Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

kceire wrote: »
    I was getting random issues on 10.1.
    For example, whatsapp notification would sound and I get the on screen notification, but no badge app icon.

Also, anyone else find it annoying that you have to set up "hey Siri" after each update.

There's a WhatsApp update to fix the badge app icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

For 10.1 and 10.1.1 I've been asked to set up hey Siri after the updates. This happen to anyone else?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There's a WhatsApp update to fix the badge app icon.

I'm on auto updates.
    Just went in to the App Store and seen it was updated yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Where can you report any bugs for the ios?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Where can you report any bugs for the ios?

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Hows iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 on this? Will be picking one of em up soon so want an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hows iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 on this? Will be picking one of em up soon so want an idea
    Air 2 is super.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Updated my iPad yesterday because an app I wanted needed a newer iOS, Im regretting it already. Is there any way to turn off all the new features? Using my iPad used to be very easy now its frustrating and very annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Updated my iPad yesterday because an app I wanted needed a newer iOS, Im regretting it already. Is there any way to turn off all the new features? Using my iPad used to be very easy now its frustrating and very annoying.

I assume you mean the new lockscreen. You'll just have to get used to it. The other new features can just be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I assume you mean the new lockscreen. You'll just have to get used to it. The other new features can just be ignored.

That's just one annoyance :( I've gone into settings and disabled pretty much everything.

Another annoyance is when I'm in YouTube, on the initial homepage I can search, but if I say go favourites I lose to ability to use the search function. This is even when I go back to homepage. I realise people want more and more functions, but with every update on apps things just seem to become over complicated. Which is fine if your not having these changes forced upon you.

• Advertisement

That's just one annoyance :( I've gone into settings and disabled pretty much everything.

Another annoyance is when I'm in YouTube, on the initial homepage I can search, but if I say go favourites I lose to ability to use the search function. This is even when I go back to homepage. I realise people want more and more functions, but with every update on apps things just seem to become over complicated. Which is fine if your not having these changes forced upon you.

That sounds like a Youtube problem in fairness.

There aren't that many new features in iOS 10. New lock screen, new Music app, new Messaging features that can be ignored if you don't use them. A few tweaks and improvements to other things but nothing major.

10.2 is out!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just updated to 10.2

Noticeably snappier on 7 plus, lets see how it goes over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Yeah, the 7 seems to be a little more sparky too! But apart from that I don't see much, I know there's new emojis and a TV app that has no baring on anyone outside the US.

http://bgr.com/2016/12/13/ios-10-2-features-list-emojis-tv-app/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Still the same issue with typing in text boxes and forums. The screen doesn't move with the text so you have no idea what you are typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The new wallpapers are nice.

Anybody else notice they fixed the bug in the Safari keyboard where switching the keyboard to the numbers and symbol section and pressing space automatically switches it back to letters again. Was broken in all previous updates for me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just updated to 10.2 but don't notice any difference in the emojis?

Definitely seems faster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

David Bowie emoji is awesome!

Advertisement