Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping out

Options
  • 13-09-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I've considered dropping out of my course. I'm going into 3rd year of Computing and I was wondering if there are any risks when dropping out and would the fees be large if I were to do a different course. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I've considered dropping out of my course. I'm going into 3rd year of Computing and I was wondering if there are any risks when dropping out and would the fees be large if I were to do a different course. Thanks.

First of all, make sure you de-register properly with the college at the student records office.

If you change to another degree course, in addition to your registration fee, you will have to pay tuition fees for the same amount of years that you attended your 1st course - eg if you did two years, you'll have to pay tuition fees for 2 years. This is because the government's free fees initiative only covers tuition fees for 1 degree - and only for the years that you progress. So if you had to repeat a year, you'd be caught to pay tuition fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Stick with it cos it will be worth it in the end - you probably spend some of this term in placement so you might enjoy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm going into 3rd year in NCI, and the odd time I have a reservation about the course to do estate agency. But honestly I love it, and have a good abtitude for it. I would say you have made it this far, do another 2 years

Advertisement