Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy Casual FIFA player seeks advice...

Options
  • 13-09-2016 5:32pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

So whilst I'd describe myself as more of a casual FIFA player, I do sink quite a significant number of hours into the game in Manager Mode with my friend. We're currently playing with Dagenham & Redbridge having decided we wanted to take a team from no-where to Champions League winners before FIFA 17 gets released (we just secured promotion to the Premiership with 10 games to go in the Championship and we're in the FA Cup final as well as the Europa League semi-final - we're defending champions of both :D). Playing FIFA as an RPG rather than a "mindlessly play ManU vs Liverpool or Barca vs Real online or on the couch" is infinitely more engaging for me. I haven't even mentioned the Alan McInally rule yet...

Anyway, my point...

I have never, ever once looked at what Ultimate Team is. I have no idea what it does, I have no idea if it would be of interest to me. Given the massive bias FIFA's own team of people have towards it, what am I missing out on and seeing as the pre-order stuff seems to be 100% devoted to making your time with UT better, what's it all about?

Also, I hope and pray they bring back multi-monitor support in '17, there's nothing quite like seeing the whole pitch spread out over 3 screens :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ultimate team is a non casuals best possible 11 players to play online with.

Its an FM like system that means you have to play to get better players but PAY to get the best. You get coins and use them to buy players and contracts for your players, players come in Bronze/Silver and Gold. Obviously Gold is best. Each team is boosted by their chemistry so left footed right back is a no no.

I play but buy all St Pats players just to get the 100% Chemistry, its ridiculous how better St Pats are in FUT than in normal mode with the chemistry boost. Still **** to but at least they try.

Above is a very short description of it. very short.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Thanks for that, it sounds like the sort of thing I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever :D

Oh by the way, multi monitor support is working ;)

397071.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shiminay wrote: »
    Oh by the way, multi monitor support is working ;)

397071.jpg

How can you play with those thick black blockers in the middle?

After 2 minutes you don't even notice them, the brain just filters it out cause it follows the motion of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement