Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV 4th Gen

Options
  • 13-09-2016 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought one of these, seems to get good reviews online but are the new features worth the extra €100 from the 3rd Gen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Has anyone bought one of these, seems to get good reviews online but are the new features worth the extra €100 from the 3rd Gen.

IMO no. The only benefit for me is the Plex app. I have a firestick, which is infinitely more useful. I only use Apple TV for airplay and Plex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

jakdublin wrote: »
    IMO no. The only benefit for me is the Plex app. I have a firestick, which is infinitely more useful. I only use Apple TV for airplay and Plex.

What about downloading films on the Apple TV, is that why the 4th has 32GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

What about downloading films on the Apple TV, is that why the 4th has 32GB?

I don't know. I never download movies onto it. I guess if you're getting movies from the Apple store, that's what the 32GB is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have both an ATV 3 & 4 and the improvements are excellent, multitude of apps, the ability to download movies directly, the remote is a major improvement, Plex app is an instant win. I went with the 32gb, for me at least it was well worth the extra over an ATV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I liked the 4th gen mainly for Plex and the kids liked gaming on it.

but I replaced it with an Nvidia Sheild when I got a new TV, mainly for 4K Netflix and game streaming.

Must get round to selling on the ATV on adverts

+1 on the remote. It's the main thing I miss when using the Sheild.

• Advertisement
Advertisement