Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flavour chasers

• 13-09-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Right, I want to know what is your go to tank for flavour. One that has you smacking your lips and dribbling with excitement.

Mine is a kfv5 clone. My squape x dream has great flavour, but something just not right about the airflow.

Not MTL, I like my kfv3 mini clones, but there isn't enough vapour to really enjoy, they are like a little starter, punchy flavour, but not enough to satisfy.

Not a dripper either, airflow isn't to my liking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

The Bellus & the Lemo 2. Also cannot stop using my Triton Mini's. Have a Le Mirage Clone that really hits the flavour button too (bit of an oddball item though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Hands down the Freemax starre pure for me..

Have also just ordered an Augvape Merlin which looks interesting - single side velocity deck 4ml top fill.
    augvape-merlin-rta.jpg

Two good prices available
    in Ireland for €25
    http://esmaugireland.com/product/augvape-merlin-rta/

or GB for the next 10 hours €13.60
    http://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_426547.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

For me it's the Kayfun V5 clone from tobecco and my two wotofo tanks , serpent and serpent mini .

I do think my next purchase will be that iJoy Limitless XL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Atm, the Mage RTA, it's a little taste machine.

I honestly believe though, most tanks per category [similar size, type] are very much the same, it all comes down to the airflow. How it's designed, how much control over it you have. The smaller tanks, with shorter chimneys will always have better flavour than the taller, beefier big boys. But, in saying that, i have actually been impressed by the Herakles RTA-2 also, for it's size and type [big beefy cloud chugger, performs best at higher wattage] - turn the airflow down a tad, with the juice flow wide open, and it delivers decent flavour on top of those creamy clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Hands down the Freemax starre pure for me..

Do you have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

moleyv wrote: »
    Do you have one?

Yeah :

http://esmaugireland.com/product/freemax-starre-pure-4ml-tank-2/

I got the Mage RTA from there too,another great tank for flavour

I was thinking the wotofo conqueror might be worth a try. I remember jno said it was good.

The mage is essentially similar to tornado nano and the moonshot. Very nice, but I know there are better. You are right cagey, short chimneys is key a lot of the time, but you sacrifice capacity.

The original tornado is a flavour beast, but when other things are so much easier to build on, they really missed a trick.

The herakles is great flavour for what it is. But there are more flavoursome large rtas. I still have to commend the wicking design, and it is probably my go to large tank for the last few months.

Lemo never really took my interest, I might have a look at that triton 2.

Yeah :

Thanks, I remember half watching a review and losing interest, might look it up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Just got the kayfun V5 and liking it a lot.

Got me thinking about something and that's sound or the quality of the sound and it's affect on the perception of the vape experience.

I will play with all aspects of a build until I master a tank and can get decent flavour from most tanks. The rub is some tanks can be noisy where a pop of juice can be amped up due to the design of a tank or just growl in an unpleasant tone. The V5 seems to mute all this to a soft pleasurable drone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

moleyv wrote: »
    Right, I want to know what is your go to tank for flavour. One that has you smacking your lips and dribbling with excitement.

Mine is a kfv5 clone. My squape x dream has great flavour, but something just not right about the airflow.

Not MTL, I like my kfv3 mini clones, but there isn't enough vapour to really enjoy, they are like a little starter, punchy flavour, but not enough to satisfy.

Not a dripper either, airflow isn't to my liking.

From the large capacity tanks for me it has to be the Conqueror for a full rich flavour, excellent performer at low watts. Care needed inserting the coils as it's a postless deck,easily wicked once coils are in place.Subjective con would be the fact that the chimney piece can't be removed from tank for cleaning etc.

Smaller capacity tanks,I'm using the Mage,Moonshot,Serpent Mini and Goblin Mini,all excellent performers,Moonshot tends to get hot on top very quickly but for flavour it still has to be the original Goblin Mini. Once it's wicked well it produces a wonderful flavoursome vape and with the single coil adaptor in place it works well for a MTL also.

RDTA's are the real flavour machines and they all have one big con,they leak and are really a home use tank only. Best of these imo is the Avocado 22,fabulous flavour.

I had the Avocado 24, and while it was decent for flavour, it wasn't a patch on the Mage. The short stubby RTA are the best for flavour IMO. I'm not gone on the 'RDTA' types, I don't see much point to them. Either be an RTA ... or a dripper ... both doesn't work in one.

I had the Avocado 24, and while it was decent for flavour, it wasn't a patch on the Mage. The short stubby RTA are the best for flavour IMO. I'm not gone on the 'RDTA' types, I don't see much point to them. Either be an RTA ... or a dripper ... both doesn't work in one.

Yeah they rdta things can be weird. I liked the avocado 24, but there is better.

I need to try the new limitless tank. I'm a fan of the ijoy tanks.

The real 'rdta's are things which wick from the bottom but juice tank up top.

The aromamizers for instance. They are great! (Why did I sell my supreme :pac: )

The squape x dream and kfv5 both feed from the bottom too.

I've a conqueror on the way anyway.

I watched a few reviews on that pure tank, not sold on it. Not a fan of using premade coils. They do have some RTAs though, so might try them at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Kayfun v5 clone from SXK with a .5ohm Clapton build. All I've been vaping on for weeks now.

Well the conqueror is doing the trick, very nice tank.

One of these days I'll actually throw a coil or two into mine :D (Prolly go all out and add some cotton too) :D:D

Saw a video on single coiling them that I'd like to try - I have some sort of mental block about dual coiling rta's :D

That Pharaoh thingy looks like it might be a great single coiler - for those mad, low resistance fancy wires. Grimm green says it's possibly the best single coil deck he's ever used and it's got great flavour to boot

Advertisement