Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've had that issue before with random apps. It's fairly annoying. Sometimes rebooting will help, letting you tap the apps and restarting the download process.

Have you tried deleting the apps by long-pressing them and see can you remove the dodgy apps?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

10.0.2 update messed up my contacts. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Something that really bugs me is the News widget. You swipe right and see the 4 stories that were last suggested for you when you were on that screen. A quick glance & you see one that you want to read but before you can, it refreshes itself and updates to the newer 4 stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

This morning when I opened FB Messenger to read a message from a mate it started playing music...not sure which...like ones that comes with the iPhone. It happened several times when I launched Messenger. I closed the application (double click Home button & Swiped it) seems to be gone now. It happened once this morning with FB itself. Anyone else experience this?

This is on iPhone SE running iOS 10.0.2.

Edit: Restarted the phone seems to have fixed this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

if i turn off all vibrate functions - the phone also goes into silent mode. ive checked the ringer volume and its half way up but yet no way to tell the phone is ringing,
    FFS apple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone else Notes app force closing on open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Anyone else Notes app force closing on open?

Nope, but if yours is I'd try a hard restart, and try toggling notes on and off in iCloud settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm getting the lovely error about not being able to verify the update while trying to install 10.0.2

I'm getting the lovely error about not being able to verify the update while trying to install 10.0.2

You on wifi?

Used to get that error if I tried to update on 4G.

It is on data admittedly, I would have thought with it already downloaded cellular would be suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

One small bug, when using Siri to 'play some music' it used to play all songs randomly, now it picks about 8 songs and repeats them over and over, even when you manually skip track.

Keyboard issues in Safari are becoming a real pain too.

still having issues with no sound coming from podcasts.

That 10.0.2 fixed the headphone issue. Very handy when you don't want your music blaring through the office when you press play :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Another gripe in safari, in forums when you are typing away the screen doesn't move to show what you are typing. You have to manually zoom in or out to see the text box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

kceire wrote: »
    Another gripe in safari, in forums when you are typing away the screen doesn't move to show what you are typing. You have to manually zoom in or out to see the text box.

Working fine here, it might be adblocker you using if using any?

deep1 wrote: »
    Working fine here, it might be adblocker you using if using any?

Nope, don't use any of that adblocker stuff. Seems to be fine on the iPad though. Just the phone it happens on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

kceire wrote: »

I've had that issue randomly depending on the website in nearly every version of iOS.

I take it back, that annoying audio bug is still an issue.

faceman wrote: »
    I've had that issue randomly depending on the website in nearly every version of iOS.

Seems to be a boards.ie issue. No problem with biker.ie for example.

me too - also starting to notice my ringer volume is not working at all - some times

• Advertisement

dball wrote: »

me too - also starting to notice my ringer volume is not working at all - some times

I find when the phone forgets the headphones are plugged in, the volume/ringer buttons stop working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Anyone else have the problem when there on a call and the phone locks during the call,To hang up i have to unlock it :mad:

On a iphone 6 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is there a way to make sure the fingerprint sensor goes straight into the phone rather than having to press the home button again just after?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Is there a way to make sure the fingerprint sensor goes straight into the phone rather than having to press the home button again just after?

I was having same issue, post 25 on this thread sorted it :-
    FourFourFM wrote: »
    Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger To Open > On

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Hi folks,

I have installed the iOS 10 and I have to say its causing havoc with my phone that has literally slowed up/lags its driving me insane I have done a backup and want to get back to iOS 9 but when I try to do it a message warns me before I do that my apps aren't saved and will have to buy them again if I go ahead and downgrade is their a way to back them up please can someone help me out on this I really am done with apple after this inconvenience.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

francie81 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have installed the iOS 10 and I have to say its causing havoc with my phone that has literally slowed up/lags its driving me insane I have done a backup and want to get back to iOS 9 but when I try to do it a message warns me before I do that my apps aren't saved and will have to buy them again if I go ahead and downgrade is their a way to back them up please can someone help me out on this I really am done with apple after this inconvenience.

Thanks

If you have just upgraded today then let it settle for a while, it may have to do a major re-indexing of all the files which causes it to go slow and use a lot of battery for a while.

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    francie81 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks

If you have just upgraded today then let it settle for a while, it may have to do a major re-indexing of all the files which causes it to go slow and use a lot of battery for a while.
    Right ok will do so that means its probably working in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Restoring the iOS device will have no effect on apps you own. They're connected to your iTunes/AppStore account so you're free to upgrade/downgrade as you please, it might mean you have to re-download the apps but you won't have to pay for them a second time. Just sign in with your account and any app you paid for previously will be available to download again for free.

As long as iCloud is set up for each, all contacts, calanders, photos etc will also be added to the new (or old in your case) version of iOS.

Yeah that's what I thought regarding the apps because I done what you said before I dunno why that message popped up. Ta

• Advertisement

is anyone else's custom whatsapp notification sounds broken?

I have certain group chats setup with different sounds but they are now just playing the default sound.

Advertisement