Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Try disabling "Show Preview" in Message notification settings. I've never used it though so I don't really know what it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Patww79 wrote: »

Explain the advantages of the widget screen to her. It's a great shortcut to frequently accessed apps either via App Suggestions or widgets that provide the data you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i have a iphone 5 (yes its v old). updated to ios10. as many others im unhappy with "lost slide to unlock option".
    i dont want to start complaining about that but im trying to find a workaround for the problem i have.
    i use the phone a lot for conference calls with headset.
    i am usually on mute. when i have to speak,
    before: i would press home button or power button and then slide to unlock. it brought me to dialler screen where it was locked.
    now: on ios10 when i have to speak, i click on home button twice to unlock
    unfortunately i am now on home screen. next when i click on dialler it gives you dialler screen but not your on-call screen.
    its multiple steps to unmute a call :-(
    i was just wondering if anyone know any shortcut to go directly to your on-call screen?
    (over and out)

• Advertisement

i have a iphone 5 (yes its v old). updated to ios10. as many others im unhappy with "lost slide to unlock option".
    i dont want to start complaining about that but im trying to find a workaround for the problem i have.
    i use the phone a lot for conference calls with headset.
    i am usually on mute. when i have to speak,
    before: i would press home button or power button and then slide to unlock. it brought me to dialler screen where it was locked.
    now: on ios10 when i have to speak, i click on home button twice to unlock
    unfortunately i am now on home screen. next when i click on dialler it gives you dialler screen but not your on-call screen.
    its multiple steps to unmute a call :-(
    i was just wondering if anyone know any shortcut to go directly to your on-call screen?
    (over and out)

If I'm understanding you correctly, there's no need to unlock. While on the call, press the home button once, then tap on call duration on the lock screen. The controls should appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

If I'm understanding you correctly, there's no need to unlock. While on the call, press the home button once, then tap on call duration on the lock screen. The controls should appear.

thanks a mill. you are a star. no complaints now on ios10 ;-)
    i never tried that. i was just pressing home button twice to unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

Just to note: it's iPhone 7 only.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lost my voicemail notifications.
    Not sure if iOS problem or meteor network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm with VF and still getting them and on 10.0.3

kceire wrote: »

Meteor as well. When I get a voicemail a blank badge indicating a new voice mail gets stuck on the phone app icon and won't go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

On VF since time began. I've always found them hit and miss; sometimes pretty immediate, sometimes next day.

10.1 is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

I've an i[hpne 5s - my security settings are telling me there is a software update available and I've read its only really for iPhone 7 updates. is there any point in installing it on a 5s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

the above should have been posted before this new release
    ie 10.0.3 - this is what I am referencing above ^^^

dball wrote: »
    I've an i[hpne 5s - my security settings are telling me there is a software update available and I've read its only really for iPhone 7 updates. is there any point in installing it on a 5s?
    fire away and update

Random aside:

For years now I've been fighting iOS's autocorrect anytime I try to type "i.e.". I get as far as the first period and it autocorrects to uppercase "I" and I end up with "I.e". An epic struggle follows as I repeatedly delete and retype, trying to convince iOS that yes I really want to type lowercase "i" followed by a period. Then today I discovered that if I just "ie" it autocorrects to "i.e.".

lol.

Can anyone confirm this is a recent improvement so I don't feel like a total idiot? :D

Is it me or is the 7 even snappier after that update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

10.1 available on iPhone 7.

• Advertisement

10.1 available on iPhone 7.

since the 24th

Random aside:

For years now I've been fighting iOS's autocorrect anytime I try to type "i.e.". I get as far as the first period and it autocorrects to uppercase "I" and I end up with "I.e". An epic struggle follows as I repeatedly delete and retype, trying to convince iOS that yes I really want to type lowercase "i" followed by a period. Then today I discovered that if I just "ie" it autocorrects to "i.e.".

lol.

Can anyone confirm this is a recent improvement so I don't feel like a total idiot? :D

Correct sir, you are not losing it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Edit - never mind, I asked Siri :p

Random aside:

lol.

Not sure if it's a recent change. I.e. 10.1 update.

When I type ie it auto changes to "or".

Not sure if it's a recent change. I.e. 10.1 update.
    When I type ie it auto changes to "or".

I'm getting i.e. You've trained your dictionary to have bad habits buddy!!! :D

This is not going to plan....

I'm getting i.e. You've trained your dictionary to have bad habits buddy!!! :D

That's it, he's grounded tonight after school. No PS3 for 2 weeks :)

10.1.1 is out with minor bug fixes for missing health data.

• Advertisement

I was getting random issues on 10.1.
    For example, whatsapp notification would sound and I get the on screen notification, but no badge app icon.

Also, anyone else find it annoying that you have to set up "hey Siri" after each update.

Advertisement