Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overpaid?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

RossieMan wrote: »
    The op doesn't care about the money. He wants to end on good terms. Which I find commendable on this day with all the ****ers out there. The business may not have the money to lose 4k. Halving the amount may be good for both parties.

None of us can tell the op what to do. His accountant is best placed for this.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for the business when they can't be bothered to put things in writing..........you know............to comply with the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Right final update is that I have sorted this all out very amicably with a very much reduced repayment as a goodwill gesture due to the absolute mess it would make of my tax and the fact that salary wise it didn't seem exorbitant to me on foot of many factors.

Yes you may all think it was foolish to pay anything, but at the end of the day relationships are worth more than a few hundred quid. Its being sorted via payroll and wage slip reflecting it so no foul play and she's happy that a figure was discussed and while it is nowhere near the sum at all it was the principle of it all for both of us.

Really appreciate those that helped!

Advertisement