we had a fault on our line that was blocking the port. Engineer would have to fix the fault which could take a couple of weeks. We heard nothing more.

Rang today to chase up the issue. Was told the original port was not set up correctly and there was not a mention of the alleged technical issue. The port was to be set up again but they needed our Virgin account no. No one had asked for this before and I didn't have it to hand so would look it up and call back.

My wife rang back ten minutes later to be told that we had to ring virgin oourselves and ask them to release the no. as Eir couldn'tdo it.

Rang virgin who said that they had received the request a couple of weeks ago and had released it.

Rang Eir againto be told that they could see the request had been actioned from Virgin. We were put on hold and then cut off.

This is an absolute shambles. Lies and incompetence have meant we have had no usable landline for incoming calls. Due to issues with both of our elderly relatives who have panic alarms set to ring the landline no. in case of emergency as well as being the no. for various alarms and notifications from my work.

Can someone please sort this out. At this rate Imay as well have stayed with Virgin mmedia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭ra0044

bump

Anyone from Eir available to help.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there,

Thanks for getting touch,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I do apologise for your customer journey on this. Feel free to PM your account number & I can look into this. 

Stacey

PM sent. Really hope you can get some answers for me as to what the real issue is regarding a simple no. port.

At this stage we have lost all confidence in Eir what with all the conflicting excuses.

Any update on my issues ?? !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ra0044 wrote: »
    Any update on my issues ?? !!!
    Hi  ra0044,

Apologies for the delays, we will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Stacey.

Thanks for the PM.

So the potting process has just started almost 3 weeks later. Why ?

How can it take 10-15 days to port a no. When we have been told on multiple occasions it will take 24,48,72 hrs depending on who we talked to. The original install engineer stayed 24hrs.

What about the line fault that was stated as a reason as to why the no. couldn't been ported. Was this sorted out. They quoted 3 weeks to get this sorted. I assume there was never a fault but we we're being fobbed off.

Do you have the number released from Virgin as I am chasing them daily to ensure that it is released.

Stacey.

Thanks for the PM.

How can it take 10-15 days to port a no. When we have been told on multiple occasions it will take 24,48,72 hrs depending on who we talked to. The original install engineer stayed 24hrs.

What about the line fault that was stated as a reason as to why the no. couldn't been ported. Was this sorted out. They quoted 3 weeks to get this sorted. I assume there was never a fault but we we're being fobbed off.

Do you have the number released from Virgin as I am chasing them daily to ensure that it is released.
    Stacey has responded to your PM ra0044.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Stacey.

Thanks for the PM.

I'm in a very similar position looking to get my number ported from virgin to eir. I genuinely don't think they know what they are supposed to be doing in customer care to port the number across.

I'm going to pm my situation. Been going on for 3 weeks and spoke to 4 different customer care agents.

Stacey.

Thanks for the PM.

I'm in a very similar position looking to get my number ported from virgin to eir. I genuinely don't think they know what they are supposed to be doing in customer care to port the number across.

I'm going to pm my situation. Been going on for 3 weeks and spoke to 4 different customer care agents.
    No problem  itsnotmyfault, can you please PM me your details?

-Pamela 

I feel your pain. Every time you ring them you get a different story. Just fob you off and get you off the phone.

Did you have eirvision installed as well.? If you did what do you think of it ?

• Advertisement

I feel your pain. Every time you ring them you get a different story. Just fob you off and get you off the phone.

Did you have eirvision installed as well.? If you did what do you think of it ?

No didn't go down the eirvision route as heard bad things about it. Got sky q which for the most part is great apart from eirs bizarre stance to its own sports channels on the mini box. But that's another thread.

No didn't go down the eirvision route as heard bad things about it. Got sky q which for the most part is great apart from eirs bizarre stance to its own sports channels on the mini box. But that's another thread.

We got eirvision and so far it has been fine but others I know seem to be having a shocking time with it. Fingers crossed that ours keeps working. Can only imagine how much trauma could be involved if eir had to fix it.

ra0044 i hope you got sorted in the end because i sure as hell didn't.

Almost 4 weeks of trying to get my landline number ported from Virgin to eir and having being fobbed off 4 times blaming virgin for not releasing my number(lies), Pamela advises me that it's not possible at all as virgin use different infrastructure(eh, yeah VOIP) and that my number that I want to port is on a different exchange to the new one they appointed to me.

So in effect the number i've had for over 20 years(originally given by eircom or whatever they were called then) that i successfully ported to upc(at the time) can't be ported back to eir because of a bizarre technical difficulty.

Surely in 2016 all comunications companies should be able to port numbers across no problem.

This is a huge inconvenience for me as a lot of "old school" people would only use the landline(including many people not close friends or family that I couldn't even think of to give the new number) to contact ourselves. is there any way you could appoint me a new number on a similar exchange to my old one and then port across. I can't accept that "nothing can be done".

ra0044 i hope you got sorted in the end because i sure as hell didn't.

Almost 4 weeks of trying to get my landline number ported from Virgin to eir and having being fobbed off 4 times blaming virgin for not releasing my number(lies), Pamela advises me that it's not possible at all as virgin use different infrastructure(eh, yeah VOIP) and that my number that I want to port is on a different exchange to the new one they appointed to me.

So in effect the number i've had for over 20 years(originally given by eircom or whatever they were called then) that i successfully ported to upc(at the time) can't be ported back to eir because of a bizarre technical difficulty.

Surely in 2016 all comunications companies should be able to port numbers across no problem.

This is a huge inconvenience for me as a lot of "old school" people would only use the landline(including many people not close friends or family that I couldn't even think of to give the new number) to contact ourselves. is there any way you could appoint me a new number on a similar exchange to my old one and then port across. I can't accept that "nothing can be done".

They actually managed to sort out my no. this morning thankfully.

I cant believe in this day and age that they can't sort out your no. Ours was the same. Originally allocated by Eircom. We ported to Ntl a number of years ago and then went back to Eir. Surely if they can eventually do ours they should be able to do yours.

The only thing I can think of an issue is if you moved house from the exchange the no. was originally allocated from . Still in this age of digital everything surely its just a matter of allocating a number via a computer to a line.

Good luck. My advice is keep fighting and questioning everything they tell you.

No, same house. Should be so simple yet apparently it's not.

No, same house. Should be so simple yet apparently it's not.

Should be no more difficult than changing mine or indeed hundreds of others who it would appear have left virgin media and gone back.

They won't be winning over new customers and encouraging people to come back if they don't improve the customer service.

Good luck with them

Eir:Stacy

I have pm'd you twice now regarding the goodwill gesture you talked about via pm. Can you get back to me regarding this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Eir:Stacy

I have pm'd you twice now regarding the goodwill gesture you talked about via pm. Can you get back to me regarding this please.
    Hi ra0044,

Stacey, is working through her PM's and will respond to you soon. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement