Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

maximum12 wrote: »
    I think it feels slightly slower on my 6.

Also I've had to reinstall Google maps twice.
    Has anyone moved to new improved Apple Maps ?

Slower on mine also particularly messages.

Tried apple maps last night & seemed to work great, unfortunately I think the directions part takes up too much screen on the 6 (in landscape) & is only really suitable for the plus models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Haven't noticed any problems with my SE so far, running smooth and still as fast.

The raise to wake is too sensitive...turned it off.

Overall...don't what the big deal is about this update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Reading through all the comments, I think I'll wait for the next release before updating. My 6S works 100% at the moment so as the old saying goes...if it ain't broke don't break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Reading through all the comments, I think I'll wait for the next release before updating. My 6S works 100% at the moment so as the old saying goes...if it ain't broke don't break it.

Never heard that one, just if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My safari takes on a life of its own. Twice now the page went very jittery then Siri started talking, went into a foreign language, I was looking at the Harvey Norman website.
    Before I knew it, it went to my Facebook account and opened up the chat help for Harvey Norman.
    It was like my phone was hacked, Siri had a mental breakdown or just a weird bug...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

gimmick wrote: »
    The new control panel where the music has to slid is irritating too.
    That's the most annoying thing for me.

What's the point of a quick-access panel if you only have to swipe again to get the control you want? I used the panel for podcasts and music all the time.

On the first console the three centre buttons (AirPlay, AirDrop and Night Shift) take up an ENORMOUS amount of space. Who the feck uses NightShift all the time?

Just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I just realised I can't f**king copy and paste anymore since updating.

When I long hold my finger onto the screen the copy/paste dialog box thing doesn't come up anymore.

Have they changed it? :mad:

quad_red wrote: »

When I long hold my finger onto the screen the copy/paste dialog box thing doesn't come up anymore.

Still working for me, try rebooting maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

guil wrote: »
    Still working for me, try rebooting maybe?

Works again after a restart. Should've just done that before complaining :( But that's never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Never heard that one, just if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Mine is the older less used version...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

have an SE and not a problem with ios10 at all.

Just found siri can be switched to irish english, which then means map directions are also with an irish accent.
    Class!!

No annoying yank or brit ordering you about any more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

quad_red wrote: »

I haven't experienced this with iOS 10 so far, but copy and paste and look up were broken on iOS 9 for ages – the box came up but only worked 50 percent of the time. It's possible there's still a few bugs with it Apple haven't figured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger To Open > On

The benefit of the removal of slide to unlock is you have quick access to the camera (swipe right to left) and your widgets screen (swipe left to right) from your lock screen.

i cant find this option on iphone5.
    i would like to disable the pressing of home button twice to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't think it's possible on the 5. Have a 5 myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The iPhone 5 doesn't have Touch ID, so the device doesn't know if your finger is resting on the home button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i thought you can bring the swipe to unlock option back with some settings.
    but i see its dead totally.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Irish Siri is bloody terrible.

She sounds like a depressed robot. Speech quality is very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm not a subscriber to Apple Music and have it turned it off in Settings on the phone. However the icon for Radio still appears in the bottom menu in between Library and Search. Is there any way to get rid of this and go back to being able to have artists and playlists here which is what I always used to play music? It seems like a waste and now I have an extra press to go in via library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Sorry i cant read the whole thread.....is the passcode/swipe to unlock totally gone??

mel123 wrote: »
    Sorry i cant read the whole thread.....is the passcode/swipe to unlock totally gone??

Passcode isn't. Swipe to unlock is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Passcode isn't. Swipe to unlock is.

Thanks, now i get it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

I cant get the SLAM text to work ... or the invisable ink ?? Can someone tell me how to work it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    I cant get the SLAM text to work ... or the invisable ink ?? Can someone tell me how to work it ???
    Think you hold on the send icon on the right hand side and the extra options appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Works on my 5s.

Edit: and just read Sad Professors post. No Touch ID on the 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Found it lads U have to turn off reduce motion in settings>accessibility and then u get the full effects

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do only negative people take to the internet to post stuff.

I have iOS 10 on an iPhone 6 since beta 2 and now also on a an IPad Air since official release on Tuesday and both are working perfectly without any issues.

Think it's t best update since iOS 7 and really like the new features.

Can anyone confirm what the build number is on ios 10?

Nevermind I just found out it's the same as the GM.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »

Also just realised that the US Siri pronounces my girlfriend's name perfectly while the Irish version makes a mess of it. :pac:

awec wrote: »

She always did.
    The British male voice on iOS 10 is the most realistic I've heard on an iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Went back to 9.3.5 while they're still signing it. Prefer iOS9 being honest too much sh*te in iOS10 in my opinion, particularly in iMessage.

Advertisement