Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card from the Man U discussion forum.

Options
  • 13-09-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a yellow card for trolling the Man U team talk discussion forum in the last few days which I don't feel is justified. I was making legitimate observations on the performance of the manager and some players which have subsequently been made in similar manner by a host of well respected football journalists and pundits.

I understood cogent observations and opinions were permitted on the Man U team talk thread but it seems to me that unless you are a bone fide card carrying Man U fan you are not permitted to say anything which might be construed as unpopular regardless of how well articulated or supported the points are. If the thread is designed to be limited to Man U fans only perhaps access to it should in fact be limited to Man U fans only?

I've been over and back with the Lord TSC who is the Mod that carded me and he isn't prepared to amend his belief that I was trolling so won't withdraw the card hence this appeal.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, can you forward me the PM's between yourself and the mod in relation to this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Done. Should be circa 9 PM's in your inbox.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks, got them.

Hi Je_suis_Jean,

I have actually spent a great deal of time reviewing this, looking at posts, previous history, and discussing the matter with the mod concerned, probably way more time than it deserved.

Were you trolling?

Yes.

Your posts, while not clearly thus, were only going to illicit a reaction in the thread. It didn't happen, there was no trainwreck but I'm putting that down to the mod correctly nipping it in the bud. The subsequent links you sent by pm to the mod to back up your claims would have certainly sparked off an undesirable result.

To address your reason for starting this thread:

On two occasions in the PM discussion, you said to the mod that you had no problem with the card, one of them you omitted to forward to me when I asked for a copy of all relevant pm's. This one in relation to the mod advising you yes again to come here:
    No worries Lord TSC, if it was a big deal I probably would but it's not.

I always ask both parties to send me the history in case there is a discrepancy.

After many pm's, you then changed your mind and decided that you wanted to appeal because of a technicality - i.e. the word belief
    mod wrote:
    It is my belief that you went looking to wind up United fans after the match
    I was initially amused at your petulance but now that I know your decision was made on a belief rather than the evidence and you have confirmed your intransigence despite the journalistic articles I provided you with highlighting how the comments you objected to me making are in fact widely held by experts on the subject matter I do now feel wronged and will seek the justification you suggest.

In answer to that, I will reference the charter post here.
    The mod team reserve the right to apply their judgement as to a users intent when posting, and issue bans and/or infractions for trolling as necessary.

To conclude, I believe this card was justified and was reasonably consistent with other moderation of similar issues on the forum.

Card is upheld.

You may request an admin review if you disagree with my decision.

Thank you.
    Steve.

I just want to add, you could have had this discussion in the match thread or indeed started a new thread for it and it would have been - most likely- treated differently. If in doubt, ask first. :)

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    I just want to add, you could have had this discussion in the match thread or indeed started a new thread for it and it would have been - most likely- treated differently. If in doubt, ask first. :)

Not sure how the match thread would be relevant as my comments in the UTD discussion thread were primarily about the way the manager is performing and the summer transfers.

No worries Steve, thanks for taking the time to review, the outcome is as I expected.

FWIW the omitted PM was just an oversight, I thought I sent all the content to you. No reason to exclude that one.

The omitted pm wasn't substantially relevant to my decision, I was just disclosing all facts.

Please let me know if you are happy to close this or wish to appeal.

Thanks.

Close it Steve, I don't expect a Mod reviewing a Mod review of another Mod's decision to have any other outcome than what you have expressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement