Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

climate control a/c buttob

• 13-09-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Confused. If I have climate control why do I have a button to turn on/off AC?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Hitting auto allows it to its own thing as regards direction, speed and use of air con. You can use it manually too like a normal air con system.

Also some people are cheap and wouldn't use it in case it cost them a euro or two extra on fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Confused. If I have climate control why do I have a button to turn on/off AC?

Because car still gives you option to turn it off if you wish - which is a very good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sometimes you mightn't want aircon on. When your engine is cold in cold weather for example. When herself is giving out that the aircon is making her feel sick etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Climate control and air conditioning are not the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Still confused

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement

Do you know what air conditioning is/does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Still confused

Explain what are you confused about, and we'll try to help.

Climate control is a system which is designed to automatically adjust all settings (hot air flow, air conditioning, fan speed, flaps to direct air appropriately, etc) to achieve temperature set by driver/passenger.

Air conditioning is just a device to chill down the air flowing into the cabin.

Most climate control systems, have option to set everything manually if you wish, including turning on/off air conditioning, as well as setting fans, flaps, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Thanks. So if I set the climate control and turn the aircon button off, is the air con still functioning but just in Auto mode?

The climate control is only really functioning as climate control when in auto mode.
    Soon as you hit the auto button, the aircon comes back on (usually)

Turning the aircon off, turns it off. Simples. You can still adjust the temperature (temperatures below 20 degrees this weather usually won't happen without the aircon working, so whether it's 15 or 19 degrees on the screen You'll just get the outside air coming through trying to cool) adjust the fan speed, adjust the air direction etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If you just use air con the system blasts out cold air without regard for the actual temp in the car and you select which vents the cold air comes from.

Climate control automatically uses a combination of air con and heater to maintain a specific temperature you select, it will often also select where to direct the air flow.

Climate control I'm my opinion is the most comfortable, once you find a setting you like the car is maintained evenly at that temperature during your journey.
    Air con is a great releif for a while on a sweatering day but ultimately results in herself taking the hump and putting on her cardigan.

• Advertisement

But you can still adjust the temp with manual aircon. It's like a mixer tap. Its not just freezing cold or nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote: »
    Climate control and air conditioning are not the same thing.

To a very large degree they are. CC is just an automated temperature control for an a/c unit.

They both have condensers, compressors, lubricant/refrigerant, and associated plumbing.

Advertisement