Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Messages app is buggy as hell. Finding trying to play with stickers and images unusable.

My friend updated her iPhone 6 same time as me and her phone performance is very laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Don't like the raise to wake feature, needs fine tuning. Holding it in my hand it keeps waking up and also in my jacket pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

laoisfan wrote: »
    Don't like the raise to wake feature, needs fine tuning. Holding it in my hand it keeps waking up and also in my jacket pocket.

I turned mine off in settings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Raise to wake feature not working for me. Wonder if having an Apple Watch negates it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

faceman wrote: »
    Raise to wake feature not working for me. Wonder if having an Apple Watch negates it?

Do you have a 6s or 6s Plus? It's only on those or newer devices.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Do you have a 6s or 6s Plus? It's only on those or newer devices.

Ah that's if. Yeah on a 6

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

As fourFM says, minimum 5SE,6S,6S+ on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

dodzy wrote: »
    As fourFM says, minimum 5SE,6S,6S+ on

Where you getting the 5 out of? Like iPhone 4G and 4Gs

guil wrote: »
    Where you getting the 5 out of? Like iPhone 4G and 4Gs
    Apologies. It took a while for me to see my error as I still (stupidly) refer to it as the 5SE, I suppose mainly due to its form factor. I've been asked by colleagues in the past "whats the SE like?". I just reply that it's an souped up version of the 5S. And then they go "Ah yeah, grand" But hey, that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Anyone having issues since the update?

My iPhone 5C has rebooted itself three times today since the update.

Once when I went to make a call, the phone app froze and then the spinning icon and the phone restarted.
    Another when I went to unlock the phone from lock screen.
    And another time I went to unlock it and it was at the "iPhone requires your passcode after restarting" screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

So the animated iMessage features? Yeah, they're not working for me.
    I can access them and send them, but when they're sent to me I get "Message" (sent with Lasers) instead of actually seeing the lasers.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    I can access them and send them, but when they're sent to me I get "Message" (sent with Lasers) instead of actually seeing the lasers.
    Any ideas?

Do you have reduced motion turned on?

dodzy wrote: »
    Apologies. It took a while for me to see my error as I still (stupidly) refer to it as the 5SE, I suppose mainly due to its form factor. I've been asked by colleagues in the past "whats the SE like?". I just reply that it's an souped up version of the 5S. And then they go "Ah yeah, grand" But hey, that's just me.

SE has the body-form of a 5/5s but under the hood is more like a 6s without the 3D touch. Have an SE...brilliant wee phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

No because the iPad 3rd generation cannot run iOS 10 :)

4th generation or newer. Unless you mean iPad Mini 3?

hadn't checked that! thanks. think I'll still do a reset on it though after getting 9.5

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Zcott wrote: »
    Do you have reduced motion turned on?

Nope that's switched off

Nope that's switched off

Try a reboot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Wasn't WhatsApp supposed to have integration with Contacts? Am I missing something?

Any ideas?

Very glitchy and buggy for me too. Have stopped using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Question on the Notifications when receiving email. I thought on 9.3 when I had a notification for a email (using the Outlook app) if I swipe left I thought the option to delete the message was there (small X), but with IOS10 I have option to View or Clear. Am I correct thinking that delete was there before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Text replacement gone from my update on a 6.

That is very annoying. No option to put them back in either as when you hit the text replacement button on > keyboard it just stalls my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bitmoji keyboard broken for anyone else? Keeps saying I need to allow full access even though I have done. Reinstalled and everything, didn't fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

3 years in a row Apple have made a right balls of iOS I'm shocked how they keep getting it wrong, so many bugs and glitches with each new iOS.

3 years in a row Apple have made a right balls of iOS I'm shocked of how they keep getting it wrong, so many bugs and glitches with each new iOS.
    Don't be so hard on the Apple team. Maybe for future releases they should consider allowing a shed load of users access to their new creation to feedback anomalies in advance of general release. Now wouldn't that be something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger To Open > On

The benefit of the removal of slide to unlock is you have quick access to the camera (swipe right to left) and your widgets screen (swipe left to right) from your lock screen.

Thanks a mill for this

Anyone find previewing messages is tricky. I have the preview turned off on the notifications but when I'm using the phone and a message comes in, swiping down on it isn't opening the preview like it did in iOS 9. Am I doing it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Another feature I am not happy with (or maybe I am doing something wrong) is the slide from the right on the lock screen to reply to a text message. Slide from the right now and its the camera.

Not even slightly impressed by this update. The new control panel where the music has to slid is irritating too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

gimmick wrote: »
    Another feature I am not happy with (or maybe I am doing something wrong) is the slide from the right on the lock screen to reply to a text message. Slide from the right now and its the camera.

Slide left to right on the notification to reply still works. Or force touch to reply on the lock screen (not sure how/if this works on older devices – maybe touch and hold?).

Sliding right to left on the background is the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I think it feels slightly slower on my 6.

Also I've had to reinstall Google maps twice.
    Has anyone moved to new improved Apple Maps ?

Anyone find previewing messages is tricky. I have the preview turned off on the notifications but when I'm using the phone and a message comes in, swiping down on it isn't opening the preview like it did in iOS 9. Am I doing it wrong?

Yeah, slide down notifications are little unresponsive. Takes a few tries/taps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Since installing the "new photos app" seems to have messed up my photos.
    they are now all over the place and not in chronological order.

Anyone else have issues with photos since the update ?

Also regarding the iMessage new features. They are a bit gimmicky to me.
    Any way to turn them off ?

Advertisement