Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250km to 300km Dublin cycle route

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

This was a nice one ; starts on Stephens Green though :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/153881623

310km and about 2500m but only a few hills at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

What sort of time frame to do a 200 or 300 spin?
    Average speed of 30kph is still 10 hours without breaks so I'm assuming you guys leave early morning and don't return till late evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

If you are riding a 300, it'll probably take you at least 12 hours, dawn is at 7am approximately and sunset at 7:30pm. Usually most 300km audaxes start at 6am with a 20 hour time limit.

There's your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

There's your answer.

Thanks. How many proper food stops would you do. As in would a substantial lunch and dinner be taken in or the usual stuff (bananas/sambo/bars/gels)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

It depends. You certainly need to eat properly. On a 200, it'll be rolls from a deli/petrol station. On a 300 or longer, a sit-down main course in a pub or cafe. I tend to carry too much food as I go but the likes of mars bars (or Lidl equivalent) and jelly babies work nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Thanks again for all the suggestions for the 250km to 300km - definitely looking at the Midlands 300 / 6 Megaliths permanent for near future

For practicality and to throw a contribution to charity we may do http://www.cycle4life.ie/ route twice and cycle back to town up Howth hill and out to Killiney and back. At least the DID route will be marked out with mech support for first 100km

The self sufficiency aspect of the Audax could be an issue for our crew.

Advertisement