Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sono wrote: »
    6 64gb

I have the exact same phone and do not have these issues.

I would reset the phone if I were you.

Yep, it bricked my 6S plus too.
    Had to recovery mode restore it.

Make sure you backup before any update anyway, better safe.
    No issues with iPad mini 4, 2 iPhone 5s and iPod touch 6th gen, and watch to OS 3.
    all updated without issue.

The issues were resolved anyway so it shouldn't brick any more iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just discovered that the new iMessage effects such as Slam, invisible etc, cannot be accessed if you have reduced motion enabled in the accessibility settings.

So if you're not getting these options by long pressing send, just go to settings, accessibility and turn reduce motion off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

Not getting much success in trying out the apps with i message like breaking news and espn . Tapping them within app and nothing happens ? Maybe the receiver needs iOS 10?

Not getting much success in trying out the apps with i message like news 360 and espn . Tapping them within app and nothing happens ? Maybe the receiver needs iOS 10?

• Advertisement

Worked in I pad pro not I phone 7 the espn app through I message and other apps !!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Is there a way to amend the news source for the news widget?

Also is there a way to just show your last received mails in the mail widget, the VIP feature is useless to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is it just me or has the font size in safari decreased in size?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just found out (the hard way) that the old trick of recovering space by renting a movie with a file size larger than what is on your phone doesn't work anymore. You now get an option to stream as well so the payment goes through...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

tallpaul wrote: »
    Just found out (the hard way) that the old trick of recovering space by renting a movie with a file size larger than what is on your phone doesn't work anymore. You now get an option to stream as well so the payment goes through...:o

Is this with iOS10? Just got 900MB back yesterday afternoon before I did the update using the 'rent movie' trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Read on Ara Technica that this update runs better on older devices (e.g. 5/5c) compared to past updates.

Good to hear, as the past few updates have crippled some of the older iPhones performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Is this with iOS10? Just got 900MB back yesterday afternoon before I did the update using the 'rent movie' trick.

Must be because I'm on the beta and tried it a week or 2 ago and got charged but got it refunded instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I just updated this morning. It will take some time to see all the nuances and tweaks.
    I don't like the notifications on lock screen (big grey box around each notification). I wonder if anyway to change the background on it

Edit: Changing wallpaper makes it bit better on the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Apple have just realised that all iphone users are thick. To combat this, they have decided to remind us (in the CLOCK app) when we need to go to bed. Seriously, WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

guil wrote: »
    Must be because I'm on the beta and tried it a week or 2 ago and got charged but got it refunded instantly.

How did you get the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

How did you get the refund?

Wait till you get the email with the purchase and click report a problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Is there a way to amend the news source for the news widget?
    You can change it to any compatible news source using the EDIT option underneath the widgets. Any news app I have on my phone can be picked to display their headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

dodzy wrote: »
    Apple have just realised that all iphone users are thick. To combat this, they have decided to remind us (in the CLOCK app) when we need to go to bed. Seriously, WTF?

It's ok, watchOS 3 reminds you to breathe as well ;-)

Could people try iMessage apps please like espn in iMessage ? Mine not working . Stickers working fine but not dedicated I messages app ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

http://www.imore.com/how-use-voicemail-transcripts-ios-10-iphone

Aw man. Voicemail transcripts would be so cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Just update my iPhone SE to 10.0.1 here in work using iTunes. So far....m'eh....don't see what the big deal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I really like the new notifications on the lock screen.

I don't like the fact that widgets can be edited on the lock screen with pin or finger-id being requested. Or am i missing something here?

Edit: Ignore this...I'm wrong...thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Yeah the widgets screen is great too, can finally have instant access to a fully functioning calculator on the iPad, even better than having the icon on the iPhone control centre. Like having the travel times widget too and being able to move them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Updated my 6+ 64Gb last night with no problems. Seems much faster/slicker than on IOS9.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

laoisfan wrote: »
    I don't like the fact that widgets can be edited on the lock screen with pin or finger-id being requested. Or am i missing something here?
    You mean without finger ID / PIN code (for editing)?
    BigMoose wrote: »
    Updated my 6+ 64Gb last night with no problems. Seems much faster/slicker than on IOS9.

+1

Although I still have a camera lag when opening the app from background. I hoped 10 would sort it :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Am I the only one that thinks everything looks bigger? As if the screen was ever so slightly more zoomed.

dodzy wrote: »
    You mean without finger ID / PIN code (for editing)?

Actually...my bad...sorry...I'm wrong...thankfully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

would it be an idea to reset an ipad 3 (removing all the junk that the kids have put on it over the last couple of years) and then upgrade to ios10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

ablelocks wrote: »
    would it be an idea to reset an ipad 3 (removing all the junk that the kids have put on it over the last couple of years) and then upgrade to ios10?

No because the iPad 3rd generation cannot run iOS 10 :)

4th generation or newer. Unless you mean iPad Mini 3?

Advertisement