Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

my iphone 5s (ios10) keeps giving me error messages when I charge it through the usb on a lap top, also Itunes keeps telling me it could not be identified properly and to disconnect and reconnect it.
    keeps happening - every time i plug it in.

This has only started happening since i installed ios10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Just noticed something annoying, previous to ios10 when I was on a call using the headphones and wanting to mute / unmute often all I had to do was tap the screen and id be back to the call and could toggle mute. Now the screen locks and I have to open the phone and then click the green banner at the top to go back to the call, is there a setting im missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

anybody having problems with their sound ? I'm running a 6 not sure if that makes any difference. But it was happening regularly in the betas first time in final build. My alarm didn't go off this morning luckily I was awake. But it's not just the alarm, tried to run a radio app & podcast app & nothing. A simple reboot sorted it but that shouldn't be required

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

xabi wrote: »
    Just noticed something annoying, previous to ios10 when I was on a call using the headphones and wanting to mute / unmute often all I had to do was tap the screen and id be back to the call and could toggle mute. Now the screen locks and I have to open the phone and then click the green banner at the top to go back to the call, is there a setting im missing?

Worked it out, raise to wake and then tap the phone number, not is simple as before though, tap anywhere was easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Another annoying thing is when i would go to sleep at night Id often listen to something with earphones -
    In the morning whether my phone was on vibrate or the volume was normal - whether the earphones were plugged in or not - The alarm would go off normally - with sound - now i notice when the phone is set to vibrate the alarm only vibrates - no sound - v. annoying

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dball wrote: »
    Another annoying thing is when i would go to sleep at night Id often listen to something with earphones -
    In the morning whether my phone was on vibrate or the volume was normal - whether the earphones were plugged in or not - The alarm would go off normally - with sound - now i notice when the phone is set to vibrate the alarm only vibrates - no sound - v. annoying

You can use night mode to kill sound at night, alarm will still play through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

awec wrote: »
    You can use night mode to kill sound at night, alarm will still play through it.

What's night mode? Do not disturb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

My 6+ (IOS10) is always set to vibrate only and in night mode yet the alarm makes a noise in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is anyone using the 'Announce Calls' option on the phone?

I have it set to do this when connected for both headphones and car but it only works for the car. Just wondering what I can do to get it do work when the headphones are plugged in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Fecking notifications when you have the screen open are very annoying. It's difficult to preview them and the notification then just sits on your screen once if you tap it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

guil wrote: »
    What's night mode? Do not disturb?

yea do not disturb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm finding using contacts really annoying when you open a contact you get the options Mobile, Call etc.. why is message down as mobile? I keep hitting it thinking I'm going to call the person and it brings you to the messsges app. The least they could have done was colour coded them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Chris Pirillo unloading with both barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Chris Pirillo unloading with both barrels.

Can't stand that guy and his notion of self importance. Why he is so popular is beyond me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can't stand that guy and his notion of self importance. Why is he so popular is beyond me.

Fair enough. He's not as popular as he once was given the rise of internet celebrities, etc. He is at least consistent in his criticisms, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Fair enough. He's not as popular as he once was given the rise of internet celebrities, etc. He is at least consistent in his criticisms, though.
    He's a d1ck. Plain and simple.

Moving on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

10.0.2 available now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

kceire wrote: »
    10.0.2 available now
    "Addresses an issue that could prevent headphone audio controls from temporarily not working"

Don't want to prevent audio controls from not working temporarily now do we..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Still didn't fix the 'announce calls' issue for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The safari issue with the keyboard is also still there after the bug fix. I'd imagine it was more of a rush fix rather than the intended normal fix they roll out to address a few areas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DubDJ wrote: »
    The safari issue with the keyboard is also still there after the bug fix. I'd imagine it was more of a rush fix rather than the intended normal fix they roll out to address a few areas.

+1

Hopefully sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Notes still crashing. Doh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

I've a iPhone 5 and issue I've had is when I receive a call I can't hear a thing. Other person can hear me but not me. I've to either put on speaker or headphones in.

Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Trampas wrote: »
    I've a iPhone 5 and issue I've had is when I receive a call I can't hear a thing. Other person can hear me but not me. I've to either put on speaker or headphones in.

Earpiece might be broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Trampas wrote: »

Have you got a plastic cover on your screen by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I've had my 6 freeze and reboot twice since iOS 10. Don't remember my phone ever cashing in the two years I've owned it .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Having an issue since the latest update - apps were automatically deleted to make space for the update, but afterwards they haven't reinstalled - the app icon is still there, but it just says waiting underneath.

It means I can't delete the apps and reinstall.

So several apps I use regularly are now unusable.

I've tried rebooting, hard reset, signing out and in off the app store but nothing.

Anyone else experience this and is there a solution?

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you restore instead of updating? This shouldn't have happened had you done the latter.

It can take quite a while for all the apps to re-download. Usually it's best to leave it alone and make sure you are connected to wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Nope, just an update. I got a message (like i did for the last update) that it needed to delete apps to make space for the update, and that they'd be reinstalled automatically after the update.

It's fairly annoying. Can't figure it out at all.

Advertisement