Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating: Geography Project Re-do?

Options
  • 13-09-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a Leaving Cert repeat student and I'm looking for advice with regard to the geography field study project.

Last year, I completed a project that I would consider to have been full marks (as I was told by my teacher who was an amazing teacher and would have expected me to hand in nothing less than a perfect project). I kept all of my notes on the project and even have the final draft.

This year, I have a geography teacher that is new to the school as my old teacher left. They are carrying out the exact same field study (same experiements, same location) so I decided to research the new project titles for this year.

2016: The impact of geomorphic process/processes and/or human activity on the development of landform(s) in a glaciated or fluvial or coastal or karst environment.

2017: An investigation of the impact of the process(es) of transportation and/or deposition on the formation of one glacial, fluvial or coastal landform.

This year's project is extremely similiar with last year's project actually expecting even more information - on things like human activity and erosion. I would of course re-word my project to suit this years title and swap out any figures that were aquired on the day of the trip, but as it is a lot of money and a day of my time that I could spend catching up on my Home Economics project, I just wanted to find out if it was necessary to go again as my new teacher is unsure?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your teacher will be the one signing the sheet to say you went on the trip and did all the work yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

I was in the same position last year and I still went again. I think it sounds okay to not go again but still...

Advertisement