Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Fedora 24 on ASUS X550 C

Options
  • 13-09-2016 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

I'll be installing Fedora 24 64 bit on my ASUS X550C. This has an i5 CPU and 4GB memory

I've confirmed that the hardware is 64 bit.

The installation will be by image on DVD.

Wondering if the laptop camera will be picked up ok?

Another update tomorrow at this time
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Give a live fedora cd/dvd a shot - you'll get an idea what works. I'd surprised if it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

FYI

"Welcome to the Linux Laptop Wiki. The aim of this website is to provide a central wiki for people to post their experiences with Linux on the model of laptop or notebook they are using. Hopefully we will generate a large database of laptops where people can come and quickly see if the laptop they are interested in works with Linux.
    The ASUS X550CA laptop works properly with Linux. Laptop tested is an ASUS R510C, but is an ASUS X550CA as reported by dmidecode. Tested on Debian Jessie with UEFI booting enabled, in addition to Ubuntu 14.04. Windows 8 / 8.1 dualboot works fine, as along as grub is installed correctly into the efi partition (usually the first partition on the hard disk) through the 'something else' option in the installer.
    Webcam Compatible"

http://www.linlap.com/asus_x550ca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

***COMPLETE***

sorry for the gap folks.

typing it on the x550c now.

Installed from imaged DVD. At 69 - 70 % installation seems to stick ..................for ages..............

other than that I'm evaluating but happy so far.....

sound is good....still need to find out how to get the webcam above the screen working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Let's start from "lsusb"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

>>sorted. App called 'Cheese' in the list picked up the webcam no bother. Libre Office is already installed as well. That leave the audio recording to test..I can't do it here but will report back shortly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement